Nexus Hacked

Arthmoor

Heads up in case you haven't seen it Nexus had its database raided by hackers/skiddies who most likely have dumped the contents of the DB to their hard drives. Probably a good idea to change passwords there just in case. I think IP.Board/Invisionboard still stores passwords as MD5 hashes which are fairly easy to crack with today's skiddie tools.

Lovely, so now i need to go dig up my logon credentials to Nexus yet again, but this time just so I can change them? :headbang:

• 5 weeks later...

Is anyone else getting pop-up adds on Tesnexus at the moment?Or is it just the because the internet security on the computers that I'm using at the moment isn't up to date?

Not me, but then I almost never bother to go there unless I'm following a link from here or from Dwip's or Samson's blogs. :shrug:

Or it's called Firefox :PBetween that and adblock plus, it takes some serious doing on the part of advertisers to get me to see an ad.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, has anyone noticed that the servers at nexus suddenly got a lot faster (well, two weeks ago anyway). Have they uncapped the free servers or something like that?

Odd thing to ask in a thread about them being hacked, but yes, awhile back they supposedly raised the download cap on the free servers to something like 300K/s instead of 150K/s. It's been a lot longer than 2 weeks though.

Odd thing to ask in a thread about them being hacked....
Hmmm... maybe it was a friendly hacker for a change and he hacked TESN to make downloads go faster? Maybe he's a fed-up TESN user who's had enough of the downloads being so slow? :biggrin:

I'm getting up to 450kb per second. :shrug:I probably didn't notice it until recently as I haven't been doing too much downloading.

PrettyflyWao that's fast. I never get that although my ADSL line could do it. Which server location do you usually take? I take the one in the U.K. (Maidenhead IIRC).

I'd love to be able to see 450K/s. My DSL peaks out at around 325K/s if I'm lucky.

Normally Seattle or Dallas. The U.K. server won't send anything to me for some reason.Actually, while I was downloading the most recent version of All Natural this morning (which took a whole six minutes) I noticed that it said the free servers were capped at 500kb, not 300kb (maybe they recently increased it even further, though I was getting the same speeds in Sydney while I was downloading Fallout mods).Otherwise, I'm confused as to why I should be getting the fastest download speed. Australia's internet network is sub-par, and I would've though that the added distance probably wouldn't help either.

Got me, I usually use Seattle or Dallas depending on load. Using the UK server just wouldn't make sense for me.

The UK server is just the closest to me, and I still somehow naively believe that the nearer the server the quicker I get served. Of course it is not depending on distance. I think the UK one gets me around 150K/s, and sometimes less (like on weekends). I've never really tried any of the overseas ones... must do that just out of curiosity once.

For what it's worth, Tommy, the distance of the server does make a difference, it's just not a hugely significant one. :shrug: