_far nif Musings

Hana

Yeah, apparently this has just gotten uglier. Omeletted mentioned that she saw another upload. I've asked her to pm you on DC Arthmoor.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Hana

• AndalayBay

• Ysne58

Already got it, thanks. I downloaded the "new" one. Probably best if the evidenciary details are left off the public radar for now. The file is already under review and I've got what I need to make my case.

And omeletted dug through it and found the same thing, so you're not alone. I don't get what that girl's issue is. I guess she wants the download count.

Handy utility: Beyond Compare 3. It can do CRC, Binrary, and "rules based" comparisons on whole folders. Ignore the suspicious look of the site, the program is good stuff. Heck, if I needed something like this on a more regular basis I'd pay for it.

Handy utility: Beyond Compare 3. It can do CRC' date=' Binrary, and "rules based" comparisons on whole folders. Ignore the suspicious look of the site, the program is good stuff. Heck, if I needed something like this on a more regular basis I'd pay for it.[/quote']Nice! Thanks for the link Arthmoor.

Clever girl....Though if she's going down that road it'll be a LONG time before something comes of it.

Well if she wants to optimize vanilla meshes, she can go ahead. Arthmoor's beef is that she can't take his meshes, optimize them and release them as her own work. She's not recognizing the work Arthmoor put in to optimize his meshes. If she's as good as she thinks she is, she should be able to take the vanilla meshes and work from there.

That's not a vanilla mesh though. There are no wayshrine objects with their columns arranged that way. Which is why it's going to take her a lot longer to go down that road.I also think it's amusing how she tried TWICE to bait me in the modders' secret forum.

I noticed that too (the stuff in the modders forum). You'll also notice she got ignored both times. Haven't looking recently to see if she's still being ignored.

Saw the posts. Wanted to retort, but stopped myself.She obviously is playing the drama queen; the best way to defuse those people is to just make it clear we don't give a shit about their whining. Which means ignoring them, of course. ;)

That's not a vanilla mesh though. There are no wayshrine objects with their columns arranged that way. Which is why it's going to take her a lot longer to go down that road.

I also think it's amusing how she tried TWICE to bait me in the modders' secret forum.

I managed to miss that conversation. I don't read all the posts in that forum though.

:headbang: The same 37 rock files from RAEVWD. Imported into Blender, click 0.95 reduce, export out. Yeah, and she wonders why there's an issue with this and why I keep pointing the staff to this stuff. Ugh. Especially since there's no way her claims are valid about FPS improvements with all the tangent space data present.

Comparison screen. Both taken from the same angle.Yeah, I can't tell the difference. Orientation of polys is pretty much identical. But I'm not an expert in mesh comparisons, so I don't think this counts for anything from me.Also, that "those are Bethesda's resources you're modding, so you can't claim ownership on them" is bullshit. What RAEVWD did to the models is no different than what I would do making a new village or quest mod in the CS. You don't own the actual resource, but you DO own the permission rights for your MODIFICATIONS to the resource, just like you own the permission rights to the ESP file modifying Oblivion's base game.The modifications you made to those rocks are yours, thus using those rocks without your consent, contrary to her opinion, is mod theft. And if she wants to pout in a corner over that, let her.Anyways, I'm through chiming in on this. I get the feeling this will soon be in the hands of the Nexus moderators.

They're already aware of it. Two of them now in fact. That she's doing this right under their noises doesn't seem at all wise. That she doesn't expect me to raise a protest is ludicrous.Yes, the comparison screen would be virtually identical. Also, anyone familiar with the game BSA would know that there are no _far.nif files originally provided for any of the rocks. So her assertion that the "original" 500 verts coming down to 350 is ludicrous at best since the full size ones are more than 3x that size.

Who are you talking about? I'm having trouble following this.The only recent mod up that seems to be whining about removed content and with comments disabled is the one by Colorwheel.

Quick version:Colourwheel began posting screenshots of FPS improvements made on RAEVWD meshes, asked Arthmoor if she could continue working on the project, and Arthmoor agreed so long as it was understood that if this were to be released, it would be as a CREDITED update to RAEVWD, since she was using Arthmoor's _Far.NIFs as the baseline.Unfortunately, the last part was not understood, she released the meshes as her own file against the original owner's (Arthmoor) wishes. She was promptly asked to take the file down, which she grudgingly did so.Since then, she's been whining in the Nexus mod author forums about how she apparently is not allowed to do as she wishes with those models because they are based on Bethesda's own meshes (disregarding that every ESP in existence is based on Oblivion.ESM, and thus her argument would not fly in actual debate).The uploaded file is her second attempt to put out these new "super-optimized" VWD meshes. But unless she can prove they are all her work alone (after examining the meshes, I'm doubtful this is true), they are going to be taken down again.

I dunno. At this point what she's doing and being allowed to get away with is starting to make me question remaining on Nexus at all. People have been saying that more and more thieves and rippers are invading the site, but this has made me realize that the claims are not hyperbole after all. To openly disregard, and insult even, the work of another and claim it as your own? With the moderators fully aware it's going on? They know, two of them are locked in a 4-way PM with me and her after she tried to twist THEIR words in PMs to me, where she appears to have forgotten they're there and seeing her insane justifications for all this.I can tell you right now that if they decide she's in the clear, I won't be uploading jack shit to the Skyrim side. Theft over there is rampant. Both from modders ripping each other off and from modders ripping shit from other games. It's madness.The irony here is that I'd expect regulation of this sort of thing to be much tighter via the Steam Workshop and thus it might end up becoming a far more useful service than any of us realizes. If only for the sole reason that it becomes far easier to protect one's work.

Why in hell does she have to start with your files anyway? What the hell is the big deal with starting with the original meshes and working from there? Or is she not as good as she claims and she can't do something similar to what you did?