Giskard and Repeating History

Morena

Oh boy, you realize I'm now obligated to read the entire thread because the thought of Curse Client users bagging on Nexus is a fascinating psychological trip :P

Wow. Yep, as delusional as ever. I'm amazed he sleeps at night. The post he thinks was a troll? Perfectly civil and reasonable. But that's Giskard, hope he never changes :P

Wow...just wow. But anyone who disagrees with him is a troll after all, right?Anyway...not having used Steam Workshop to download any mods so far, I'm wondering, is its system actually going to hold up in a year or two's time when people start having to manage long and complicated load orders?

Load ordering? Nope. SW isn't built for that. All mods uploaded there are a .esp and a .bsa file, and the Workshop itself has no load order awareness. The vanilla game launcher only has rudimentary manual load order adjustment for the active files. It has no awareness of how to place an inactive file. So people will still need to get Wrye Bash, but at least they'll have been eased into the reality of that by the time they even know to ask about it.People seem to love NMM, but it's a glorified OBMM and not worthy of being called anything more than an installation client.

I should have found the money to sue that delusional psychotic middle aged male version of a high school drama queen back in 2008 when he falsely accused Purple Gandalf and her team, including me of stealing his mods. Jackass pretended to give them away while pretending to go off the net permanently. What a damn liar. You want the real story read my blog post about it.

http://ysnesmusings.blogspot.com/2009/01/truth-about-giskard.html

OK, I am really, really mad. This actually caused me to go register on curse and link to that blog post.

Probably the first I can recall hearing about whatever the AK forums were, but not a single thing there surprises me given his history.Also if you're in the posting mood, send this one their way too: https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5424-giskard-and-false-accusations/ *ducks* Perhaps the moderators there will appreciate hearing the other side of things. They appear to be of a neutral mind in the matter.

Probably the first I can recall hearing about whatever the AK forums were' date=' but not a single thing there surprises me given his history.

Also if you're in the posting mood, send this one their way too: https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5424-giskard-and-false-accusations/ *ducks*

Perhaps the moderators there will appreciate hearing the other side of things. They appear to be of a neutral mind in the matter.[/quote']I read through that thread a long time ago. I would have posted but the comments were closed.

Yeah, they auto-closed once the anonymous timeout period expired.

There's also this: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/87335-a-note-about-giskard-and-his-mods/ which is more directly germane to the issue Giskard is raising over there. Completely understand if you don't want to post the links, cause I've got nothing against registering myself and tossing them in. I don't see why he should be allowed to continue getting away with this firebombing habit of his.

Yeah' date=' they auto-closed once the anonymous timeout period expired.

There's also this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/87335-a-note-about-giskard-and-his-mods/ which is more directly germane to the issue Giskard is raising over there. Completely understand if you don't want to post the links, cause I've got nothing against registering myself and tossing them in. I don't see why he should be allowed to continue getting away with this firebombing habit of his.[/quote']Feel free if you want to. I may just go see a lawyer next week and see if those comments start a new statute of limitations for defamation.

Almost felt dirty doing that, but he brought it on himself.

Almost felt dirty doing that' date=' but he brought it on himself.[/quote']He most certainly did.

*shakes head* This guy just doesn't quit. It makes me so angry.

It's interesting how this stuff comes about when you get lawyers involved. I know. I've done it. We had a horrible split from our former hosting site. It was the reason I created Dark Creations. Arthmoor knows the story - he was involved and gave us advice and counseling when we were freaking out at all the threats and accusations being thrown around. The parties in question actually sent messages to DarkOne (Nexus) and DarkRider (TES Alliance) claiming we stole their property, there was an FBI investigation going on and if they didn't want trouble, they should delete all our stuff and ban us from their sites. Fortunately both parties knew bullshit when they saw it and pretty much ignored the threats. They did however forward the messages to me.

We weren't sure if they were going to continue with their campaign, so I contacted my corporate lawyer. I have my own business and this lawyer actually specializes in internet law and intellectual property. He prepared a letter and sent it to the troublemakers. Basically it subtly threatened in that special way that only lawyers can do that if they didn't quit, they would force us to take further action. The point of his letter was that they were engaging in libel and if they persisted, we would sue them. Fortunately they realized that we were serious and they responded to the letter, stating their compliance.

That is probably the approach your lawyer will take if you talk to him, Ysne. It's easier to sue for libel, or defamation of character, than trying to fight copyright violations. In your case, the libel seems pretty obvious anyway, so copyright doesn't really enter into the picture. Also, with libel, the sky's the limit.

*shakes head* This guy just doesn't quit. It makes me so angry.

It's interesting how this stuff comes about when you get lawyers involved. I know. I've done it. We had a horrible split from our former hosting site. It was the reason I created Dark Creations. Arthmoor knows the story - he was involved and gave us advice and counselling when we were freaking out at all the threats and accusations being thrown around. The parties in question actually sent messages to DarkOne (Nexus) and DarkRider (TES Alliance) claiming we stole their property' date=' there was an FBI investigation going on and if they didn't want trouble, they should delete all our stuff and ban us from their sites. Fortunately both parties knew bullshit when they saw it and pretty much ignored the threats. They did however forward the messages to me.

We weren't sure if they were going to continue with their campaign, so I contacted my corporate lawyer. I have my own business and this lawyer actually specializes in internet law and intellectual property. He prepared a letter and sent it to the troublemakers. Basically it subtly threatened in that special way that only lawyers can do that if they didn't quit, they would force us to take further action. The point of his letter was that they were engaging in libel and if they persisted, we would sue them. Fortunately they realized that we were serious and they responded to the letter, stating their compliance.

That is probably the approach your lawyer will take if you talk to him, Ysne. It's easier to sue for libel, or defamation of character, than trying to fight copyright violations. In your case, the libel seems pretty obvious anyway, so copyright doesn't really enter into the picture. Also, with libel, the sky's the limit.[/quote']If I pursue this, and I really need to bring hubby up to date before doing anything, That would be my first step. The lawyer who represented me when we had to have my daughter sue me after we got broadsided by an old geezer who went through a red light and put her in the hospital for 34 days with a brain injury would be perfect for the job.And if he isn't available I'll have to see if the lawyer who represented my daughter, and did a wonderful job is still available.

The next question, how do I find out this guy's real name and address so the lawyer can send that letter. I will make any other posts about this in the random stuff thread though cause it's off topic here.