TESV DLC: Dragonborn

Thomas Kaira

So, what do we know so far?- The setting is Solstheim, though it will have changed tremendously after the events of The Infernal City and the Dunmer occupation. Likely the landscape will have been altered by Red Mountain's massive eruption, not to mention the various plants and building styles the Dunmer brought with them. This is not the Solstheim we saw in Bloodmoon.- Locations will include a Telvanni wizard tower, a place called Miraak Temple (likely devoted to the Dragonborn priest the trailer talks about) Castle Karstaag, and Raven Rock.- Spears are returning.- Dragon mounts.- Mounted spellcasting.- Release date is December 4th. Only 360 mentioned so far, but the exclusivity deal is over now.And I believe this might be the last DLC we get for Skyrim, going off of the old patterns. Each game had one DLC related to a specific Faction (Morrowind: Tribunal, Oblivion: Knights of the Nine, Skyrim: Dawnguard) and now has one DLC for a new land to explore (Morrowind: Bloodmoon, Oblivion: Shivering Isles, Skyrim: Dragonborn). Also, I'm digging the new Morrowind-ified Skyrim theme. :alienjump:

Oh, I didn't see that angle coming. A dragon priest who's also a dragonborn.As far as DLC patterns, I'd say Fallout 3 and NV both broke that somewhat, so we could still see more, but the chances of them being large ones like this and Dawnguard are probably a bit slim.I wonder if there's any new Game Jam stuff in here, or if whatever remains is going to show up in some other DLC.

Oh' date=' I didn't see that angle coming. A dragon priest who's also a dragonborn.

As far as DLC patterns, I'd say Fallout 3 and NV both broke that somewhat, so we could still see more, but the chances of them being large ones like this and Dawnguard are probably a bit slim.

I wonder if there's any new Game Jam stuff in here, or if whatever remains is going to show up in some other DLC.[/quote']Spears, dragon mounts.

Well besides the ones we knew about like spears, dragon mounts, and the repurposed goblins as reiklings :P

I see spears, new armors, ayleid ruin architecture, an arena, dragon mounts of course. Looks pretty cool. Not into the whole MW-style though.Edit: This is what I get for sitting on this page for an hour without posting ... you guys had a whole convo in the meantime lol

• 2 weeks later...

Might want to point directly to this link as that's where the blog takes you.Seems to be just still pics of what we've seen in the trailer?This one pic blackbook.jpg shows some nice shiny new armor. Is that stalhrim? (cause I haven't a clue)

Link changed to one even more direct, though they're forcing people through one of those damnable date of birth checks. I HATE those.Yes, that might very well be Stalhrim armor.Has anyone been able to confirm or deny that this is a timed exclusive for the 360 before PC gets it?

Has anyone been able to confirm or deny that this is a timed exclusive for the 360 before PC gets it?
Not seen anything confirmed but I hope so :P

Game Informer says it is, but still, nothing has been confirmed. Bethesda is being their usual shifty self with the information.Also, apparently there was also a closed beta invite last week for those who participated in the Dawnguard beta. Must be nice for those who have been given what amounts to an early access pass (we all know they don't fix DLC bugs).

• 1 month later...

It appears to not be long now. Steam has a private beta option in the Skyrim properties for it. You need a password though, and someone forgot to get me mine. Surely they can't have forgotten? Death to Microsoft

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if they held back the PC version so that they could actually get a PS 3 version out this time. Basically they didn't want to hit the PS 3 users twice. The exclusivity for xbox was one thing, but to release for PC as well might have been too much.

Nope. I'm going with a disgusting and wholly unwarranted 60-day exclusivity. Which, if true, is a disturbing trend I'd just as soon see them never pull again.

All eyes will be on whatever the next DLC is. If there is one.

They only communicated something after the PC+PS3 gamers rose up against them and were entertaining thoughts of a boycott. THIS is what these exclusivity agreements lead to and that's why they're bad. All they ever do is generate ill will toward the company.

• 2 weeks later...

When looked at the screenshots of Skaal Village in particular and memories return from my last playthrough of Bloodmoon.

I also read this...

Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary – the first Dragonborn.

...which makes me wonder if Bethesda had been looking for a catchy phrase and I think the bold text is what they're looking for, because that's exactly what hear an army general in Rome TW is saying to his men just before the battle is to commence.