Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Bash is open source, feel free to fix it :P

TES5Edit goes where it goes because that's where xEdit has always gone. That's not likely to change either. And I don't think it should. EXE files don't belong in my Data folder.

They belong in a museum in their own folder, is where they belong.  Preferably one outside my game dir.  But maybe I'm old fashioned like that.

And I already gave the Bash devs as much free advice about UI design as I think I possibly can, at this point. :P

Also, general PSA: level 1 mage + bear = sadness.  In case you wondered.

They belong in a museum in their own folder, is where they belong.  Preferably one outside my game dir.  But maybe I'm old fashioned like that.

IMO you're not old fashioned and that makes two of us. :)

What a specific game utility folder are you referring to?  I've TESVGecko in the C:Program Files(x86)Dark CreationsTESVGecko directory (default path?).

Yeah, that's Gecko's default path. Btw, you should use the 64 bit version, so it'd be in Program Files. I put it in my utilities folder, which is a folder I create myself.

Yeah, that's Gecko's default path. Btw, you should use the 64 bit version, so it'd be in Program Files. I put it in my utilities folder, which is a folder I create myself.

I thought the 0.0.4 version I had installed was a 64-bit version or have I miss something.  I don't mean to be too off topic by being too on topic if you know what I mean.

Anyway... It would be nice to have a status bar in the bottom plus have an "About TESVGecko" command on the menu where you can see which version is currently installed (probably abused :P). :)

So where can I download the recommended 64-bit version?  Link please. :D

It's all the same link. Even the same download package. You might have installed the 64 bit version, but you just quoted the installation path wrong. And yes, we plan to have a status bar and About dialogue.

The icon shows up if TES5Edit is in the proper location.

What do you mean by proper location? TESxEdit should work from anywhere, so there is no proper location? Or is this just "the location Wrye Bash has been designed to look at by default"?

TESxEdit should work from anywhere, so there is no proper location? Or is this just "the location Wrye Bash has been designed to look at by default"?

That's how I read it.  Where Wrye Bash to look for additional tool icons.

What do you mean by proper location? TESxEdit should work from anywhere, so there is no proper location? Or is this just "the location Wrye Bash has been designed to look at by default"?

That's what I said. The proper location :)

That's what I said. The proper location :)

The proper location is wherever I want to put it. D:GamesBethesda SoftworksTESxEdit

If Wrye Bash doesn't like that, screw Wrye Bash! Not that I'm bothered anyway, I'd never launch any program from within Wrye Bash, I already have shortcuts to launch other TES-related programs, Wrye Bash having links to launch those same programs is just redundant.

It's not that you can't change it, it's that changing it is miles harder than it actually needs to be.  Why Bash doesn't just give you a bash.ini, and why Bash doesn't let you edit app paths from within Bash, I have no idea.

Meanwhile in Skyrim:

- Well, Open Cities, I'm sure that Brunwulf Free-Winter's house in Windhelm is invisible for some good reason, though the floating door is sort of amusing, I guess?

- Well, Economics of Skyrim, you're pretty cool, though your owned workstations don't seem to mesh very well with Open Cities.  Which is to say they aren't.

- That extremely exciting moment in Kynesgrove when you lead a giant into town, the local soldiers are like "Haha fuck that we're leaving" and you fight him solo before the game is like "meh, needs moar giant" and spawns another giant and a mammoth to chase you.  At level 3.

Actually his house is invisible for no good reason. It just happens whenever it feels like it. I might have fixed it, might not have, because I can't reliably make it happen.

Yes, I need to set up a patch for OCS + EoS at some point to deal with that. Papyrus properties and all that good stuff.

I suppose I shouldn't be particularly surprised to have made it all of a day and a half or so into Skyrim again before throwing my hands in the air, writing my own mod, and plotting out something slightly more ambitious in the bargain.  Apparently I can't help myself.

I suppose it also shouldn't surprise me that the first thing I did while planning said more ambitious mod was to decide I needed to craft something in Blender to get around the annoyances of the farmhouse kit.  Because apparently that's just how I roll.

Now, all I need to do is find a herd of cattle to sacrifice.

You'll need to mod said herd of cattle into the game first. There are no cattle herds in Skyrim. Only individual cows.

Hey Jorleif, "you're under the arrest" ? Seriously?

Blood on the Ice is like the buggiest quest ever.