I uploaded something

Sigurð Stormhand

:redface:So, I got fed up with there being no animated portcullis in the game, so I made one. It's in the downloads section. :redface:*Runs away and hides.*

*watches portcullis bob up and down in Nifskope**keeps watching**minutes pass*Does seem to do the job, ayup. Also works quite well as a tired Dwip distractor.

*watches portcullis bob up and down in Nifskope*

*keeps watching*

*minutes pass*

Does seem to do the job' date=' ayup. Also works quite well as a tired Dwip distractor.[/quote']It does work, I have it in Battlehorn Castle, that's why I made it.Now for a couple of fun facts:Kvatchcastleportcullis01.nif is animated but doesn't play fair, it will go up and down but despite the purple collision box is represents a static obsticle, though I haven't tried jumping through the raised portcullisKvatchcastleportcullis02.nif works, but some idiot put the down animation on a loop, which is why a scriptor commented out the down sequence for the Kvatch gates in-game.

Also, you (may) notice that I used the "heavywoodclose" sound for the final bit where the portcullis closes, I'm not completely satisfied but the crash-bang-rusty-gears sound for the fort gates was a complete bust, any ideas?

*watches portcullis bob up and down in Nifskope*

*keeps watching*

*minutes pass*

Does seem to do the job' date=' ayup. Also works quite well as a tired Dwip distractor.[/quote']ROFL Thanks for that Dwip, you gave me a good laugh. *back to my super duper magic light show*

@Sigurd - It works just fine so far as I can tell. But it moves, and me and moving things when I'm tired is kind of like swinging a ball of yarn in front of a cat. I'll watch it forever and occasionally try to bat it.I'd probably go with the gears, myself, but it's awfully hard to get the right sound.

@Sigurd -

It works just fine so far as I can tell. But it moves' date=' and me and moving things when I'm tired is kind of like swinging a ball of yarn in front of a cat. I'll watch it forever and occasionally try to bat it.

I'd probably go with the gears, myself, but it's awfully hard to get the right sound.[/quote']It does whirring gears on the up and whirring gears on the down, but the metalic crash thing just sounds wrong with the wooden gate, the door close would be fine except it's a bit quiet, what I really want is a "thud" sound.

Arthmoor, what are you using for OCR in Chorrol? Specifically whenever I exit Fire and Steel or The Oak and Crosier near the gate, I hear a very loud wooden thud sound. It's actually rather annoying because I have no idea what causes it. Anyway if you could track down that sound, Sigurd, it might suit your purposes rather nicely.

The portcullis in OCR Chorrol isn't animated though. You sure you're not just hearing the normal exit door sound?

No' date=' it sounds more like one of the signs is banging around when you leave.[/quote']Yeah, something like that. It's LOUD. It sounds like something slamming down. And it's a wood sound, so it would probably be perfect for Sigurd.

Ah, havok. Such fun we have. If it's a stuck sign, I'm not sure where the sound for that is actually generated. Impact collision is handled by the material types on the meshes and doesn't have a specified sound entry in Oblivion.esm as far as I know.