Project Eternity

Arthmoor

So. I'll admit. If Obsidian can pull this off and produce something great as a result of it, my opinion of them will improve greatly. Assuming more details are forthcoming in future updates.One might notice they're wisely avoiding the fact that they were responsible for Neverwinter :PThey're trumpeting their involvement with F:NV too but honestly I don't think that's much to be proud of since the game was, IMO, rather bland.They might also want to be careful about their logo. When I saw it, I thought for sure it was the TES Online logo thing. My initial gut reaction was that they were somehow involved with that and that this was some kind of bizarre attempt to raise funds for a TES Online DLC.

Perhaps. It depends on my level of motivation. The brief of it being that it wasn't a horrible mess like Two Worlds 2 and thus not a thorn in my mind, and it wasn't super duper awesome greatness like Skyrim that I couldn't wait to comment on.

Fair enough. NP if you don't, but I was actually curious to hear what you had to say, all things considered.Also to break up the politics. :P

Well, they're funded. Impressive. Even more amazing is the number of high dollar amount backers.

• 5 weeks later...

So yeah. I split this off because it seemed non-random enough to justify it.Anyway, they just crossed the $3 million mark with 49 hours to go. That's quite a lot of stretch goals and if they pull this off the game should actually be worth playing.

Heh, the funny thing is, as gaming budgets go, that's really small. Maybe it'll get better spent though since there won't be a publisher sticking their noses into things all the time.Also, I sure hope April of 2014 isn't an indication of a rush job. We really don't know how long they might have been toying with this before seeking funding.I'd also love to see that remaining $400K happen because I love giant cities in RPGs, but that doesn't seem likely.

Well, holy crap, they've managed $300K of that $500K with 21 hours still to go. Too bad most of that will be overnight hours, leaving little time left by tomorrow to make up the ground. Though, hell, stranger things have happened.Plus their mega dungeon is up to 10 levels now. That's pretty big.Well, 16 hours to go, slightly less than $100K needed to get that second big city.

Jesus, they managed to pull in $500K in the last 40 hours, with 6 to go. I sure hope they spend all this money wisely.

This whole thing has been rather incredible to follow actually. They got a blizzard of funding in the early hours, and it seems another blizzard is underway now to push for $4 million in the last 2 hours.It's too bad Bethesda and its publishing arm are one and the same company, they could learn a thing or two from this.

$3,986,929, oh so close. Here's to hoping they do something good with all this money, and to hoping nobody forgets about this between now and 2014 :P

• 2 years later...

Time for a good old fashioned thread Necro!

Looks like Obsidian finally made it. GoG is taking preorders now.

• 2 weeks later...