Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Broken Steel was kind of a mixed bag on the whole "make it better" thing. I mean, yeah, I liked it, but Jesus Christ, that whole airbase slog was obnoxious.Also yeah, FNV quests with FO3 environments would win. I love many things about New Vegas, but Bethesda is clearly better than Obsidian at environment design, and it really shows.Re: The prettyfly directorial debut:- Nice recoilless M249. Also really good job on the video, but I was caught up on the M249 thing.- Wait, there's AIC I haven't ever heard? How did that happen?- What did you use to actually record it?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Re: The prettyfly directorial debut:- Nice recoilless M249. Also really good job on the video' date=' but I was caught up on the M249 thing.- Wait, there's AIC I haven't ever heard? How did that happen?- What did you use to actually record it? [/quote']-I love that M249. Its so bloody loud I had to specifically turn the volume down for those clips though.-Um...its from this. New album, new singer (a black guy), though Cantrell does most of the vocals anyway. Maybe you missed it. A good album though.-Fraps. I compressed it Virtuadub and jammed it together with Windows Movie Maker. I'm still not sure what gave it that black frame though. :shrug:

Ah. Was hoping you had some alternative to FRAPS. I've got stuff I'd like to record, but I'm not really interested in throwing down $37 for a license.

Arthmoor changed his avatar on our new site and gave me a massive coronary...Just a warning: looks like he likes the new Argonians :grinning:

Arthmoor changed his avatar on our new site and gave me a massive coronary...

Just a warning: looks like he likes the new Argonians :grinning:

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Anyone who thinks these Argonians aren't 120% awesome should be shot dead right now. Sithis demands it.

I think Argonians are only 110% awesome. Ha!Otherwise, um...30 second fraps recording limits. If you're desperate you could in theory use the console to pause in between each video and then cut and paste to get an almost consistent feel, but I don't think it would really be worth the bother.

Anyone who thinks these Argonians aren't 120% awesome should be shot dead right now. Sithis demands it.
Sithis prefers blades. And he hates rugs.

So am I the only one who sees Samson's avatar and keeps waiting for it to start shouting some alien gibberish before shooting me in the stomach with a laser pistol?

Well, two major bugs squished in Fallout 3 so far.The first was the quad core freeze. Game froze up about half an hour into playing without it, resulting in a Kill-via-Task Manager. Since then I've applied the quad-core fix to the INI and I have not been able to recreate the freeze since.The second was the stuttering radio music bug, which is thanks to Microsoft removing all avenues of communication between DirectSound and the audio drivers in Windows Vista and up. This was fixed by adding ALchemy support to the game and performing a variable tweak in the game's ALchemy profile.

Odd. I've never had to apply the quad-core fix. I've had FO3 sessions lasting up to about 6 hours or so before the thing bogs itself down in memory related lag. Probably due to a memory leak.I don't use the radio much in the game but I would be curious to know the details of the ALchemy fix since I have to use that just to hear ANYTHING in Oblivion.

Maybe it has something to do with Intel CPUs, then? Dunno. :shrug:The radio bug is that the music in the radio has frequent "stutters" in the audio for Vista/Win7 users, for some it occurs even with ALchemy enabled (like me). The reason is due to the aforementioned removal of hardware-accelerated DirectSound and DirectSound3D audio rendering, and furthermore by ALchemy not buffering the audio fast enough for the radio to work properly. The fix that worked for me was to open up the game's ALchemy profile and change the Duration variable from 25 (the default) to 10, which tells ALchemy to buffer in the audio quicker. I then opened the game and the radio stutter was gone.

Hmmm. No ALchemy profile for Fallout 3 in here. It's installed properly. Did you have to add one manually?

Yeah, I had to do that.This is the registry path you should put into ALchemy to ensure the files get copied to the right place:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREBethesda SoftworksFallout3Installed Path

With the quad core freeze, did the game freeze up completely or did it lag just very very badly? I get this wierd, unexplained lag (the 1 frame per second sort of lag) from time to time, which I can stop by looking in a different direction or bringing up the pip boy. I always assumed it's due to a large save game file size, but maybe it could be to do with the quad core freeze.

No matter what you do' date=' the toggle pathgrid button in the CS just isn't ever going to toggle bright lights. Which I realize is contrary to how it ought to work, but nevertheless.[/quote']Similarly, no matter what you do, the toggle bright lights button does not toggle pathgrids. You can hit the button as many times as you want, watch the lights flash all you want, and still no pathgrids for you.

I find the basic concept of the Fallout games much more compelling than the Elder Scrolls; the way it cuts down the core of human being a studies the invisible line between good and evil really gets my attention.But the Elder Scrolls games generally have the mods and the greater amount of content so :shrug: