Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

Well I got my guildmaster armor and properly received the title. She's still chillin in the cistern though. Actually she more or less did that the whole time other than when we went to Nightingale Hall. She's never tried to run off back to Snow Veil Sanctum after we met. She showed up at Nocturnal's pools and everything just fine.I know there's a lot of complex crap going on, but I got through the Thieves, Mages, and the DB with no quests glitched out. There's plenty of other quests that are though but they're all non-faction stuff. I still haven't even done the Companions Guild. I figure on making that the primary for a fighter character.Magic is massively overpowered in this game btw. I think they paid far too much attention to all the people who whined that Oblivion magic wasn't powerful enough. They swung too far the other direction. My conjuration/destruction guy is mopping the floor with everything he sees and has only died 3 times so far. All 3 times were due to stupid mistakes like fireballing at close range. My stealth archer lizard didn't come anywhere close and was regularly cut to pieces by all manner of foes. Especially mages.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Well, it technically isn't a glitched quest anymore, it's just an issue with an NPC who, in reality, is no longer essential to anything. At this point, other than Karliah thinking Snow Veil Sanctum is the new Nightingale Hall, all is well in the Thieves Guild (I know for sure, since I got the One With the Shadows achievement once I finished the leadership quest). The only major problem I have is that although she told you a portal to the Sepulcher would open in Nightingale Hall, it never does.But... I have the power I want (Agent of Stealth), and that isn't going to change soon, I also have my armor and weapons (Nightingale Blade is the only sword I permit myself to use, otherwise its just daggers), I have my status as Guildmaster, and I only need to pick up one more item for Delvin's Larceny objectives. After that, I'm pretty much done with the Thieves Guild outside of the occasional odd job.But I have to say, I am highly intrigued by the new lore with the Nightingales. Might be worth expanding on in the future.

The quest to help stop Dawnstar's nightmare's has some really innovative stuff in it. It was even fairly well written too. Unlike the 'aftermath' quest for the College of Winterhold, which is utterly lame and throwaway, kinda like their whole quest line, actually. And as Arthmoor mentioned, I concur of magic being too powerful. I can fireball pretty much anything to death at something like 57 destruction (i.e. not enough to get the +50% damage perks). Cave bear? Not a problem. Wooshka, fireball. Spriggan matron and two cave bears. Actually, that kinda exhausted my magika, but working together me and Lydia are a lethal melee team anyway so nature was out of luck. My calendar's blown now too.Also, someone needs to slap me whenever I go near Civ 4 because I've been playing hardly any Skyrim since I got that game a couple of days ago.

Yeah, the nightmares quest was cool.Civ 4, you say? Hope you got the xpacks. And if I told you to stop, I'd be the hugest hypocrite in the world. I have 405 hours in Civ 5 right now, and I don't know what, 5x that in Civ 4? More? Whatever it is, it's a lot.

Some one has already put out an alternate start mod. Since there is no CK out, I don't trust it. I really liked Arthmoor's mod for Oblivion that does this, so I'll wait for that.

Like I said, too many impatient boobs out there. I won't touch a single one of these premature ESP files, even if the person does know what they're doing. This is getting way out of hand. Although I can sympathize to some extent since I'd like to get my hands on the CK at this point too.

Like I said' date=' too many impatient boobs out there. I won't touch a single one of these premature ESP files, even if the person does know what they're doing. This is getting way out of hand. Although I can sympathize to some extent since I'd like to get my hands on the CK at this point too.[/quote']There are a couple that I just haven't been able to resist. Midas is one of those. And Elys Uncapper, which doesn't use an esp file. I'll be tweaking smithing to give way less experience on my next play through. Having smithing at over 100 when my next highest skill is 50 is ..... absurd to say the least.

I just figured out where the problem is with dragons failing to give souls on death....The problem is with the dragons that are given fixed locations in the world, like those guarding various Word Walls (dragon head map marker). They only give you a soul on the first spawn. When these dragons are respawned, they no longer contain souls.This is the second time I've run into a dragon that failed to give up its soul when I killed it, and there is one common denominator between this one and the other: they were respawns of non-random dragons.The latest just occurred ten minutes ago, so the 1.2 and 1.3 patches did NOT fix the "rare" instance of dragons not giving souls. And given that I am now certain this bug is reproduce-able, it is anything but rare.And let me just say, Bethesda is being extremely unprofessional about patching this game. We have fixes that don't work, fixes that break something somewhere else, and an entire patch devoted to fixing a bad patch. My faith in Bethesda even having a QA department wanes every day. Lets hope that the PS3 debacle is enough to get them to restructure things and make QA a higher priority in the future. They've been getting a helluva lot of bad press about the PS3 lag issues, and I would find some grim satisfaction if that ended up costing Skyrim some Game of the Year accolades.Now... I must fry some bunnies before I have an aneurism.

Well then call that a reason to stick steadfastly to 1.1 because I've been back to a few of those spots and always ALWAYS get a soul for my dragon kills, even though I don't actually need them. What I need are word walls with words I don't have yet. Not that my Argonian hasn't got most of the shouts already.I'm going to go with souls being botched during one of the patch updates.

And already I've had some misinformed fools in BGS pull the "not a bug, it's a feature" card. Perhaps if Bethesda wished to curb Dragon Soul consumption they could make the respawning dragons... oh, I dunno... NOT RESPAWN?????? Instead of having them drop dead and completely shatter immersion by not coughing up for the Dragonborn, who rightfully killed them.Especially if the failed soul was from an Elder or Ancient dragon. NOW let's talk bugs and features. Idiots. :facepalm::sick: :headbang:

Well I don't think the random ones should be respawning after the MQ either, nor do I think you should be sent by the Blades or anyone else to hunt random dragons once that's done. Named ones, yes, because they could still be legitimately hanging around, but otherwise no. Too much in game dialogue acts like they're gone, but then BAM, not so much.

And already I've had some misinformed fools in BGS pull the "not a bug' date=' it's a feature" card.

Perhaps if Bethesda wished to curb Dragon Soul consumption they could make the respawning dragons... oh, I dunno... NOT RESPAWN?????? Instead of having them drop dead and completely shatter immersion by not coughing up for the Dragonborn, who rightfully killed them.

Especially if the failed soul was from an Elder or Ancient dragon. NOW let's talk bugs and features. Idiots. :facepalm::sick: :headbang:[/quote']This has been reported as a bug. It would help if you would add your info to that bug TKhttps://unofficialskyrimpatch.16bugs.com/projects/7078/bugs/211392

I set the smithing leveling rate from 1 to .5 using Elys Uncapper plugin. I tested with new character by doing the smithing tutorial. Instead of going up 2 levels of smithing for doing that, I did not even go up 1. I will test further to see how long it takes me to gain a level. I had it over 100 with my last playthrough using her plugin.

There are only so many words to learn. What are you going to spend all your souls on?The lore is that a dragonborn can absorb the soul of a slain dragon, nowhere does it say he has to or that he always does.If you look for disappointment, you will find it.

Another bug in the Thieves Guild quests: Delvin's Larceny items doesn't update properly when you obtain the last item, so you can't sell it to him.Once the bugged update hits, it is impossible to fix the quest with the console. You need to perform the stage update manually and add the item to your inventory via the console to get around the bug.Details are on the tracker.

That was...uncommonly kind for Yahtzee.Why one should listen too hard to a guy who only ever liked Portal is another thing entirely, of course.

There ARE, what, two in that picture? One of whom looks like a bartender, the other of whom seems to be with a guy......yeah, you're probably right. :P

Well, Barbas found me. And y'know, a talking dog with a funny voice is generally interesting enough as it is, but coincidentally it happened right during the middle of a fight alongside the entire defence force of Falkreath while under attack from a blood dragon. Dude, this isn't the time. :tongue:

He's a Daedra. He doesn't care about your petty mortal concerns. War? Dragons? He laughs at your silly annoyances.

I have just decided the Blades can go to hell (or Oblivion, take your pick).If it weren't for my zero-murder creed for this character, they would have their throats slit right now.

I have just decided the Blades can go to hell (or Oblivion' date=' take your pick).

If it weren't for my zero-murder creed for this character, they would have their throats slit right now.[/quote']They're both essential, unfortunately. I did take great pleasure in fus-roh-da'ing Esbern off the mountain behind the blades temple, however. That old man can really bounce.