Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Probably is, but it makes no difference to me, I'm still going to use it :PSo.... today's venture into mods went something like this:Me: Ooo, shiny. Detailed Armors looks cool.Morrowind: Detailed you say?Me: Why yes, this should do nicely. *installs*Morrowind: No. (FPS tanks to 1 frame per 5 seconds)Me: Oh :(

A slideshow to show off your nice new armour! :lol:
:biggrin:

Random -- taking your 18 year old son to the dentist and hearing a pedantic lecture from him on the differences between Metal, Heavy Metal, Symphonic Metal and Symphonic Heavy Metal music while finding examples of each to demonstrate on XM radio while driving there.

Speaking as a formerly 18 year old son, perhaps less random and more awesome, music being important to some of us. But then, I've just spent large chunks of the last week categorizing my several hundred Smashing Pumpkins songs, and once upon a time I trained my mother to like U2, so, er, well, yeah.Also, I just woke up, so I initially read that as the dentist lecturing your son on metal, which is kind of awesome in a wholly different way.

Speaking as a formerly 18 year old son' date=' perhaps less random and more awesome, music being important to some of us. But then, I've just spent large chunks of the last week categorizing my several hundred Smashing Pumpkins songs, and once upon a time I trained my mother to like U2, so, er, well, yeah.

Also, I just woke up, so I initially read that as the dentist lecturing your son on metal, which is kind of awesome in a wholly different way.[/quote']That's exactly the way I read it at first too. :lol:

Also' date=' I just woke up, so I initially read that as the dentist lecturing your son on metal, which is kind of awesome in a wholly different way.[/quote']
hat's exactly the way I read it at first too. :lol:
I'll third that.And I'll more or less second Dwips first point as well. If I had punched someone every time I heard Nirvana called 'emo', I'd probably been in jail right now. But I managed to control myself. It was hard.

If it's any consolation, I read it as the son lecturing the dentist on metal. So take that for what it is, because my dinosaur brain would never have accepted the dentist as a metal music fan :P

If it's any consolation' date=' I read it as the son lecturing the dentist on metal. So take that for what it is, because my dinosaur brain would never have accepted the dentist as a metal music fan :P[/quote']We used to carpool, her son and my two kids. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she didn't get that same pedantic lecture at some point. rofl.gif

In other news, efficient, fast UI for apps with a lot of data input - how hard could it be?...yeah.

Random -- taking your 18 year old son to the dentist and hearing a pedantic lecture from him on the differences between Metal' date=' Heavy Metal, Symphonic Metal and Symphonic Heavy Metal music while finding examples of each to demonstrate on XM radio while driving there.[/quote']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9KcMPGlZ_s&feature=BFa&list=PLD60EC189784699ED

Acappella Hero Metal.

So, it appears I have an interesting anti-cheating measure put into Signs and Guardians that I didn't even know existed until today.Someone just left a comment that he tried using the uninstall script to remove his powers because he didn't like his choices and that although things went okay for a while, now he is having the Uninstall Complete message constantly popping up on his screen. Kinda like my mod is saying, "I know what you're doing cheater." :lol: Should I fix this? I don't really want to, since it is a rather amusing way to make someone pay the price for exploiting the system, but if need be, I can easily add a couple lines in that will completely shut the mod down if the uninstall script is run.

So' date=' it appears I have an interesting anti-cheating measure put into Signs and Guardians that I didn't even know existed until today.

Someone just left a comment that he tried using the uninstall script to remove his powers because he didn't like his choices and that although things went okay for a while, now he is having the Uninstall Complete message constantly popping up on his screen. Kinda like my mod is saying, "I know what you're doing cheater." :lol:

Should I fix this? I don't really want to, since it is a rather amusing way to make someone pay the price for exploiting the system, but if need be, I can easily add a couple lines in that will completely shut the mod down if the uninstall script is run.[/quote']How is uninstalling your mod cheating? I'm not following. Anyway, while it is often tempting, I refrain from telling people how to play their games. :)

He didn't "Uninstall" it, he just ran the uninstall script to wipe the slate clean and get out of the choice he made. He didn't bother to remove the mod at all, he just ran the script and immediately went back to re-selecting powers from the Stones. Thus the mod started complaining when he let the farce go on for too long.But all that aside, I'm not going to leave a known exploit in the mod, so I've just updated to plug the hole. Now if you run the uninstall script, the mod will enter a "lockdown" state where you cannot interact with any of the Standing Stones until you correctly and fully uninstall the mod.

Ah, I misunderstood. I'm not sure I consider a "change your mind" option to be an exploit though. I change my mind and decide another power would be better suited to my character, so I'd consider that a nice feature of the mod.

He didn't "Uninstall" it' date=' he just ran the uninstall script to wipe the slate clean and get out of the choice he made. He didn't bother to remove the mod at all, he just ran the script and immediately went back to re-selecting powers from the Stones. Thus the mod started complaining when he let the farce go on for too long.

But all that aside, I'm not going to leave a known exploit in the mod, so I've just updated to plug the hole. Now if you run the uninstall script, the mod will enter a "lockdown" state where you cannot interact with any of the Standing Stones until you correctly and fully uninstall the mod.[/quote']It's your mod, you have every right to develop it the way you want to.

Well, I guess we all get to be right in the old "The next TES is going to be a MMORPG!" "The next TES is going to be single player!" fight.

Well fuck me. Looks like we all get to remember where we were the day Elder Scrolls died.

I dunno. If it's not pvp it might be kinda fun romping around with friends. :shrug: Oh, and if it's free.

Well... that was interesting.I just tracked a source of save corruption to... Where's My Horse Gone. Apparently I accidentally had both of the plugins active in my load order at the same time, and that could not have done anything good, since I was getting "your save is corrupt" messages until I disabled the plugins. Then I could load my game again.A clean-save later, and the damage appears to have been undone, but I'm still unsure, since I pretty much just did one of the worst things a mod user could do. Woe is me, I broke my game. :facepalm:

Well fuck me. Looks like we all get to remember where we were the day Elder Scrolls died.
Well' date=' the Elder Scrolls told of it's coming, defeat was merely delay, until after Skyrim was released.[/Max Von Sydow']Beth aren't doing it though, maybe this will, you know, force them to up their game.

Well, looks like something went rather badly wrong with the 1.0.2 update to Where's my Horse Gone, as I have all but confirmed that the mod even on its own was corrupting my saves through unknown means.I've rolled all the mirrors back to 1.0.1 for now, but I don't think I'm going to update again. I'd rather concentrate on the larger projects right now.

I haven't had any issues... I've been using 1.0.1. I can't use it anymore though because Shadowmere died and I resurrected him, so the mod thinks he's dead. That's ok, I'm almost done that game anyway. I was planning on loading up Convenient Horses, so we'll see if it's compatible.

Been playing MW with a Twin Lamps mod. It's rather nifty to have a mundane side quest turn into a slave liberation mission without intending for that to happen. Suddenly you're hauling along 5 or 6 total greenhorns in combat out of the ash wasteland over to the safehouse. It's proven useful to strip the bodies of their captors to arm the slaves. Me and my roving band of misfits :P Also, Vivec help these slavers once my armies are complete.And I'm getting pretty darn close to going to find me a no more cliff racers mod. Jesus Christ these things are a disaster.

Cliff racers: how bad could it be?Actually, I didn't have much of a problem with them the last time through. I was pretty fucking done with nix hounds, though.