NOT a Happy Camper

Hana

I wouldn't think Shockwave would care if it's being used in a multi-user setup or not.Are you talking about the usual Flash or the actual Shockwave media plugin?Flash always worked fine in the domain setup at Behr, but outside of that I've never setup a system to have multiple users. I always run in a single-user-always-admin account.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hana

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, I can't find the link now, but back when I'd tried to install a shockwave based mud client I ran into issues with that too, it's a weird setup. :shrug:

I'm talking about the actual Shockwave plugin. Flash works fine, but anything .swf crashes and burns in the unpriviledged account. Everything's fine in my admin account. For that matter, the Shockwave test page reports the unpriviledged account as working ok, but then I get missing object icons every time I try to do anything. Strange.

@Samson: You have a point there' date=' and given that 4.0 is coming soon, it might not even matter. On the other hand, if she could figure out what in FF changed that had caused it, she'd know her ram and hard drive are both okay for sure...

@Dwip: So, did it break it? When I got there Samson and you had already posted to the next page. :(

@Sigurd:

I agree, it's nothing but a bit of wishful thinking to assume that upgrading the browser truly resolved the issue if you're not willing to follow-up and make sure one of the changes in that version was to address that issue, and bad memory can be a biotch to diagnose with certainty without hardware testers that most folk don't have access to. On the other hand, it's a fairly safe assumption that even if it's a ram issue, if the upgrade seems to have resolved it then she's probably safe for at least a while until the problem returns.

Gratz on getting back fully up and running again. :grinning:

If you have bad memory you can't be sure until the chip actually fries.Nevermind though, so long as it doesn't kill the comp when it goes it's no great tragedy.

I don't know about all that, Sigurd, it'd be pretty unusual for a stick of ram to go spectacularly enough to take the computer with it.(Incidentally, you don't have to quote the entire post, you can always just trim it down to the part you're responding to...)

Windows Live Essentials 2011 = epic fail.WTF, all I want is the SIMPLE NO FRILLS version of windows live. I don't want all this additional shit.Microsoft = fail for not offering customers access to previous versions of their products./rant

You ought to be able to pick and choose which bits you want to install.Which may or may not be what you're after.

This is true. I picked only messenger, which looks horrendously ugly and crashed every time I tried to add a contact.It also decided for me that I needed Silverlight. No thanks.But, I've *ahem* found an older version and I'm now happy. ;)Dwip has mail.

:shrug: This is one of the reasons why I prefer to use Trillian or Pidgin rather than the IM clients from the individual IM services.Of course, these days I usually just use trillian for blackberry more than anything else...

Once you get it set up the way you want it, anyway. Yay Trillian.Remind me why we hate Silverlight? Does anything even use it for anything?

We hate it because it's a Microsoft cheap ass knock off of Flash. Why bother? Rumor has it they're going to stop supporting it soon anyway.

Yeah, but why hate, as opposed to apathy? I mean, you install it, it sits there, nobody cares, right? I mean, why expend the energy for actual hatred?

This is the internet. There is no apathy. Only hate, and occasionally some love. Since I have no love for M$, there can only be hate.Besides, you know I don't subscribe to the idea of "it's just sitting there" when it comes to installing worthless junk software on my system.

• 2 weeks later...
:lol: With all the times Dwip has proven how bad it is utter such 'famous last words', why would you want to do so, Hana?? ;)Btw, Dwip, I thought you didn't want to be first on post count. :P

I know' date=' I know.

*revoke famous last words*[/quote']There are only two ways to deal with computer troubles:1. Prayer.2. A sharp kick.Which of the two actually works is an open question.

Update on today's weirdness.Opened the CS, loaded up Ob and got this warning.

Could not find class (00000694) on NPC (00035A18) Arterion.
Arterion's class is CharactergenClass. Nice. :blink:LOL at Dwip's comic, that table looks like mine when I build my PC. Plus, Dwip is still 1 post ahead of Conner. Just saying.