Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Prepare to be awed and amazed. I think it only works in FF and Chrome though.Go to google home page, type in 'let it snow', sit back and watch.There's also 'do a barrel roll', and 'tilt'.(without the quotes)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

So... Bethesda updated the forum skin again. Must be a software update that forced it.

Yeah, they've finally upgraded to 3.2 and there were massive changes made to the board structure with 3.2, so none of the previous skins are compatible. They've bought Warrior and Elegant from Skinbox. They'll probably do the their own skin again eventually.The smaller font is the default. Beth will have to customize the skin to fix it. That's what we did. We use Blood and the font is tiny. Xae customized it and created Blood-DC - that's a little easier to read. You'll also find all the font sizes have changed. So size=3 won't be the same as it was before...Lot's of fun. :tongue:

OK, I grabbed a copy from Nexus. Will endorse in a few hours or so.

Hey all you MOM users!

We put her up on Nexus a few days ago' date=' show some love and endorse her please. :)[/quote']

Preparing for the new GPU, which should arrive some time today.Hopefully, it will be painless. I've done my homework: required drivers are downloading now (never use the box drivers for GPUs if I can help it, don't know how recent they are); I have space set up for the card to be slipped into my case (double-slot this time, and I took this into account when I first assembled this rig, and ATX Form Factor); I have sufficient power (700W PSU with two six-pin connectors available for the GPU). I should be set.

Preparing for the new GPU' date=' which should arrive some time today.

Hopefully, it will be painless. I've done my homework: required drivers are downloading now (never use the box drivers for GPUs if I can help it, don't know how recent they are); I have space set up for the card to be slipped into my case (double-slot this time, and I took this into account when I first assembled this rig, and ATX Form Factor); I have sufficient power (700W PSU with two six-pin connectors available for the GPU). I should be set.[/quote']Yep, you should be set.

I'm fond of goats, personally. The bloodier you get, the better things go for you.Biggest thing I noticed about getting a bigger video card was making sure I had good air flow.

I finally finished the main quest in Dragon Age Origins (yeah, I know, two years after everyone else).I have to say, compared to some of the intermediate Boss Fights that Archdemon went down easy.Also, running past all those cheering soldiers into the city? Awsome "movie" moment.

I'm fond of goats' date=' personally. The bloodier you get, the better things go for you.

Biggest thing I noticed about getting a bigger video card was making sure I had good air flow.[/quote']The expansion card immediately beneath my GPU is my wireless card. It's tiny, and won't obstruct the fan any.Again, I planned for this upgrade in advance before I even built this machine. I shouldn't need to move any parts around to get the card to fit.

I'd try to speak up a bit more here' date=' but I haven't bothered buying skyrim yet and that seems to be almost all that's spoken of lately.[/quote']Let us not forget the denouncing of rabbit slayers as monstrous criminals. It's an important topic.School' date=' innit fun? Ergh.[/quote']Um, yes, rabbit and goat slayers are monstrous criminals...No, and some classes are definitely much worse than others. (Incidentally, I got an A on that report that you helped me with.) For example, right now I'm in a "mini-mester" public speaking course. I had never thought about speech writing in the past, and thanks to this course will likely never do so again once I finish this class in 2 more weeks. :lol:
Yay school. My gripe; I have to read a whole bunch lengthy novels for my ext histroy project over the summer holidays. Well' date=' maybe its my fault for choosing to do that, but anyway.[/quote']I can't help you too much there, I was taught in boot camp that NAVY is an acronym for Never Again Volunteer Yourself. ;)At least it's just reading though, I do that for leisure between class assignments. whistle.gif
Sacrificed the requisite chicken ? I know it isn't strictly required' date=' but I've worked on enough hardware to know it certainly helps...[/quote']
I'm fond of goats' date=' personally. The bloodier you get, the better things go for you.[/quote']We're pretty fond of goats and chickens here at my farm too, and we've spent our free time today and yesterday walking the property trying to find my poor lost goat who missed her brunch both days when all the cows and both donkeys came to eat. Now I know what happened to her. :facepalm: :sad:Dragona's gonna kill you if she finds out and can catch you, that goat was supposed to be her personal pet. :mad:Lemsta, you stay away from my chickens too! :blink:

Good, because they shall continue to burn so long as I draw breath. :evil:Speaking of burning rabbits... my Oblivion Mage character received a very unwelcome visit from Lucien LaChance today. He had heard of the Dark Brotherhood, and was aware of the best means of communicating with them being through death, much as he despises it. Death is the only language they understand.LaChance now smolders. Velmenian's message to the Brotherhood: stay the hell away from me.I'm glad Oblivion offers you a way out of the Dark Brotherhood if you don't want to join them.

Pay attention here folks' date=' notice he didn't say to stay away from the rabbits :P[/quote']Well, you have to understand, while I think bunnies are cute and all, I'm a farmer and the only rabbits we've got here are really crop stealing wild creatures, so I have limited support to offer to them to begin with. If they're goat killers (killing my livestock/family pets?!? :stare:) as well as crop thieves angry.png, well then y'all just feel free to consider rabbit season hereby declared open! :evil:

On a completely random note, yay for girlfriends winning competitions. Free Logitech gear:G35 headphonesUE600 earphonesHarmony One Universal RemoteThe G35's (after an hour or so of usage) seem good, at least in Skyrim compared to my old Zalman 6 channel headphones. I'll have to try them in an FPS sometime soon to see how they go.

Rabbit, goat, elk, deer, innocent traveler? Doesn't matter to my character; everyone he sees in the wild is an opportunity to gain a bit of destruction experience.And Civ IV multiplayer; a blast. And its useful to have some guaranteed buddies when China, India, Greece, Russia, France, Italy and Spain are all out to get you scrawny Arab ass. But the fact I was sitting on all the oil eventually meant that I got tanks and they didn't. Oh well.

My new card is in!nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti.This completes a long computer overhaul, as my last major component has now gone up to modern hardware.Before I was on an aging 8800 GT. Now, I'm back with the times.But before I do anything other than benchmark (and I did get a nice performance boost in Skyrim), I have Christmas dinner to worry about.EDIT: Bad news: My computer started black-screening today while playing games.Good news: I think I found the problem. Dirty driver installation. After performing a purge of my old drivers, my system is healthy again.

My Christmas lamentation; lego has gotten so much more cooler since I stopped using however many years ago. Why did I have to miss out on all that cool stuff?