Skyrim Patch 1.7.7.0.6 Released

Thomas Kaira

Patch 1.7 is now available on SteamPublished Changelog: General memory and stability optimizations Fixed crash related to new water shaders Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360) Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360) Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360) Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360) Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)

The only file changed was TESV.EXE this time. And while they don't mention the dialogue bug, it should still be tested for because they're famous for stealth updating.

Then we have conflicting reports, because I just ran the beta with LAL and the USKP with all the dialogue intact. The scene with Ulfric and Galmar that was guaranteed to break has played out in its entirety without losing any of the dialogue.

I thought there was something wrong with that scene! Is it LAL doing it?And is it just me, or is testing a patch on PC, that's pretty much geared for Dawnguard and Xbox a little ..... stupid?

No, it's the USKP messing that up. LAL is just a convenient way to get from a new game start directly to the scene for testing. It's worked all 5 times so far. It's a scene I am deeply familiar with due to LAL testing so it's obvious as hell to me when parts go missing, or when it plays out properly.I'll have to go try my Paarthurnax mod again too since it was having the same sort of problems only with direct dialogue. If that's fixed as well, it's a very good sign.The guy who did Moonpath to Elsweyr also says this patch eliminated all of the CTD conflicts he's seen with multiple quest mods in the game. So it's starting to look like "General memory and stability optimizations" means a lot more than it implies.Also, just because I'm paranoid, I'm going to to reverify the navmeshes to make sure they haven't busted those again.

Ok, so I've also tested my Paarthurnax mod which suffers from dialogue failing to play and it works just fine now too.Navmeshes are still in one piece, so they didn't break those. This patch is looking good to me.

Since I am not able to log into the Steam Community forums, I sent this message to GStaff:"I cannot seem to access the steam community forums and I need to pass on a bug report. Since I have no idea how to go about sending one and have no idea who else to send it to, I'm going to pass this information on to you and hope for the best.I opted into the beta for purposes of testing the dialogue fix.The dialogue fix does seem to work for mods with esps.It does not work for a mod with an esm. I verified by testing Alexander Velicky's Falskaar mod, which is in beta/alpha testing. The dialogue does not work.I also tested some of Arthmoor's mods and those did work. As did his suggestions for testing with Vanilla Skyrim.I just hope I'm sending this to the right person. If not, please let me know who to send it to and I will send that person a pm.Thanks in advance.Cathy Anderson aka Ysne58"

Better sent to him anyway. The Steam community forums aren't going to get you anywhere with a bug report for Bethesda.

Patch 1.7 is now live on Steam. The timing, oh, the timing. Caught before the USKP was anywhere close to ready for a proper update. Thankfully nothing broke between beta and live. Easily the best patch they've had since launch.