• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Open Cities Reborn is now the front line of defence against a bunch of dickheads on the official forums who are bagging out mods without much of an understanding of them.

I don't know how you feel about that Arthmoor' date=' but I'd be proud if it was my mod.[/quote']Thank goodness the thread got locked. I could say lots more, but the language I'd be using would be inappropriate.

I'm surprised it made it to 9 pages. Honestly, the whole thing was basically butthurt console players griping about PC gamers getting to have mods.

So. Never doubt the power of piracy. Pirate copies of Skyrim have begun surfacing already. So, Bethesda, how's that DRM working out for you now? This has to be some kind of record.

So. Never doubt the power of piracy. Pirate copies of Skyrim have begun surfacing already. So' date=' Bethesda, how's that DRM working out for you now? This has to be some kind of record.[/quote']I'm pretty sure that is a record. That kind of theft is usually an inside job either from the manufacturer or one or more of the distributor(s).

Meh. A week in advance? Not unprecedented. Pretty sure it's happened for any given Call of Duty game, and several others I'm too lazy to look up. Be kind of surprised if it hadn't happened, really.

Shows you how out of touch with the piracy scene I am then. Although the nimnulls over on the BGS Steam thread are calling me a liar claiming any pirated copies are fakes. Uh huh. It didn't look fake to me.

And it's gone gold. Massively late IMO as far as these things go, but always a welcome sign. Hope everyone's beasts are ready to rock :)

And it's gone gold. Massively late IMO as far as these things go' date=' but always a welcome sign. Hope everyone's beasts are ready to rock :)[/quote']Pirated before gold? Surely that's unusual?

Pirated before the gold announcement was official, yes. Also, I've seen it now and can confirm it's definitely a PC copy of the game and Pete wasn't lying when he said the graphics would melt your face off. Intro spoilers and all.

Any hints where to find it? I'm perfectly happy to spoil the intro for myself to see what the game looks like on PC.

It hasn't shown up yet on Demonoid or Pirate Bay. All I know is you need Tor to access the site. But holy crap, those graphics were the most awesome thing I've seen since Witcher 2.

I see they have gotten the rain fixed up. I saw the intro video as well (albeit on 360). And the graphics might look terrible on it, but overall I was still pretty impressed, and if anything else I'm left quite firmly believing that we'll get to choose a side in the civil war.

On the modder thread (which is now locked):1. Although I think it might be a good idea to at least "try" the game before changing it, so far I have never gotten all the way through a beth game without modding "something".2. The bit about midas/AN/UL improving there respective elements of the game is FACT, not opinion. Even if you do not "like" the changes they make (which would be opinion), they each add between 500m to 2g of new content to the game-that many people wouldn't be giving Samson and Vorians that much HD space if it *wasn't* enhancing their games.3. Kind of related to the map-markers thing-I've always disliked how you *always* start out not knowing *fuck all* about the geography of the land your in. Guess what? I downloaded a mod that changes that :thumbsup: I suspect I'll be doing the same in Skyrim-but probably much later than everyone else.4. Bethesda could just as easily have prohibited changes to their content in the eula; like many companies, in fact, do. The fact that beth does the opposite of this-is proof in and of itself that beth values modders.

Well there was some measure of hope on my part that things might turn out different. Alas.

That is why they have a pre-release: so they can have a patch on release day! Yay! and since it's steam, you won't get to play until the patch is applied. Double-yay!

If its of any interest, I just say a video of Skyrim on PS3 (it was only short though). It wasn't high enough quality to tell for absolute certainty, but it looked better than the 360 version to me. Of course, I don't care because I'm using PC. :cool:

"Launch sequence has begun."Nope. Not a nuclear strike. Apparently Steam preloads are now underway.And here you go - new engine my foot:

Skyrim - Meshes.bsaSkyrim - Misc.bsaSkyrim - Shaders.bsaSkyrim - Voices.bsaSkyrim - VoicesExtra.bsaSkyrim.esm
Seems legit: http://i44.tinypic.com/15ga04j.png meaning the first guy didn't have it all yet. That "Update.esm" file is interesting looking.