Movie talk

Thomas Kaira

Well, I figure that since so much movie banter tends to go on between the blog and these forums, why not give it its own thread?To kick off the discussion, my currently most looked forward to movies are Captain America and the new Mission: Impossible.Captain America because Marvel has garnered themselves an excellent reputation on the silver screen between the Spider-man trilogy and now the Avengers series (two of Iron Man, one of Thor, one coming of Captain America, all that leaves at this point is The Hulk).Mission: Impossible because, although I think the lead has completely lost his marbles with his devotion to Xenu, the fact remains that JJ Abrams impressed the hell out of me with Star Trek 2009, and with him at the helm, I am really looking forward to his take on the classic spy series.

all that leaves at this point is The Hulk
...Perhaps you missed the one with Edward Norton? Or perhaps the one from before that?I've never even read a comic book and I knew about both of those. The Edward Norton one was a much better movie, imo. Though I have no idea about the Hulks history so I haven't got a clue as to whether it's actually "right" or not. I didn't actually like the Spider-man trilogy, I forgot to see Thor in theatres and I think it's out of all the ones around here now. But I've seen both Iron Man films, and I liked the cast of the first one better, but the story of the second was much more interesting.

I liked the 2003 version of Hulk better, it wasn't quite as over the top as the 2008 version. Neither one was all that close to the TV series, and I couldn't tell you at all if ANY of them were at all close to the comics.Hulk may be a Marvel character, but I certainly don't recall them making any of the overt ties to the Avengers setup as the more recent movies have been doing. The Spiderman movies certainly didn't.

Yup, both of the Hulk movies was before Marvel decided to link together all of their movies with the Avenger Initiative hook.That makes me wonder what they might be planning for the Hulk... and if Sony's planned Spiderman "reboot" may tie into the Avengers, as well.As for my opinions on the Sam Raimi Spiderman trilogy, 1 was good, 2 was great, 3 was OK.'nuff said.