• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sigurð Stormhand

• Conner

• Dwip

• Arthmoor

yah, still somewhat hampered by lack of internet connection, but I will try to get some work done now even if I am not very visible.

Eek, how does one survive with no internet? Terrible thought.Good to see you around though.

Eek' date=' how does one survive with no internet? Terrible thought.

Good to see you around though.[/quote']One makes the 20 minute walk up the hill to the Uni. I'm working right now, actually, but I only have some of the Esps on the laptop at home here and I lost a few meshes in the Great Reinstall. That was a bit of a downer.

I have to admit that I shudder at the thought of having to go without internet for any length of time these days. With the way things have been for us lately, there's a distinct possibility that I may lose internet before too long just because I can't afford the bill much longer unless we find a job soon, and it's a pretty disturbing concept. It wasn't that many years ago when we didn't have internet in our lives at all, but these days it's hard to even job hunt without internet, not to mention I'd been online for years before the internet was publicly available via BBSs and just modem to modem connections so having to go without completely ... :shudder:

I have to admit that I shudder at the thought of having to go without internet for any length of time these days. With the way things have been for us lately' date=' there's a distinct possibility that I may lose internet before too long just because I can't afford the bill much longer unless we find a job soon, and it's a pretty disturbing concept. It wasn't [i']that[/i] many years ago when we didn't have internet in our lives at all, but these days it's hard to even job hunt without internet, not to mention I'd been online for years before the internet was publicly available via BBSs and just modem to modem connections so having to go without completely ... :shudder:
Aye, I nearly missed out on a PhD workshop because of not picking up my emails. That really would have ruined my new year.

Yea, it is kinda hard to get by now without internet. It's almost like going without electricity. We all know it's "possible", but I don't want to try it.

Aye' date=' I nearly missed out on a PhD workshop because of not picking up my emails. That really would have ruined my new year.[/quote']Ouch, that really would've sucked in a big way. :(
Yea' date=' it is kinda hard to get by now without internet. It's almost like going without electricity. We all know it's "possible", but I don't want to try it.[/quote']You remember when "roughing it" was a rage? Everyone had to go try camping, and it was fun for a couple of days, maybe a week, but you sure wouldn't want to live out of a tent permanently. ;)

Anymore, I lose internet for a day or so and I'm climbing the walls. I don't see how other people do it.As to camping, so, Boy Scouts back in the day. As is custom, we went camping. The picking and roasting corn part was pretty awesome, and I'm a fan of nature. The experience loses a lot of the joy when you wake up in the middle of the night and accidentally walk into the river. Just not that great.

Yea' date=' my dad was on that kick for a while. I didn't see any point to it.[/quote']:lol: Well, it certainly isn't for everybody. There are some folks who are perfectly content to live in a tent (or a lean-to) indefinitely.. I'm not one of 'em. ;)Don't get me wrong, I really do happen to enjoy camping out for short periods with my family so I can teach my kids about nature and wilderness survival and so I can get away from the world for a few days, but there are definitely aspects of camping that I can do quite well without too. :lol:
Anymore' date=' I lose internet for a day or so and I'm climbing the walls. I don't see how other people do it.[/quote']Believe me, I fully and totally empathize, but it really is different when you're on a planned vacation sort of thing and you're going somewhere that you know doesn't have internet on purpose. On the other hand, catching back up when you get back sort of sucks... :shrug:
As to camping' date=' so, Boy Scouts back in the day. As is custom, we went camping. The picking and roasting corn part was pretty awesome, and I'm a fan of nature. The experience loses a lot of the joy when you wake up in the middle of the night and accidentally walk into the river. Just not that great.[/quote']Yeah, like I said, there are certain aspects that one can certainly do without. Bathing in an open stream is kind of cool, provided it remains a secluded location... just to mention one such example. :redface:Besides, there's a huge difference between doing it for the experience with all sorts of supplies that you've brought along so that it barely feels like "roughing it" and suddenly realizing that your dehydrated food supplies all managed to get wet and now you've actually got to catch those fish or go hungry because you didn't bring anything to kill an animal with and you're not so sure which flora are safe.. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Man, that sucks. I really do feel for ya', mate.I suppose at least it's just the internet and not having to go without your computer at all, or, even worse, power.

I am at home at 2:27am, and online!That's right people, I'm fully up and running again! Unfortunately someone gave me the first three books of "A Song of Ice and Fire" for Christmas.I should actually be able to do work now though, without having to do things like make a 50 minute rounds trip and produce hard copy notes.Also, I paid my PhD fees today. :cry:

Ok, I guess my attempt at commiseration was just a little too soon.. gratz! and welcome back. :biggrin:Ouch, hope they didn't completely break the bank on ya'.

• 11 months later...

Basic architechture and some cluttering/lighting done for 3/5 cells for the Kvatch Tomb, two cells left to design, and I appear to have confused myself, because I'm not sure how all these tunnells link up now.Some work done on Bruma layout and lighting done, I opened up some extra space to make the rooms bigger. Do you still want servants' quarters?Is anyone still interested?

Well, insofar as I can't muster any enthusiasm for anything related to Oblivion at all, erm, uh.It may perhaps be worth pondering a version of this for Skyrim, because oh man are those Jarl's halls empty, but...

I was thinking the same thing actually. My one last hurrah for Oblivion is going to be done very very soon now and hopefully it won't be much longer before the Skyrim CK is out. So yeah. Probably good to think about switching gears to go with Skyrim for this now.

OK.Sadly my own initial infusiasm was thwarted by, well life, so sorry none of this got sooner.Me thinks I will finish the dungeon and kit it out regardless - just another hole to fall down, albeit a more unusal one - so long as no one has any objections.

Some of us still do care and are modding Oblivion.
I'm sure its possible to do a Skyrim version without impinging on an Oblivion version, some of the quests planned, like this Kvatch-centric one, won't transfer over and some of the cahacters, like an ambassador for Skyrim and an unemployed Altmer mage won't either.If you want to see the Alpha of this dungeon though, best I send it to you in a week or so, it's a bit complex to explain with floorplans.