Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

Yes, the houses have non-respawning containers. What was being talked about is the inablility to tell, by looking at them, which containers respawn-and which don't. A lot of modders now put the word "respawns" as part of the name of the container, so you'll knowAs far as the -extras- that come with the CE and EBGames edition: I guess it depends on how much you value that stuff. To me, it's just not worth it. It's stuff to clutter up the house. I'd much rather get a free DLC (preferably of my choice), but then I'll likely get the steam version, and more than likely they'll be some sort of special.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

*grumble* Really don't need another figurine, no matter how badass it is, cluttering up the top of my bookcase. That's where I keep the 'mechs. Not sure how much I need another making of DVD, since I only watched the Oblivion one a few times. Don't even know if I want the cloth map.But for some reason, I really want that art book.The respawn thing seems to me to be fixing problems that aren't problems, but that may just be me.

Some people consider the respawning food cabinets and wine cabinets in the houses to be "cheats"; I don't-I just tell myself the servants re-stocked the magical fridge. No problem. It still would be nice to know that it "is" a magickal fridge...you know so you don't put the uber-cheaty-super-expensive sword in there.

That wood-elf looks like a throwback to Morrowind. At least his head anyway. They also seem to be going for a more Middle-Eastern look for Redguards now. Unless that one just has light skin.

1. How khajiit look badass for you?2. In fact, the only one of those I'm not impressed by is the orc, who mainly just doesn't look anything like prior orcs.3. Hey, circlets. Cool.

The first orc shot we saw was way better. I suspect whoever created this second one is just a moron :P

I'm hearing a lot of "looks like Morrowind" now. Um, isn't that a step backwards instead of forwards?Do love some of the details in the pics... like that cool lowerclass bed (I hope that's lowerclass) and the fur wall hangings. :lol:Loving the wood textures too.

I think the point is that the feel of things is closer to Morrowind's dark edgy badassness than Oblivion's bright shiny happy people.

The point I was trying to make though is that the Skyrim wood-elf looks like Morrowind's QUALITY level, which is to say the head looks entirely out of place compared to the rest of the body. The other stuff hasn't come across that way to me. I like the fact that they're making everyone look more baddass and dark and edgy and all that. It really does highlight just how plastic Oblivion NPCs look now that there's something to compare to.

Not the point I thought you were making.I think the wood elf looks a bit strange mostly because of the perspective. His shoulder is Very Large.

Not just his shoulder, HE is massive. Wood elves are dainty forest creatures. I'm assuming on the face is war paint. A nice option but I wouldn't want it permanently. He does rock the mohawk tho.

Well, unfortunately, it looks like Hand-to-Hand combat has now been relegated to the extras pool. No skill, and now Pete has confirmed that no perks will be given for it, either.Oh well. :shrug:

Yes, Cat-Fu is most displeased he will not be able to use martial arts in Skyrim.

Who knows, maybe that stuff can be modded in with the creation kit. Hopefully, anyway, considering Todd seems interested in supporting modders as much as possible.

Now, about the customary Sweetroll gag. Skyrim obviously must have one, as all previous Beth games starting from Morrowind have had it, best keep to tradition.Morrowind: Class creation question, you are walking down an alley with a freshly bought sweetroll when a gang of thugs accosts you and tries to take it from you. What do you do?Oblivion: Two lines of dialogue referring to that question (one was cut).Fallout 3: You actually do get bullied over a sweetroll here.Any thoughts?

There's a 'Thank you Bethesda' thread running where people are, amongst other things, thanking Bethesda for coming up with such a great story for the game.I am I dickhead for telling them that they should wait until the game is released before passing judgement on whether it will be good or not?

It might be a good idea to refrain from praising the developers until after the game has been played; but that's one of those things you shouldn't be telling people. Plus, it depends on your individual tastes. For me, the Daggerfall and Morrowind main story lines were fantastic, (even if MW left off some options I wish they had had). Oblivions main story line (all 3 of them) are kind of meh; but it makes up for it in the beauty of the setting, and side quests, and modibility, etc.