NOT a Happy Camper

Hana

Well, as Samson said, the way they are listed doesn't matter, it's how they're numbered in the Order column. This is how mine looks.installorder.jpgDon't be concerned that mine are starting at 0-6, it's just the first thing I've installed. It could be any numerical value as long as they are in the above "install order".To move things in the order, highlight the line and hold CTRL and use the up/down arrows to renumber it. Does that help?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hana

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda, it does tell me how to go about re-ording them which is helpful, but I'll have to compare your picture there to my install order to see if anything I've got is "out of order" or not still, so, fr that aspect, I'll have to get back to you on whether it's helpful or not. Though I don't think my list fits on a single screen like that but I also didn't think I had nearly as many QTP3 related entries on the list either...

Ah, if you're looking for "Is anything else out of order, or needs to follow a specific order" then I have to defer to the resident experts.I don't know any other "have to's".My list is far from finished, I just started re-installing. :lol:

Yeah, that really was what I was hoping for, but I expect one of them to chime up any moment now. ;)Well, okay then, I'll forgive you this time since you're still in the re-installing process. ;)

I find it's much easier to be clear on the order if you click the "Order" header to sort the BAIN package list by the order they're installed in. Then you can see very clearly when something is out of order:bainp.jpgBTW, I've got tons of orange ones because I've been doing PyFFI testing on the collision optimizer. Illustrating BAIN's ability to know when your installed content doesn't match the archive it came from.

So, when one's not green (nor red), you just shift it's order up or down until it is? Or, is there some logical test or some such that one can use to know roughly what needs to come first? ...what's it mean when they've got a diamond instead of a square? and is yellow or orange an indicator that it's in the wrong order?

No. You don't worry about the color at all until you get things in the correct sequence. That has to be based on what the mod is doing and what its install instructions say.The UOP is always first, because it's resources should be treated as the baseline. Fixes for the existing game content and all that.QTP3 is second because it's also a baseline replacer for the existing game content, but it's improving it at the same time.The UOP+QTP3 patch goes next because it has to address the fact that it probably just wiped out a ton of fixed meshes and textures.The UOPS should follow because it fixes the fixes to the fixes. Or something :PAfter that, it very much depends on what the mod contains. For instance, AWLS (the one that makes buildings have lit windows) would need to load fairly early because it changes every building with a window on it. If I were using AWLS as a BAIN package full of loose files, I'd have placed it in between the UOPS and the UOP+QTP3 patch, because the UOPS corrections take AWLS into account.Yes, it can get a bit hairy, but once you're past the baseline stuff in large part it's just a matter of what you downloaded first. You'd not likely need to change the order of the remaining mods unless you're an obsessive freak like me. Or if you downloaded a mod using a newer version of a resource that some other mod also uses but is an older version of the same resource. Most of the time your stuff should simply turn green and you can forget about it. Like I said, mine are messed up right now because I'm doing mesh optimizations and BAIN is letting me know the content isn't what's in the archives.Yellow files: The ESP/ESM is identical to the archive, but some of the resource files are not.Orange: The ESP/ESM is NOT identical to the archive. Resource files may also not match.Red: Missing stuff. The archive has files in it which are not installed.Diamonds are projects. That's how I'm managing the release updates for those. The same color rules apply.

Or something
:lol:
Yes' date=' it can get a bit hairy[/quote']Sounds it' date=' I'm about thoroughly confused, but I do think I got enough sense out of that spiel that I'll be able to figure it out more or less once I'm actually looking at it directly again.
Yellow files: The ESP/ESM is identical to the archive' date=' but some of the resource files are not. Orange: The ESP/ESM is NOT identical to the archive. Resource files may also not match. Red: Missing stuff. The archive has files in it which are not installed. Diamonds are projects. That's how I'm managing the release updates for those. The same color rules apply.[/quote']Now that's helpful. I've been guessing at color meanings since I installed Bash. :redface:For example, I figured, based on what I knew of the packages I was seeing it next to, that it meant I had the archive but hadn't installed it or couldn't install it because something it required wasn't present. Green is fairly obvious. But I figured Orange meant there was some sort of conflict with another package and I simply had no idea what yellow meant. :lol:

The Bash readme is really quite helpful in that regard :)That's where I went to find the color stuff cause I had forgotten what yellow meant.

I suppose I did. In the grand scheme it probably makes little difference if you swap the UOP and QTP3 so long as after those two you install the UOP+QTP3 patch.Since QTP3 has no plugin file, load order has no bearing on it.

And after the patch, the UOPS. Ok, I'm leaving it the way I did it, scared me for a minute. :PI think I have about half my mods installed now. Time to download me some villages to ensure I have the latest (I know my Feldscar isn't up to date). :)

Ok, looking for some direction here on the proper way to do this.I have a ton of armour / clothing mods (yeah, I'm such a girl). I want to merge them all rather than spend the time and save esp slots by installing them all individually.If I create a dummy esp in the CS (ie; hanasarmor.esp), I can use TES4Gecko to "Convert to Master", then just "Merge Plugins" into it? Or "Merge to Master"? Does that gather all the esps, meshes, textures together? Can I leave it as a master or is there some magic to make it an esp again?Or is there an entirely easier way to do this?

ARGH! Help...This makes no sense at all. I can load a past save on my female char but I can't load a past save on my male char - crashes as soon as the load screen starts. I desperately need to get him loaded so all the quest pop-ups will go away and he can be where he was before, I had him ready for RST testing now he's poofed. Is it because I loaded him a couple of times to test my install progress? Although I don't see why, a past save is a past save, and they both had the exact same load list.Any suggestions?

Are you sure you got the load order right for that save? Sometimes a save can get picky about which way the mods used in it are set. The easiest method to fix this is to go to the saves tab, right click on that save, and use "load masters" on it. That sets your load order to match what the save expects, and it should turn purple at that point.

That didn't work. :cry:The save remains red, still crashes. Tried several different saves. The only thing I haven't installed yet from previous are armour mods which shouldn't matter. But, like I said, I can load my other char's red saves.

@Arthmoor:What read the readme when I've got you experts so handy? ;)Hmm, I happened to notice that in the list you posted, Samson, you don't actually have QTP3 or UOP or UOPS displayed at all, though you do have the first 10 on there...Ok, checked my lists and, oddly enough, I guess I installed the UOP/UOPS externally to bash/bain or something because they're on my load order tab but not my installers tab whereas redimized is on my installers tab and not my mods tab... :shrug: ...I guess I just leave it the way it is and hope for the best.

@Hana: Wait, the save is red? That means it's missing a master file. You've forgotten something it needs. Check the master list on the save and see what's missing. Usually the game adjusts fine to that, but not always.@Conner: That's because I did some custom repacking of the BSA files that come with the game. All of the UOP fixes, QTP3, AWLS, and a ton of other graphic mods all got merged in there so they don't have a spot in my install order because of that.

It is, because it means I never have to deal with it again, and there's not a ton of loose files cluttering things up. Those files become the absolute baseline, equivalent to being the stock game files.In theory, any mod that has more than a scant few files should be packed with a BSA, but there's a stupidity bug in Oblivion's engine that crashes the game if you end up with more than 400 ESM+ESP+BSA files in the Data folder. So in practice it just can't be done and we're all mostly stuck with it.

Bleh, bleh, bleh.I swear all the masters are the same and in the same load order, with the exception of armour mods, which I can't see as being the real problem here.This is the Diff Masters list on the save that I need to get working.

Missing Masters for: Save 896 - Dreylor - Anvil, Level 24, Playing Time 507.57.03.essxx 1SB_RavenousEleganceOutfit.espxx Apachii_Goddess_Store.espxx DamascusGlamdring.espxx Double Crimson HGEC.espxx Elwing.espxx FB_Dark_Crusader_01.espxx FB_Dark_Crusader_Dynamis.espxx FB_Dark_Crusader_Longbow_01.espxx FB_DC_Defender.espxx Gloria Armor.espxx Golden Saint and Dark Seducer Gear for Sale.espxx HanasCrypt.espxx HanasHeaven.espxx Ice Gowns for HGEC.espxx Immersive Mining.espxx Nature's_bounty.espxx R18PN - Lingeries.espxx Slof's Eyren Armours.espxx UFF Lady Shadow.espxx VGA_SaintSeducer.espMasters for: Save 896 - Dreylor - Anvil, Level 24, Playing Time 507.57.03.ess00  Oblivion.esm01  Windfall.esm02  All Natural Base.esm  [Version 0.9.9.5]03  Kvatch Rebuilt.esm04  Open Cities Resources.esm  [Version 3.5]05  CM Partners.esm06  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.3]07  DLCShiveringIsles.esp08  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.4.0]09  All Natural.esp  [Version 0.9.9.5]0A  All Natural - SI.esp  [Version 0.9.9.5]0B  Storms & Sound.esp0C  Rainbows.esp0D  All Natural - Real Lights.esp  [Version 0.9.9.5]0E  WindowLightingSystem.esp0F  KF Chapel Shop.esp++  MeosPotionReplacer.esp10  RAEVWD Cities.esp  [Version 1.8]11  RAEVWD New Sheoth.esp  [Version 1.7]12  RAEVWD Imperial City.esp  [Version 1.8]13  DLCHorseArmor.esp14  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]15  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp16  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.4]17  DLCSpellTomes.esp++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]++  MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp18  DLCThievesDen.esp19  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]1A  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.4]1B  BrotherhoodRenewed.esp  [Version 1.0]1C  BXX_Mines.esp1D  300_White Stallion 4.esp++  300 Feudal Empire.esp1E  Kvatch Rebuilt.esp1F  OCC-KR-Patch.esp  [Version 2.0]20  Kvatch Rebuilt Weather Patch.esp21  LetThePeopleDrink.esp  [Version 2.5]22  Vampire Hunting - Order Of The Virtuous Blood.esp23  Windfall.esp24  DLCFrostcrag.esp25  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.4]26  OCOD+FrostcragSpire Patch.esp27  Knights.esp28  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]29  OCC-KOTN-Patch.esp  [Version 3.0]2A  The Lost Spires.esp2B  OCC-Lost Spires-Patch.esp  [Version 2.1]2C  AFK_Weye.esp  [Version 2.1.Non-COBL]2D  road+bridges.esp  [Version 4.5.8]2E  Feldscar.esp  [Version 1.0.4]2F  Vergayun.esp  [Version 1.0.5]30  Faregyl.esp  [Version 1.0.10]31  Molapi.esp  [Version 1.0]32  xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp  [Version 1.1]33  NRB4+LtPD Patch.esp  [Version 3.0]34  Castle_Seaview.esp35  bartholm.esp36  Open Cities New Sheoth.esp  [Version 1.1]37  Open Cities Outer Districts.esp  [Version 3.5]38  Open Cities Reborn - Full Merge.esp  [Version 0.6]39  NRB4+OCOD Patch.esp  [Version 2.0]3A  Bag of Holding.esp  [Version 1.5.0]3B  Oblivifall - Ambiant Dungeon SFX.esp  [Version 1.2]3C  Storms & Sound - AFK_Weye.esp3D  Storms & Sound - Bartholm.esp3E  Storms & Sound - The Lost Spires.esp3F  StarX Vampire Deaths.esp40  StarX Vanilla Vampires Revised.esp41  RefScope.esp  [Version 2.0.2]++  BulkyNord.esp42  CM Partners.esp**  NRB4 OCReborn Road Record.esp**  All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp  [Version 0.9.9.5]43  Bashed Patch, 0.esp44  AFK_Blades_EQ.esp  [Version 1.2]45  AFK_Frostcrag.esp  [Version 1.0]46  AFK_Tweaks.esp  [Version 1.4]47  Sutch Village.esp48  SkoomaDeals.esp

This is the current load order list;

Active Mod Files:00  Oblivion.esm01  Windfall.esm02  All Natural Base.esm  [Version 0.9.9.5]03  Kvatch Rebuilt.esm04  Open Cities Resources.esm  [Version 3.5]05  CM Partners.esm06  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.3]07  DLCShiveringIsles.esp08  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.4.0]09  All Natural.esp  [Version 0.9.9.5]0A  All Natural - SI.esp  [Version 0.9.9.5]0B  Storms & Sound.esp0C  Rainbows.esp0D  All Natural - Real Lights.esp  [Version 0.9.9.5]0E  WindowLightingSystem.esp0F  KF Chapel Shop.esp++  MeosPotionReplacer.esp10  RAEVWD Cities.esp  [Version 1.8]11  RAEVWD New Sheoth.esp  [Version 1.7]12  RAEVWD Imperial City.esp  [Version 1.8]13  DLCHorseArmor.esp14  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]15  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp16  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.4]17  DLCSpellTomes.esp++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]++  MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp18  DLCThievesDen.esp19  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]1A  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.4]1B  BrotherhoodRenewed.esp  [Version 1.0]1C  BXX_Mines.esp1D  300_White Stallion 4.esp++  300 Feudal Empire.esp1E  Kvatch Rebuilt.esp1F  OCC-KR-Patch.esp  [Version 2.0]20  Kvatch Rebuilt Weather Patch.esp21  LetThePeopleDrink.esp  [Version 2.5]22  Vampire Hunting - Order Of The Virtuous Blood.esp23  Windfall.esp24  DLCFrostcrag.esp25  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.4]26  OCOD+FrostcragSpire Patch.esp27  Knights.esp28  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]29  OCC-KOTN-Patch.esp  [Version 3.0]2A  The Lost Spires.esp2B  OCC-Lost Spires-Patch.esp  [Version 2.1]2C  AFK_Weye.esp  [Version 2.1.Non-COBL]2D  road+bridges.esp  [Version 4.5.8]2E  Feldscar.esp  [Version 1.0.4]2F  Vergayun.esp  [Version 1.0.5]30  Faregyl.esp  [Version 1.0.10]31  Molapi.esp  [Version 1.0]32  xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp  [Version 1.1]33  NRB4+LtPD Patch.esp  [Version 3.0]34  Castle_Seaview.esp35  bartholm.esp36  Open Cities New Sheoth.esp  [Version 1.1]37  Open Cities Bartholm.esp  [Version 1.1]38  Open Cities Outer Districts.esp  [Version 3.5]39  Open Cities Reborn - Full Merge.esp  [Version 0.6]3A  NRB4+OCOD Patch.esp  [Version 2.0]3B  Bag of Holding.esp  [Version 1.5.0]3C  DB_NightMotherMoneyRangeA.esp3D  Oblivifall - Ambiant Dungeon SFX.esp  [Version 1.2]3E  Storms & Sound - AFK_Weye.esp3F  Storms & Sound - Bartholm.esp40  Storms & Sound - The Lost Spires.esp41  StarX Vampire Deaths.esp42  StarX Vanilla Vampires Revised.esp43  RefScope.esp  [Version 2.0.2]++  BulkyNord.esp44  CM Partners.esp**  NRB4 OCReborn Road Record.esp**  All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp  [Version 0.9.9.5]45  AFK_Blades_EQ.esp  [Version 1.2]46  AFK_Frostcrag.esp  [Version 1.0]47  AFK_Tweaks.esp  [Version 1.4]48  GSCandle.esp49  Sutch Village.esp++  clearHDR.esp4A  SkoomaDeals.esp++  Starx-OVB Patch.esp4B  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Maybe you guys can see something I'm missing.This is how the saves look in Bash;savetabbash.jpgI'll explain it better.Starting with Drey, my female char.Save 900 I just did last night with this new load order, starting from loading 895, a pre-reinstall save. As you can see on the bash tab pic above, it was a red save too yet loaded just fine.Dreylor, my male char and the problem.I need save 896. It's a pre-reinstall save. Or save 897, either will do. I can get to the load save screen, click it, it goes to the loading screen and crashes after a couple of seconds.Saves 898 + 899 were made after re-installing just Ob, SI, the DLC's, and the patches and were started with loading 897. They load just fine. But I need to get back to 896 as 898/899 restart a lot of quests that I just don't want to deal with.Everything in the bashed patch that needs to be checked is checked.I've tried regenerating the .ini and that doesn't help either.My next last ditch effort is to install all the missing armour mods, but I'm not hopeful it'll help in any way.BTW, spoiler tags don't work.Edit: Nvm, Conner just twigged something. It's the 'gonna hide text here so you highlight' kinda thing, not the 'gonna box it up so it's not a whole page long' kinda thing I was expecting.

@Arthmoor: Nice. I guess if I decide to add a few more mods and start encroaching anywhere near that 400 file limit, I'll definitely have to look into learning your trick, but the way these things update so often, I don't think I want to start merging things into my base line files just yet.@Hana: Sorry, Hana, if I could help more I would be delighted to do so, but this is Arthmoor's forte way more than mine.

Now about those spoiler tags not working.. what in your post needed a spoiler tag???

If one of those missing masters in your save is a body mod (and it looks as though several are) then you can easily generate crashes by not making sure they're included.Also not sure how spoiler tags don't work. They do. But if they're part of a code block, they won't because the BBCode system is not supposed to parse tags inside a code block.

Shouldn't be. The body mods were all installed carefully copying my old install characters folder.Guess it won't hurt to remove and reinstall them.Edit: Nope, that's not it.