Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

Well, unless I order it in from overseas, in which case the distance doesn't seem to matter. But waiting two weeks to get the game after the release date definitely does matter to me, so I think I might just lump the high price tag.Re; High price tag, since I am under the impression that the US economic problems doesn't include inflation, I would agree with you.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Because it's so cool having high quality PVC pipes in your house.... wait. No. It isn't. PVC. You know, that stinky plastic shit? Unless I'm missing something here, they shouldn't be trying to make us feel good about an injected molded chunk of plastic with paint on it. Now if the think had been made of metal, like, say, pewter or bronze (like the one dragon statue I have), I could get behind that. Or if it were made of the same stuff as my other collector dragons I already have. But no. It's plastic. Granted, it looks better quality than the horrid piece of crap we got as a collector's piece with Fallout 3, but still.Also yes. If you believe what we're being told, there is no inflation. Unless you count food and energy prices, in which case we're being crushed by it. The media of course reports the government's faked figured that DON'T include food and energy. Video games are neither.

$150 seems to be the norm for CEs with figures in them them. I just paid $150 for the CE of SW:TOR, and I may very well spend $150 for the Skyrim one. Dunno yet.

Because it's so cool having high quality PVC pipes in your house.... wait. No. It isn't. PVC. You know' date=' that stinky plastic shit? Unless I'm missing something here, they shouldn't be trying to make us feel good about an injected molded chunk of plastic with paint on it. Now if the think had been made of metal, like, say, pewter or bronze (like the one dragon statue I have), I could get behind that. Or if it were made of the same stuff as my other collector dragons I already have. But no. It's plastic. Granted, it looks better quality than the horrid piece of crap we got as a collector's piece with Fallout 3, but still.

Also yes. If you believe what we're being told, there is no inflation. Unless you count food and energy prices, in which case we're being crushed by it. The media of course reports the government's faked figured that DON'T include food and energy. Video games are neither.[/quote']Resin would be ok, PVC, not so much.

Yeah PVC. Really? All the other ones I have are resin. Still not great, but better than plastic. Now I'm rethinking things. I really wanted the CE, but a plastic statue? My cats will probably chew on it!!

Just saw the leaked video. For all 40 minutes of material it shows, there's nothing that they didn't show the public anyway at E3.

Actually Gstaff said the map is going to be the cloth one on Beth blog.Here's his response:"Just to be clear, the map isn’t cloth… as noted before, it’s a synthetic burlap material."And if you look closely at the picture, it does have ripples along the edge like fabric would have - it's not perfectly straight like paper would be.So I'm going to order this as soon as it's listed on the Canadian vendors' sites. Actually, to be more accurate, my husband is going to order it and give it to me as an early birthday present :lol:

Watched the leaked demo myself. There's a few more things I hadn't seen yet but over all mostly the same as the E3 footage. I'll wait for a better quality video though since the one that was leaked wasn't all that great. And my God, could the crowd be any more rude?Case in point: "Mysterious Note" with a Black Hand symbol, that simply says "We know". Actual positive confirmation of the Dark Brotherhood. Not 100% confirmation that it's joinable, but it IS there and now we have the proof.I saw GStaff's response, but that doesn't change the fact that the product listing in the OP mentions not one thing about the map. Nobody has been able to definitively say if the CE gets one or not.

Quote from Game Informer about the city loads. Unfortunately, Bethesda has copped out completely and is still using load screens.

The loading takes a bit longer when entering a big city like Whiterun, but as the screen loads you're given gameplay tips, bits of lore, and can even tinker with a three-dimensional object on the screen. Once the city loaded, I took a brief tour.
Better get ready for Open Cities Skyrim, Samson. We're going to need them. Especially when I get bored of whatever gimmicks they tacked onto the city load screens. :headbang:

Yes, I gathered it would end up necessary after watching the leaked demo and noting the INSANELY long load times just getting out of dungeons. Once again, PC users shafted by inferior console tech.So yeah. I'm ready, but don't count on seeing it out before I've been able to actually play the game :P

No worries, I fully intend to play the game vanilla first. I will always experience the game the developers wanted me to see before I turn it into the game I wanted to see. :wink:

Went on a thread that is looking into the possibility that long swords and short swords have been replaced with just a plain sword. Based on what evidence was presented, I'd say that this is quite likely the case, but as usual, a bunch of people came along and went 'WTF guys, don't you realize that this means we will have more variety in swords!'. Well, I'm not holding my breath, but I do know that this is something that can easily be fixed with mods.

Also possible that they're right. The crafting system should give a whole new meaning to variety.I don't think I ever once wielded a shortsword in a fight. Could be Bethesda feels the same, that they're not used much if at all by players. Does make you wonder though what thieves/rogues/etc will end up using unless they're all getting stuck with crappy daggers.

I'm not going to be sold on the crafting system until I see it. The only good crafting system I've seen in a Beth game before is the one in New Vegas, which obviously was made by a different developer and took the whole concept from mods anyway. Don't get me wrong, it COULD be very good though.

Went on a thread that is looking into the possibility that long swords and short swords have been replaced with just a plain sword. Based on what evidence was presented' date=' I'd say that this is quite likely the case, but as usual, a bunch of people came along and went 'WTF guys, don't you realize that this means we will have more variety in swords!'. Well, I'm not holding my breath, but I do know that this is something that can easily be fixed with mods.[/quote']This was done after Morrowind, Oblivion just has two types of one-hander with different stats. In Morrowind the governing attribute for shortblade was speed, longblade was strength. Rogues used shortswords because they gave better reach and damage without having to put points into an otherwise unused attribute.Ultimately though, this says nothing about "variety" either way. Variety in Oblivion sucked, plain and simple - there are almost no special armours or weapons, just sets made of different materials.

How is removing short swords vs. long swords going to add more variety? This does not compute.

Well they've shown us an 'Imperial Sword', which could mean more different styles of weapons...but I'm not going to take a blind leap of faith on that.Mods will fix.

Screenshot of the Dunmer released. And boy, am I happy with what they have done for my favorite race. This new face along with Jeff Baker reprising his Morrowind voice for the males (hopefully)? :biggrin:Very nice to see they have returned to the ashen color scheme over Oblivion's bullshit blue facepaint, but the armor texture seems to be a bit... off with that face texture, kinda low resolution in comparison to the awesomely detailed facial mapping.Still being that all screens are taken from the 360 version, I'm not sure that can be helped.

I still wish they'd quit being so secretive and show us an Argonian. That Dunmer looks awesome though.

Its a good thing there's going to be higher res textures for PC res, because that armor did look quite low res. But yeah, sick looking dark elf.

I still wish they'd quit being so secretive and show us an Argonian. That Dunmer looks awesome though.
What if there are no Argonians? whistle.gif

What if there are no Argonians? whistle.gif
Then I will be sharpening pitchforks and axes, and getting some high quality torches ready for a mob visit to Bethesda.Anyway, GStaff says "soon". Clearly saving the best for last :)

Jumping in the necro-machine:What if the decision to merge curaise and greaves has nothing at all to do with animations, api's, codecs, renderers, or anything like that; but only has to do with players wanting to be able to switch quickly from street clothes to armour?