[WARNING] Son of Navmesh Bug

Arthmoor

Big word of warning. If you're doing navmeshes, avoid using the "balance for optimization" button to optimize your navmesh. Using it will lead to deleted NAVM forms that will crash the game when it attempts to load the affected cells.This isn't quite the same as the currently known navmesh bug either. It's far worse. Nothing like spending 2 days on navmeshing only to have this happen.

Ewww... That also sounds like something Elminster should know about. I don't even want to think about trying to undelete those references... Sounds like a function that should just be avoided.

Would be a piece of cake to fix in TESVEdit though because you can pick off the deleted records easily with the way the file is organized. Also changing form IDs is dead simple there too.

Good point. I wasn't planning on changing Gecko's interface - that's partly why I'd rather not get into mod cleaning and stuff. I think those functions are better with a nice visual interface like Edit.

TESVSnip did a decent enough job and didn't corrupt the file so now I just need to see if it mattered for Windhelm. No deleted records now though, so that's got to count for something.

You know, every time I see this topic title, especially on Beth, I snicker at the thought of what you really wanted to call it. :tongue: I can just imagine the moderators looking at it wondering what trouble Arthmoor was stirring up now. LMAO

Actually it was a lame attempt at humor that probably isn't working :P