NOT a Happy Camper

Hana

Alrighty then, Dwip... :lol:And what does ChatactergenClass mean? He's still in character generation??Actually, he's back to being just one post ahead of me now that I've posted again, he also posted in the Weye thread after your post, Hana. :shrug:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hana

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, that comic is something I can relate to. I mean REALLY relate to. Do you have any idea how many times I've wanted to stab a drive controller with a screwdriver? Hell, it might even be quite relieving to do so while naked. Just don't expect to get it on camera :)

Kind of late in the year for the naked part. Also think of the possible injuries from flying bits of circuit board.And I appear to be doomed to be locked into an eternal death struggle with Conner for high post count. So, uh, en garde? I guess?

Oi, mental images before my first morning coffee.Yes Conner, it's you in the tutorial dungeon before you make your changes. Odd.

@Samson:Aside from Dwip's very valid safety concerns, driving a screwdriver into a component out of frustration is much more reasonable than just because it wasn't l337 enough is something altogether else.. ;)(No worries, I suspect none of us really would want it on camera anyway. :P)@Dwip:"an eternal death struggle", eh? Very well, en garde. :lol:@Hana:No kidding, right? :facepalm:Why, yes, 'odd' sounds like a very appropriate choice of word... :huh:

• 2 months later...

Ok, so we're back to this, and whining and crying.I finally switched out my 4G of RAM to 8G of RAM - 4 brand new 2G sticks - and I'm STILL getting BSOD's, maybe even more so. Today, a lot of my programs were going unresponsive and/or randomly just crashing amongst themselves.This is really annoying. ALL the RAM I buy can't be bad, can it? :headbang:

Sounds like it's time to consider the harddrive as a possible cause. Or did we go there already? I'm getting so sick of bugs popping up left and right all of a sudden that I can't be sure anymore.

We've been there, couple of times ran chkdsk, which did seem to 'fix' the problem for awhile. Yes, time to do it again and hopefully end this once and for all. WD harddrives, yay.

Well hardware can only break in so many ways. Unlike Oblivion mods which seem capable of breaking in new and creative ways without much warning. Like RAEVWD. Holy fuck am I pissed off at that right now. 1.9.1 broke somewhere, so I had to have someone send me back a copy of 1.9. It kept breaking. So I deleted all the LOD files. Game worked. Re-ran tes4lodgen. Couldn't get into Anvil, Bruma, or Chorrol. Dug up my backup mesh BSA. The problem appears solved. So I figure it's got to be something AWLS and the RAEVWD update didn't like since they both got updated in the mesh pack.Well, who the hell knows now because I installed Brumbek's updates to RAEVWD and was still able to fast travel to each destination, so I don't know what to think now. Between this and the horses issue, I'm wondering if the game is finally hosed beyond repair and just needs a rebuild. Or maybe my own hardware has gone flaky. That would truly suck.

I was just reading about RAEVWD. Totally confused what's going on there, but glad I haven't snagged any new version yet. And the AWLS with RAEVWD ability? :crazy:Oh, and if anyone is up on their BSOD's, the one I get most frequently now is "page fault in non-paged area" or something like that. If that helps narrow it down.

Everything I can find on that error, Hana, points to it being numerous in cause. It could be anywhere from 3rd party drivers, to RAM, to a failing HD. Sorry I wasn't able to turn up much with my GoogleFu.

That's probably the least informative BSOD error there is. Usually memory or drive related though, so considering you're having issues requiring regular use of chkdsk, you really should get that dealt with.

And I appear to be doomed to be locked into an eternal death struggle with Conner for high post count. So' date=' uh, en garde? I guess?[/quote']I think I've pulled far enough ahead to completely remedy that situation at this point; however, it appears that Arthmoor has taken the lead for second place from you.. ;)
I finally switched out my 4G of RAM to 8G of RAM - 4 brand new 2G sticks - and I'm STILL getting BSOD's' date=' maybe even more so. Today, a lot of my programs were going unresponsive and/or randomly just crashing amongst themselves.This is really annoying. ALL the RAM I buy can't be bad, can it? :headbang:[/quote']Gratz on the new and increased RAM, and consolations on the continuing BSODs. :sigh:It could, but it really isn't so likely. :(
Well hardware can only break in so many ways. Unlike Oblivion mods which seem capable of breaking in new and creative ways without much warning. Like RAEVWD. Holy fuck am I pissed off at that right now. 1.9.1 broke somewhere' date=' so I had to have someone send me back a copy of 1.9. It kept breaking. So I deleted all the LOD files. Game worked. Re-ran tes4lodgen. Couldn't get into Anvil, Bruma, or Chorrol. Dug up my backup mesh BSA. The problem appears solved. So I figure it's got to be something AWLS and the RAEVWD update didn't like since they both got updated in the mesh pack.Well, who the hell knows now because I installed Brumbek's updates to RAEVWD and was still able to fast travel to each destination, so I don't know what to think now. Between this and the horses issue, I'm wondering if the game is finally hosed beyond repair and just needs a rebuild. Or maybe my own hardware has gone flaky. That would truly suck.[/quote']Oh geez, when it rains, it pours, eh? :(Maybe the game's finally broken to the point that it's just time to upgrade to Skyrim already. ;)
That's probably the least informative BSOD error there is. Usually memory or drive related though' date=' so considering you're having issues requiring regular use of chkdsk, you really should get that dealt with.[/quote']I'd have to second this. Microsoft didn't exactly do a great job with their BSOD messages for informative errors, but as long as memory or drive are both distinctly likely causes of the error you're getting, and you've also been having to repeatedly run chkdsk, you might want to address the drive next.

Well hardware can only break in so many ways. Unlike Oblivion mods which seem capable of breaking in new and creative ways without much warning. Like RAEVWD. Holy fuck am I pissed off at that right now. 1.9.1 broke somewhere, so I had to have someone send me back a copy of 1.9. It kept breaking. So I deleted all the LOD files. Game worked. Re-ran tes4lodgen. Couldn't get into Anvil, Bruma, or Chorrol. Dug up my backup mesh BSA. The problem appears solved. So I figure it's got to be something AWLS and the RAEVWD update didn't like since they both got updated in the mesh pack.
Was that with OCR, because the problems being caused by REAVWD went away for me when I switched to it for some reason (previously BC anvil wouldn't let me fast travel anywhere to it).Meanwhile, my work-in progress UL seems to be spouting an odd issue that is new to me. Sometimes when an argonian bandit I have made is spawn from a spawn point marker, it gets a 'stretched tail effect', by which I mean the mesh is stretched over several cells and provides some very strange and ugly pop-in effects. I'd seen this before when placing argonians and khajiits in the Tamriel worldspace, but...from a spawn point? Further more, the issues extraordinarily erratic; I was able to get rid of it once by saving the game with the issue on the screen and then loading the save. :blink:Anyway, at least its not crashing the game... :shrug:

Yes, that was with OCR. It seems to have calmed for now without Brumbek's updates in place. Very strange though. And of course as if to mock my efforts, Wrye Bash has started doing that thing where it doesn't recognize valid 7z archives again.Stretched tails are usually because you forgot to set the beast race skeleton on an Argonian or Khajiit. Double check any of those you made and make sure you didn't forget to change that.

Yes' date=' that was with OCR[/quote']Well, then there's something else weird. My PC doesn't mind it with OCR but vomits with BC.

@Kayle, thanks for trying. That's pretty much all I found too.Seriously, can they not make an error message that actually tells you what the error is? Is that so hard? [/rant]Anyway, ran chkdsk this morning, so far so good. Knock on wood. But we all know my luck. :lol:

Um. Ok. Happy thought: Faregyl has no more bugs and is ready to rock! :Pplease be true

So I wonder why I'm the only one having issues.My recent slew of BSOD's could very well be related to recent Windows updates KB245826 and KB2419640 dated 01/13/11. According to microsoft support many people are reporting can't boot after these installs and BSOD's. Guess what? Yesterday I couldn't boot. Odd it only showed up now. I actually had to do a system restore to a point before a couple of other windows updates dated 01/24 (I think), which leaves the above 2 updates as the latest and I've been battling numerous odd problems since - one of them being my Elder Scrolls folder is permanent Read Only and won't unset, meaning I can't use mTES4 as it won't switch my clones around.Gonna uninstall these updates (the kind of updates that are forced on you when you shutdown whether you want them or not) and hopefully fix things.