Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Also, dear Visual Studio: is all of this random code you're forcing into my form's code really necessary? Because I'm doubtful. Also, could you PLEASE stop complaining at me about this file I want to delete? Nothing's using it. Please?No?*sigh*

I haven't seen that may nix hounds actually. I think the game just decided to make them all cliff racers. Even though most of them haven't been anywhere near cliffs.

Been playing MW with a Twin Lamps mod. It's rather nifty to have a mundane side quest turn into a slave liberation mission without intending for that to happen. Suddenly you're hauling along 5 or 6 total greenhorns in combat out of the ash wasteland over to the safehouse. It's proven useful to strip the bodies of their captors to arm the slaves. Me and my roving band of misfits :P Also' date=' Vivec help these slavers once my armies are complete.

And I'm getting pretty darn close to going to find me a no more cliff racers mod. Jesus Christ these things are a disaster.[/quote']Did someone say Cliff Racers?

Been playing MW with a Twin Lamps mod. It's rather nifty to have a mundane side quest turn into a slave liberation mission without intending for that to happen. Suddenly you're hauling along 5 or 6 total greenhorns in combat out of the ash wasteland over to the safehouse. It's proven useful to strip the bodies of their captors to arm the slaves. Me and my roving band of misfits :P Also' date=' Vivec help these slavers once my armies are complete.

And I'm getting pretty darn close to going to find me a no more cliff racers mod. Jesus Christ these things are a disaster.[/quote']

Did someone say Cliff Racers?

Thanks TK, That should make one grumpy lizard a little less grumpy.

Boy is that guy's XP elitism annoying and makes me want to punch him in the face. Also, while I actually went and verified some of that as truth (rather than just bitching at a not feature-complete preview) because I'm bored, the whole some random dude nature of the thing is...yeah....which should not be taken as any kind of endorsement of either Windows 8 or the Metro interface. I don't think I've ever seen an interface that made me want to stab my eyes out with a log more than Metro, and that includes DOS shells. There's just no part of this that looks like it's a good idea usability-wise, and the whole thing makes me feel like I'm 5, and not in that holy-shit-I'm-playing-with-Legos-this-is-so-awesome way, either. It's like I can feel my IQ decreasing the more I look at it. I seriously cannot understand who the target market for this particular UI look (not the obviously-meant-to-be-used-on-phones feel) could possibly be.You'd think they would have learned their lesson with the horrible default XP theme - every time Microsoft tries to go all bright and friendly, it ends up being sort of creepy more than anything.The ribbon bitching is a whole other animal, which I have thoughts on I may actually elaborate on at some point.

I know I won't be adopting win 8. I'll skip it until mickeysoft comes to their senses, which means that I'll probably be running win 7 for the next 20 years.I hope you Skyrim modders don't hate the ribbon too much - we're using it in the new Gecko. :wink:

There's a special place in hell for the ribbon. Or, in this case, perhaps in Oblivion....Linux isn't an option and never will be either. Once they may have had a glimmer of hope. Then the infighting that plagues the 12,000 distros took over and it was lost.

I'm not sure of mickey's implementation of it, especially in Word, but it actually does make sense sometimes and we think it will work well for the Gecko interface.Ysne, if you go with Linux, grab Ubuntu X. It's the most user friendly of the lot. And ignore our Grumpy Lizard. :tongue:

There's a special place in hell for the ribbon. Or' date=' in this case, perhaps in Oblivion....

Linux isn't an option and never will be either. Once they may have had a glimmer of hope. Then the infighting that plagues the 12,000 distros took over and it was lost.[/quote']Ach, ye just grumping for tha sake of it now!The ribbon works well in word, I prefer it to the old file menu, I can't see it working well in Explorer though because there aren't enough different fields and sub-fields in the menu to justify it.Linux works well as an OS, or can, the sole issue is finding the right build.

I grump, because I must. Someone has to do it! innocent.gif Ribbons are an abomination and have no place in an actually useful app or OS. There's a reason lots of UI experts hate them.One cannot find the "right build" because each of the previously mentioned 12,000 distros all thinks they're it and will zealously defend themselves as the One True Distro.

I like ribbons, they're pretty. :smile:

I grump' date=' because I must. Someone has to do it! [img']http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif[/img]

Ribbons are an abomination and have no place in an actually useful app or OS. There's a reason lots of UI experts hate them.

One cannot find the "right build" because each of the previously mentioned 12,000 distros all thinks they're it and will zealously defend themselves as the One True Distro.

MickeySchlock sure is not it either. Unfortunately, they do seem to have a monopoly.

Alright, I really hate the random corrupt leveled list bug now. It's gotten to the point for me now where I can only set up the lists to contain only one set of items per level at a time, otherwise, the CK fucks up the data. For fuck's sake, how could something that hasn't changed at all between game suddenly be broken?

Because it probably has changed and you just don't realize it yet? I dunno, I've done all of one thing with a leveled list so far and it works.

Yeah, say that again when you've made a couple hundred of the things and then they suddenly start returning blank in the preview screen and providing an error on startup of the Creation Kit that the list is full of NULL (00000000) records. And you never being able to tell if and when this is going to happen.I've since needed to rethink how to make them, and have decided on an approach that allows me to make sure every list only contains one level worth of items.

Well if it's doing that, clearly something HAS changed but the CK is somehow failing to account for that. Wild guess, I'd say someone goofed and there's an off-by-one error in some array deep inside the code. Something they did that the older games either didn't use or don't have as a subfeature.

Never modding Skyrim - I can see why Hana got it for console, female intuition.

Nah, we're getting there. Beth made some pretty significant changes to the engine, but we're gradually figuring it out.

Never modding Skyrim - I can see why Hana got it for console' date=' female intuition.[/quote']+100000000 :lol:

*crosses fingers* Hopefully now I'm done making leveled leveled lists. Only need to do so for weapons and armor, and I've got every variety of each covered now, so now it's just down to unleveled stuff (which the Creation Kit doesn't mess up).Still I at least know now exactly how to structure leveled lists fro Skyrim. Only one level's worth of items per list.In fact, I would actually prefer the entire system worked like that. You dump a bunch of items into a list and set a global level for the entire list rather than for the individual items. Imagine how much time that would save...

Since that's the first I've even heard of the site to my recollection, it wouldn't surprise me. These days it's pretty much go Civfanatics (and maybe Apolyton) or go home.

Heh, figured. It has the feel of a site that gets very little attention.Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not shedding any tears over the upcoming loss of Fileplanet. Mod thieves deserve to get shut down.