• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Funny, I swore there was only one main story line in Oblivion. It would be fantastic to know how to unlock the other two :P

Funny' date=' I swore there was only one main story line in Oblivion. It would be fantastic to know how to unlock the other two :P[/quote']Yes lol.*Ahem*So, Redguards actually are "Creole", not "African". Kinda makes a joke about all the "darker Redguard" mods, doesn't it.Apparently Hammerfell is the West Indies.

Hammerfell always struck me as more of an Arabian setting given some of the concept artwork that's been shown before.

Hammerfell always struck me as more of an Arabian setting given some of the concept artwork that's been shown before.
I always thought it was more of a West Indies place, Redguards aren't very dark really, but they look most like Jamaicans or GuanansAbout as dark as Hugh Quashie (Captain Panaka) and he's actually part Dutch.

Too many people in the forum seriously suggesting the beasts have no tails because no screenshots have them.

Of course Argonians and Khajiit have tailes, otherwise they wouldn't "be" Argonoins and Khajiit!@ Samson- Would you like to see my impression of a Khajiit? Here, let my borrow your tongue!

I kind of prefer the old Morrowind blue-green ones, to be honest - these new ones are slightly bland. They also look like they're going to stab me in the face, but.

Keep in mind, the pics coming out now are basically from people who have played the demo at QuakeCon, so their version of chargen. We have no idea at this point how wide a variety of colours/tones/hair etc will be.(Now every time I come here I wonder where Arthmoor is... just not getting used to the new av :P )

I think the variety is going to be quite wide based on some of the descriptions. Especially where they mentioned orcs with wild yellow face paint. We've already seen a huge spread just in the two Bosmer shots. The Khajiit shots are as diverse as you can get. So I don't doubt that the Argonians will have quite a bit more going for them.

I kind of prefer the old Morrowind blue-green ones' date=' to be honest - these new ones are slightly bland. They also look like they're going to stab me in the face, but.[/quote']not to mention they were more like lizards, I noticed the chick Arthmoor used as his Avatar still aparently has boobs, unless she just likes to have a molded breastplate.

That second Redguard looks awfully similar to Sten from Dragon Age, at least in skin tone. Most interesting. I guess Bethesda plans to let skin tones vary widely for all races, although the two Argonians don't demonstrate this well.On the issue of Argonian boobs, you're aware that Morrowind is the odd man out here? They've had boobs since Arena. Lore strongly suggests they're not actually reptiles even.

I'm happy with the looks on the character models. Gritty, strongly themed. They look a lot more realistic than character models from Oblivion but at the same time seem to be much more at place in the TES universe.

I still think the Bosmer are way too muscular.Whatever happened to my petite, backstabbing forest dweller?

All the characters I've seen so far have major testosterone issues :grinning: One hopes that it's just the guys that created these characters for the purposes of showing them off to the public.

I still think the Bosmer are way too muscular.

Whatever happened to my petite' date=' backstabbing forest dweller?[/quote']they said muscles are on a sliding scale, but I was fed up with the short emaciated Woodelves anyway."Our women are tall and willowy, we are short and annoying"Yeah...I'm surprised they breed at all.

Their women aren't all THAT tall.And yeah, those characters look badass, but if the beggars look like they fight bears in their spare time, I may have some issues.

"Our women are tall and willowy, we are short and annoying"I'm surprised they breed at all.
Hey! Height isn't everything you know. It's the goods that count *evil grin*

Ooh, reading a fight on the 'Unofficial "Will my PC run Skyrim" thread #11' about a) whether or not Skyrim will make use of quad cores B) whether or not Fallout 3/NV made use of quad cores.Logically, I can only conclude the guy arguing 'no' on both of those points simple never played Fallout 3/NV on a quad core PC.

For some reason, I don't mind Oblivions' rendering of faces/bodies...granted, it could be better (and is if you use certain mods). Why does everything have to be doom and gloom? I will reserve judgement on Skyrim's until I've at least seen it (I mean being played on a computer I can touch, preferably mine). For all we know, in those pics/clips we're looking at level 20 chars...so our level 1 char may indeed look like "Joe Blow".

Ooh' date=' reading a fight on the 'Unofficial "Will my PC run Skyrim" thread #11' about

a) whether or not Skyrim will make use of quad cores

B) whether or not Fallout 3/NV made use of quad cores.

Logically, I can only conclude the guy arguing 'no' on both of those points simple never played Fallout 3/NV on a quad core PC.[/quote']Well, it's no secret that Fallout 3 has issues with certain quad-core setups. However, it did have some fairly decent multi-core support, especially compared to the dreck that was Oblivion's single core only restriction.