TES V: Skyrim

AndalayBay

Rumor has it that the second DLC for Skyrim (technically third, but discounting Hearthfire) will be taking place on Solstheim:Evidence here.There is also evidence pointing towards possible future dragon mounts.So, Solstheim again? I expect this time it will be very different, as it has become a refuge for the Dunmer after Morrowind was 'plosioned and invaded. The Dunmer that did not flee to Skyrim went to Solstheim.I'm also interested to see how the island fared with all that happened in Bloodmoon.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Thomas Kaira

• AndalayBay

• Ysne58

Evidence suggests your Reikling buddies will be back, so yes, you'll probably be gunning some down again. Remember the Game Jam video? Goblins are easily repurposed as Reiklings.The dragon mount thing will probably be cool once or twice, but after that, boring. I can't imagine there being much of a choice in that other than Odahviing.

Worst. Thing. Ever.Well, with a possible tie for a megadungeon full of hax Dark Brotherhood guys. Who attack you every night.People bitch about cliff racers, but they really had nothing on any of that.

Ionis is going to continue with his Solstheim mod though. Might even compete with the DLC if he decides to continue with the full mod.

Had some fun last night with Vampiric Grip. It's really quite entertaining to use it, pull some hapless attacker out of their partially hidden cover location, then fling them against a cliff behind you when you let go of the control before they stop in front of you. I cleared all of Valthiem Tower from the hillside across the river that way.Falmer Valley? Tossed a bunch of the annoying ones into the glacial crevice from the highest point. Insanely gratifying somehow. Maybe because I just HATE most of the Falmer in the game with a passion and this was the easiest way to deal with their ridiculously overpowered spellcasters.

Considering the next DLC takes place on Solstheim, you're at least partially correct. Though I don't think any of them were Dragon Priests.

It's a dragon priest, apparently. Some kind of really bad ass one even. Or so the speculation says. We'll know more on Monday.We might also have CK 1.8 on Monday as well, according to GStaff.

Heh. I now have two sets of ancient Falmer armor thanks to the mannequin script having duplicated it after I moved it into my new armory wing. I've never once seen this happen in vanilla either, despite claims that it's been an issue there forever.

HF, but it shipped with a new complied script for the mannequins so it's not using the vanilla one anymore.

CK 1.8.151.0 just dropped. SKSE users beware, the Game.psc and Actor.psc files have been updated.

• 1 month later...

"I don't care about your experiences with this problem I'm having, I turned off your mod when they stopped so I'm blaming you."

Discussions like these irritate me to no end.

I think I'm done with mechanics mods at this point. From here on out, I'm just going to stay within the expected usage of the engine, so towns, villages, and quests from now on.

So... anyone else interested in how all that we did in Oblivion seems to have done bugger-all as far as the post-Oblivion events are concerned? We have a manifestation of Clavicus Vile's realm appearing in Tamriel in The Infernal City and now in Skyrim we can visit the Soul Cairn and Apocrypha. All aspects of Oblivion.

So... what exactly did Martin give his life for anyways? Cause the highway between Nirn and Oblivion doesn't seem to been phased all that much. Maybe it lost a lane or two, but that's about it.

Edited by Thomas Kaira

I'm guessing that it's supposed to be that it stopped the large-scale invasion, and it seems to be a lot more difficult now. At least the Soul Cairn part is (haven't gotten the new DLC yet.) It's implied that it took over a century for the original portal to the Cairn to be created, and even then, you still get your soul eaten and your life nibbled on. Not quite sure about the portal from the Shivering Isles, but only mortals seem to be able to pass through it - and the really crazy folk manage to wander in even without a portal.

...on the other hand, the Infernal City is stupid and says: "Whee! Let's have a full-scale invasion from Oblivion a mere generation after the events of TES3, and not only do we ignore the events and concequences of the game, no one in the book seems to care that it's happening again!"

I've had it explained to me before that the difference is that Dagon's portals were forceful invasion. Sheogorath's portal to the Shivering Isles was by invitation - nobody had to go through, and supposedly nobody native to the SI side could come out to Tamriel.

I'd have to say the same is technically true of the portal to the Soul Cairn as well. It's initiated from our side, and you go through essentially of your own free will. Even if the consequences aren't particularly healthy once you make the crossing.

Since I've been trying to avoid Dragonborn spoilers, I don't know the circumstances behind the visit to Apocrypha. I'm just glad we're going to get to see another realm of Oblivion.

Sounds to me like Infernal City violates canon, but then it's not a game, so I for one wouldn't treat it any differently than an embellished in-game book.