[Wipz] Falinesti

Sigurð Stormhand

According to that' date=' OBSE is launching fine. What are you seeing that makes you think OBSE isn't working?[/quote']The game doesn't launch through OBSE with that mod active but does with regular launcher. It launches both ways when I don't have that mod active.Edit: I went back and double checked. The game crashed before launching whether I start in OBSE or with the main launcher, so I was wrong about that.

OBSE is not the issue.Ysne, do you have the master? Noted in the download notes "requires Lorefriendly Landscaped Lands - Valenwood Flora Landscaping by Kevnage"It's on Nexus.

OBSE is not the issue.

Ysne' date=' do you have the master? Noted in the download notes "requires Lorefriendly Landscaped Lands - Valenwood Flora Landscaping by Kevnage"

It's on Nexus.

I could have sworn I read that. I missed it somehow. Thanks Hana for figuring that out.

The missing master was the problem. The tree and what you have for the town look pretty impressive Sigurd.

Looks good, and I loved the view I had of Anvil. You should roll with this.

OK, well my thoughts on this are.1. My God, it looks crap, I went about this totally the wrong way and I can build a much better tree.2. There will be an Imperial garrison by the coast with a Hostliary and Imperial Guilds, a la Wolverine Hall in Morrowind.3. Falinesti is the Capital of Valenwood so it should be big, I'm thinking bigger than an Oblivion city but smaller than the Imperial city.4. I was thking closed city, because of size and because I'm already going to be asking the engine to render all the tree in the canopy.

Aw. A closed city? In 2012? :P
In practice it will be a closed city anyway, as you will have to warp up to the crown.Beyond that, I am concerned about AI reactions as well as CPU load. Don't worry, you can still have your view of Anvil, I'll copy it over wholesale for you

I would think CPU load would be minimal unless you're trying to make an even larger city than what you've got so far. Anvil was in LOD, and with a parented worldspace that LOD would be visible regardless. So you don't need to copy anything over :)AI is a whole other matter. You'll likely have to include a bunch of safeguards to prevent NPCs from falling off the branches and over the sides of buildings and stuff. Oblivion NPCs don't handle height well.

I would think CPU load would be minimal unless you're trying to make an even larger city than what you've got so far. Anvil was in LOD' date=' and with a parented worldspace that LOD would be visible regardless. So you don't need to copy anything over :)

AI is a whole other matter. You'll likely have to include a bunch of safeguards to prevent NPCs from falling off the branches and over the sides of buildings and stuff. Oblivion NPCs don't handle height well.[/quote']It's going to be big now.

• 11 years later...

No file now? cannot find it.

And the links to nexus are in obsolete format.

Edited by Lefty Scaevola

So, I actually looked and it seems that the file database only goes back to 2013, for my files at least. It was an extremely janky proof of concept anyway. If you're really interested I can see if I still have a copy in my backups somewhere.

so, nor really playable, then?

But you have found a new issue, are we supposed to not be having pre 2013 files, or is that an error?

Edited by Lefty Scaevola