AFK Castles Architechure

Sigurð Stormhand

Ok, this is the going to be my little den for planning, plotting and marking up architechure for the AFK Castles mod.Current work:Finish up Chorrol, Bruma, Anvil and Chedinhall base layout, doors and architechural lighting.Start Bravil and Leyawin (any imput on these now please)Finish the Kvatch tomb and catacomb complex.Any other taks will be added to this post in the future, and I will update the whole thing comprehensively next week after I move house!BrumaMock up: http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/Philip_Wallinder/AFK_Courtiers%20Mock%20ups/BrumaMarkup1.jpg Blue arrows indicate direction of doors (though I haven't actuall added any yet) Key: 1. Common entrance area for Snorris and Ragnar. 2. Snorri's Room 3. Ragnar's Room 4. Unclaimed 5. Unclaimed 6.Unclaimed 7.Unclaimed 8. Unclaimed 9. Servant's Quarters? I think 4 and 9 can be spilt without any real difficulty, if we need more room.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sigurð Stormhand

• Conner

• Dwip

• Arthmoor

Oh, so we changed the mod name? I thought this forum was just for the NPC's *facepalm*.

Yeah, I guess we've changed the mod name. Which I guess will require some file path updates to ditch AFK_Castles and move to AFK_Courtiers.Also, I wasn't smart enough to port over your various WIP screenshots. You may want to at some point.

Well you guys said on the blog that the name was getting changed, I just went with the flow :)

Dwip, you didn't answer my querry about file paths. Do we want the top directory to be "dwip" or AFK Courtiers.currently I have resources in meshesdwipAFK_castlesSigurddungeons

I did, but I think it got lost in the shuffle.As far as I'm concerned, Dwip should be the top level directory.The stair stuff I sent you would be in meshes/Dwip/AFK_Courtiers/architecture/, while your dungeon stuff would be in meshes/Dwip/AFK_Courtiers/dungeons/I've only had modder's resources distinguished by the creator's name.There are a couple of things going on here that probably bear discussion that I should elaborate on:1. The reason for the Dwip/AFK_Courtiers/ thing is because every other AFK mod in existance uses that structure. It's a little bit neater in the meshes directory, and frankly, having a top level AFK_Courtiers directory would be confusing to me. If this is going to be something that's deeply uncomfortable to people, we can take my name out, but that's the idea.2. The reason for distinguishing modder's resources from the things we the AFK_Courtiers team create for the mod is basically for the legalese in the readme - generally if it's included in an AFK mod, my licensing terms are free use - if you want to use it for yourself, use it and give credit. Obviously I don't have permission most times to use modder's resources in this way, so same way to distinguish them from the rest is useful. The readme for AFK_Weye is pretty standard in this regard.Again, if this is problematic for anyone, we should probably have that discussion now.

I like that file setup and it's the same as what Arthmoor does. This way, all of Dwips mods that I have are all in his Dwip folder, and if one day I dislike Dwip, zap goes the folder :POk, seriously, to me it's logical and simple.

For obvious reasons I don't have any issue with storing everything under the Dwip folder.The only thing I'm still not clear on is where the heck are you actually putting any used modders' resources?

I figure the location of modder's resources would vary.For example, in AFK_Weye, I'm using Ghogiel's bonemold armor. Which lives in Dwip/AFK_Weye/armor/ghogiel_bm/Phitt's Lich King creature lives in Dwip/AFK_Weye/creatures/PTLichKing/etc, etc.

Ok, that makes more sense then. Sort of how I did things with ABR and the Nord tomb resource. Not so much with Feldscar since everything is just tossed in.

I did' date=' but I think it got lost in the shuffle.As far as I'm concerned, Dwip should be the top level directory.The stair stuff I sent you would be in meshes/Dwip/AFK_Courtiers/architecture/, while your dungeon stuff would be in meshes/Dwip/AFK_Courtiers/dungeons/I've only had modder's resources distinguished by the creator's name.There are a couple of things going on here that probably bear discussion that I should elaborate on:1. The reason for the Dwip/AFK_Courtiers/ thing is because every other AFK mod in existance uses that structure. It's a little bit neater in the meshes directory, and frankly, having a top level AFK_Courtiers directory would be confusing to me. If this is going to be something that's deeply uncomfortable to people, we can take my name out, but that's the idea.2. The reason for distinguishing modder's resources from the things we the AFK_Courtiers team create for the mod is basically for the legalese in the readme - generally if it's included in an AFK mod, my licensing terms are free use - if you want to use it for yourself, use it and give credit. Obviously I don't have permission most times to use modder's resources in this way, so same way to distinguish them from the rest is useful. The readme for AFK_Weye is pretty standard in this regard.Again, if this is problematic for anyone, we should probably have that discussion now.
That's fine, and makes perfect sense - the only minor issue I have is that I have stuff currently laying around that I might use (just re-textures) under Architechure/Sigurd/.So I shall be duplicating directories.The reason I just wanted to be clear is that my Oblivion install is already 42+ GB and I'm actually trying to trim that down, so I didn't want to unnessessarily litter my data folder.

Ok, as it seems I can't edit the first post, this will have to go here:Bruma mock up: http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/Philip_Wallinder/AFK_Courtiers%20Mock%20ups/BrumaMarkup1.jpgBlue arrows indicate direction of doors (though I haven't actuall added any yet)Key:1. Common entrance area for Snorris and Ragnar.2. Snorri's Room3. Ragnar's Room4. Unclaimed5. Unclaimed6.Unclaimed7.Unclaimed8. Unclaimed9. Servant's Quarters?I think 4 and 9 can be spilt without any real difficulty, if we need more room.

It's looking pretty good' date=' but that's a lot of unclaimed rooms.[/quote']That's the idea.Once people make calims and we have them all finalised I can do the final division, that can be appoved, and then I can begin clutterin etc.

Sorry - try editing the first post now? I removed the time limit on being able to edit posts. I suppose we'll have to see if that decision becomes unwise at a later date or if we need to set up some extra groups.Also, I like the layout.

It's looking pretty good' date=' but that's a lot of unclaimed rooms.[/quote']

That's the idea.

Once people make calims and we have them all finalised I can do the final division' date=' that can be appoved, and then I can begin clutterin etc.[/quote']I understand now, and that makes sense.On a side note, Samson, while we're reporting QSFP oddities here, when I hit the quote button his the post above to get the above quote, it didn't just throw in a copy of the post with the appropriate quote tags, it also threw in a bunch of line breaks, as in the html "

", which I'm going to leave in so you can see them, I'm pretty certain they shouldn't be there and that QSFP never did that in previous versions. :(

Some layout thoughts for Bruma:- Cool. Love how the stairs fit in like that.- For reference, here's the list of folks that need rooms in Bruma:Karn SilveraxeRagnar, SnorriCalidia Denius/Storig MassonUnnamed MinerFlorius CanstavoAnd possibly the AU dropout and Mael's merchant as well, but we're already pretty full.So, some thoughts:1-3 are fine for Ragnar/Snorri.4 for Karn.5 for Florius6 for the miner7 for Storig until he gets hitched. One of the the roamers might show up after this and take the room.8 for the servants (there are only 2, yes?)9 for Calidia, plus Storig after the marriage. I'm thinking we can also split part of it off for quarters for a maid for Calidia, and more on that in her thread.That's a little cramped for the servants, but we can probably make it work. I'll come back to this in the appropriate threads.How does that sound for everyone?

OK,do you want me to put in seperate guest quarters somewhere as well?I'm not going to be working for about a week or so, I only have intermittent net connection, no desk, and my modding computer is in a box!Hopefully, once my bed is built, I will be able to set the rest of the room up.

I suspect he's saying that he's in the middle of a move but once he's done with it he could add another room for those cramped servants if need be.(Otherwise, all sounds good to me)

I suspect he's saying that he's in the middle of a move but once he's done with it he could add another room for those cramped servants if need be.(Otherwise' date=' all sounds good to me)[/quote']Correct.

Just to let you know, move has been hellish - I've only just got enough space on my desk to put down my laptop, so it's going to be a little while longer before I can get my main rig on line, I'm surrounded by suit bags at the moment (I have nowhere to hang them up).