Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Yeah, so 2000 posts in the same thread is a bit much I think. Just think of all the stuff there that could have become actual topics....Anyway. Holy crap, was Morrowind combat always THIS bad? I certainly don't remember attacking stuff being such a huge pain in the ass.

Yeah, Morrowind combat is horrid. I always loaded mods to fix it - or at least allow spell casting while you had a weapon drawn, which made combat slightly more survivable.Back to the other thread... I think the decision to write Bash in Python is probably the biggest issue with it. Python isn't a very accessible language and it's fussy to install. Wrye had to customize it as well. I don't know Python but my husband does. He tells me the stupidest thing with it is that indentation changes the meaning of a command! No wonder the Bash guys are having trouble.And hubby's too busy helping me with Gecko, so no, you can't borrow him for Bash. LMAO

Yeah, this is just bad. I can't recall how I ever put up with this. I only installed it because I wanted to see if my two cheesy mods still worked, then decided to throw in the code patch and the graphics extender for the trip to Balmora. Mudcrabs and rats killed me because... well I don't know. I was swinging the sword but not hitting a thing. Although the one thing I've seen people complain about - archery - seems to work just fine for me.I wonder too if the texture packs are even working because they don't seem to have taken effect after I installed them. Probably something dumb like an archive invalidation setting I'm missing. The ones for NPC bodies and heads work, and some of Vurt's stuff kicked in, but it sure doesn't look like any of the landscape and statics did.Python is a linux language. Everything about it screams evolution from shell scripting. Shell scripts also have the same asinine fascination with the number of spaces altering the actual meaning. Makefiles are the same way to. You can't use tabs. Has to be spaces. Exact numbers of them. So that aspect of it I'm well aware of and fully expecting to cause problems. It's the rest. The actual syntax of it. Total gibberish. Almost like someone dropped it in a vat of Perl and thought that was useful.You can keep him - for now. Only because Gecko is far more important in its total absence :P

Ugh! I've done some shell scripting, so that explains everything. I've looked at Perl and found that to be gibberish too. Glad I can keep him - I don't think he'd like me trying to get him to look at Bash's code anyway! :tongue:

Morrowind combat will do that to you. At low levels, it really sucks how much you end up missing. At level 1, even rats may be a bit too much for you, best start on Mudcrabs, and hope you have at least half your Health left when the battle is over.Course, now with my Level 37 Warrior in Solstheim with maxed Long Blade, combat is a joke. Most creatures on Vvardenfell just can't take my awesome power anymore.

I just can't believe it was always this bad. I can't kill shit with a sword, yet can drop most stuff with a bow, even at close range, which makes no sense.I'd also forgotten just how completely lame the concept of spell failure was.Er, and we've come a long way with readmes since some of these mods were released. A LONG WAY.

Apparently the copy of Civ 4 on my laptop doesn't like me installing mods (although it runs with the officially packaged mods fine).Which is disappointing, because I was really keen to play as David Ben-Gurion.

I just can't believe it was always this bad. I can't kill shit with a sword' date=' yet can drop most stuff with a bow, even at close range, which makes no sense.

I'd also forgotten just how completely lame the concept of spell failure was.

Er, and we've come a long way with readmes since some of these mods were released. A LONG WAY.[/quote']I'm assuming you're dexy bastard (for aggi bastard) with a marksman skill over 40 and a blade skill around 20?Yeah, go find a trainer.Ahhhh, you I used to enjoy just standing there with my beloved Nordic Silver Claymore "Halren's Blade" which just did a little bit of shock, fire and frost, it was like chopping logs at high levels. Sometimes I would move around just to mix it up. Occasionally I would use a shield, just to level block a bit.Shields were another thing that sucked in Morrowind and spellcasting was just pointless unless you needed to heel an ally.

Agility of 63, Marksman and Shortblade both at 35. Level 2, so take from that what you will. I still don't remember it being this hard :P

Or this game just isn't what I remember it to be. :)
Well, either the game has aged badly or your have. :tongue:

You need to have a skill of at least 40 in your weapon skills to have a reasonable chance of success. You can get there by checking your race's preferred skills and setting them as your Major skills.Any lower than 40, your best bet is to pay for training. Marksman needs at least 50 to minimize your chances of missing.

Yeah, first couple levels really are that hardcore. One of the things I remember best about Morrowind, along with how much better the dungeons are than Oblivion.Oblivion had way better combat though.

So... went to put in your Raven Rock mod. I can't find my copy. It's not uploaded here either. Do you still have that?

Today's scripting session brought to me astounding success. All I had to do was write and compile one script, and everything I wanted to have happen from its execution simply fell into place when I started up the game.And in case you are wondering: using SKSE's SetGoldValue function to modify the base item value also changes the values for all the enchanted items using it as a template.Which means that enchanted item support for my little Economics mod just became that much more viable. banana.gif How I love it when Bethesda tools are actually nice to me for one day. innocent.gif

Excellent. I too had a similar happy revalation when putting together Ars Metallica. Enchanted stuff counts toward the formulas because of how the templates work.

So, come to find out as I was digging around finding my old Morrowind mods for Samson, I'm about a month (maybe less) from my 10 year anniversary of Elder Scrolls modding. Which is slightly fright inducing, but there we are.In honor of that, and since he asked, pretty much all of my Morrowind mods are up for download in the files section. They're pretty as-is, and may or may not work well or at all. Use at your own risk.Also, confidential to Our Fearless Leader, I think I found a bug in Sandbox. Moved AFK_VivecBridge over a category using Edit and not Move, and now the Morrowind/Landscaping category shows as having zero files for some reason.[Edit] Also, is it just me, or is the Recent Uploads page empty when you click the link via the sidebar or in the Files section?

Wicked. I'd forgotten about some of these other ones too. I wonder how your armor pricing compares to the Morrowind Patch Project?Also found out I apparently gave my merchants 1 million gold each. I don't remember doing that. No wonder PES declared it a cheat mod.I fail to be surprised that there are bugs in QSFP. I'm not sure the edit function was ever intended to be used to do that. Which is probably why hacky things like the "fix file stats" link exist.

Heh, sounds like IPB. They actually publish fixes for some of the stuff. And then it's like... if you know what the fucking fix is, why don't you just do it? :blink: Two releases in a row, I've had to apply a calendar fix so the mini calendar knows what day it is. *sigh*

I have precisely zero idea what that armor mod even does. I'm sure it's probably obsolete.Why the hell did I say Sandbox when I meant QSFP?