[Relz/Beta/WiPz] Arthmoor's Collection

Arthmoor

Yep. Turns out your right again. :.( . Although considering it's a notebook, and the board is all one thing, I'm not sure what other card you could be talking about. It does have a perfomance index of 3.2, which the help file says is "exactly average". (5.9 being the highest.) If I read it right, it actually only has 256 m of actual graphics memory, and "can" use 1100 m of the system RAM "as" graphic memory. Or did I get it wrong again.

Man, if that's a gaming rig and that's why it's so much better than an Xbox, I probably shouldn't give Dallen specs on the two machines I game on. They both easily outperform any gaming console out there for games but one's a laptop... ;)

ok, trying to post between y'all bickering isn't working... maybe it's a sign that it's a good time to go do other stuff for a bit.

Yep. Turns out your right again. :.( . Although considering it's a notebook and the board is all one thing, I'm not sure what other card you could be talking about. It does have a perfomance index of 3.2, which the help file says is "exactly average". (5.9 being the highest.) If I read it right, it actually only has 256 m of actual graphics memory, and "can" use 1100 m of the system RAM "as" graphic memory. Or did I get it wrong again.

Oh, you've got one of those things. Yes, the video chip has 256M of dedicated memory, and will happily rob the system pool to get more if you do something demanding. Like playing Oblivion. Generally when this happens the game performance drops to unacceptable levels because system memory is slower than video memory. It also doesn't help that the game will then become starved for actual system memory. This is why people on the BGS forum keep having to be told that their notebooks are not gaming rigs :P

Man if I had a nickel for every time a thread went off topic..... :lol:

Worst part is that it's usually my doing too. :sigh:

Yep. Turns out your right again. :.( . Although considering it's a notebook' date=' and the board is all one thing, I'm not sure what other card you could be talking about. It does have a perfomance index of 3.2, which the help file says is "exactly average". (5.9 being the highest.) If I read it right, it actually only has 256 m of actual graphics memory, and "can" use 1100 m of the system RAM "as" graphic memory. Or did I get it wrong again.

Oh, you've got one of those things. Yes, the video chip has 256M of dedicated memory, and will happily rob the system pool to get more if you do something demanding. Like playing Oblivion. Generally when this happens the game performance drops to unacceptable levels because system memory is slower than video memory. It also doesn't help that the game will then become starved for actual system memory. This is why people on the BGS forum keep having to be told that their notebooks are not gaming rigs :P

Odd, I don't usually have any such problem, but then my laptop is a Dell XPS M1530 running (despite what the tech specs say at Dell) an Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz with 4GB ram, a WD 385GB hard drive, and an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT. :shrug:

OK. We now return you to your normally scheduled progam...talking about all the mods Arthmoor has in the "forever alpha file".

Well, I'd hardly call it "forever alpha" considering how many things Samson's (Arthmoor's if you prefer) released.

Oh you've got one of those things. Yes, the video chip has 256M of dedicated memory, and will happily rob the system pool to get more if you do something demanding. Like playing Oblivion. Generally when this happens the game performance drops to unacceptable levels because system memory is slower than video memory. It also doesn't help that the game will then become starved for actual system memory. This is why people on the BGS forum keep having to be told that their notebooks are not gaming rigs :P

Odd, I don't usually have any such problem, but then my laptop is a Dell XPS M1530 running (despite what the tech specs say at Dell) an Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz with 4GB ram, a WD 385GB hard drive, and an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT. :shrug:

OK. We now return you to your normally scheduled progam...talking about all the mods Arthmoor has in the "forever alpha file".

Well, I'd hardly call it "forever alpha" considering how many things Samson's (Arthmoor's if you prefer) released.

As weak as my computer, is it seems to run Oblivion acceptably. Granted, I have my entire secondary partition dedicated to VM (well, in theory at least). Oddly, I went through 2 or 3 of those "how to tweak Oblivion" sites; and pretty much everything I tried made no noticable difference. (Although my nephew strongly disagrees). So far, the only things that made any difference is a) using streamline to adjust how much game loads at a time oh, yea and run a purge every 10 minutes B) deleting (path) data/music (b2) setting bmusicenabled to 0 and c) unchecking v.sync. (It's a notebook, therefore the card and the monitor run at the same speed anyways.) Anyway, the Forever Alpha was supposed to be funny.

Wow, quoting issues aside, that sounds pretty rough. I've never had any problems running Oblivion on my desktop or laptop (I actually didn't install to my desktop (which is way better than my laptop spec-wise) until a couple of months after I started playing on my laptop), though I have had some minor issues with mod load order type stuff, but not until Dwip and Samson convinced me to try out mods beyond the ones I'd found on my own (a chase cam mod because my wife has issues with the default cam mode, an alternative start mod, and the dude where's my horse mod). :shrug:It was funny, but also in a not so kind manner. If it were my mods I'd not be pleased by that sort of joke, so I just thought it best to point out that he's actually totally not in that sort of class. :cool:

• 4 months later...

Necromantic bump for updates in the WiP post.

You have been a busy lizard!! I know about your Oblivion stuff of course, but wasn't aware of your Morrowind and F3 stuff.

Gad and I feel swamped with just three mods... :lol:

Precisely that. I've got how many mods I've been sitting on for how long now because I'm like "Man, I don't want to have to support all of it!"

Too much time on your hands. :P

Heh. Well support issues aren't as bad as you might think. If I stuck to JUST poking my own stuff it would be almost non-existant. It's all those other projects I've contributed to that still take up time. Especially the UL stuff.

• 4 months later...

Ye olde master thread has been poked and prodded with updates in the OPs. Of interest is likely to be the Skyrim addition to the WiP info.

• 2 years later...

I haven't read the whole thread, but I've tested Arthmoor's both Morrowind mods for quite some time now and surprisingly I haven't found any mods conflict so far except for two things that comes to mind.

First it's about Arthmoor's Merchant in Balmora and after I test it I can confirmed that it's compatible with these mods, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the Balmora Extension mod (there is also a Lite version) or not.

Morrowind Rebirth (should be compatible with Ashlander Transport too)

Improved Balmora

Both these mods are incompatible to each other due to editing the same exterior cell, but not incompatible with Arthmoor's Merchant mod.

The second thing is more related to lore than to a mod conflict.  Now this is my entirely my opinion about the Ashlander Transport mod specifically the transport NPC next to the Urshilaku Camp and that's located next to a Daedric ruin, but according to lore the Urshilaku are consider to be the most hostile to anyone regardless, if it's the Imperials, Great House(s) and to other factions except for the other Ashlander tribes, of the four Ashlander tribes that exist in Morrowind.

So I suggest to move the transport NPC a little to the east much nearer to the Dunmer stronghold Valenvaryon but not close to the stronghold though, because there are Orc worshipers gathered there which will attack on sight.  How far east from the Urshilaku Camp will the transport NPC be moved to well I know there is silt strider shell one or two cells to the west of Valenvaryon and I think it's a good spot. :)

• 6 months later...

Necromantic bump for updates in the WiP post.

Your All Natural - Weather mod needs to be updated especially since you have pass it on to Anda. ;)

I took a closer look at the timestamps for your Morrowind mods and as far I can tell both of them were saved in CS the 18th of July in 2002.

‎2002-07-18, â€â€Ž02:33:22 - Arthmoors_Merchant.esp

‎2002-07-18, â€â€Ž02:34:22 - Ashlander_Transports.esp

You know what people are used to say - a picture tells you a thousand words.

MGE Screenshot 7

Earlier in my game I sold a candle light, but I didn't expect your merchant to use it during the night.  Perhaps add to a vanilla torch to his inventory instead of burning out valuable goods. :P

I wonder if you have consider to add a least one merchant to the mainland when you're using the Tamriel Rebuilt mod and I know a least one good spot and that's near the docks in Helnim, which is south of Firewatch along the west coast and I think you can travel there by boat from either Sadrith Mora or Tel Branora. :)

I must install your Morrowind mods every time I install Morrowind and I cannot play the game without them.  Thank you for good mods. :D

Heh. I really need to update the OP at some point too :P

That pic with the merchant. Classic. I didn't even know he could do stuff like that.

The mod predates anything from TR so that's not going to happen. The Morrowind stuff is not going to be getting updated at this point, so they are what they are.

The mod predates anything from TR so that's not going to happen. The Morrowind stuff is not going to be getting updated at this point, so they are what they are.

I assume you would mind if someone wanted to create a TR-addon for your Merchant mod or am I mistaken. :)

• 3 months later...

Unofficial Oblivion Patch

To say that I've contributed to this may be a bit of an understatement these days as I have officially taken over maintenance of the project, along with the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch and the Unofficial DLC Patches.

None of these are seeing anywhere near the level of activity they once did, testament to having finally squashed most of the bugs that were left over in Oblivion. Should Bethesda one day decide to release a final cleanup of Oblivion, it sure would be nice to see the unofficial patches included in that :)

I'm not sure if you're aware of this Unfinished Patch mod or not, but it looks like there were some people back in 2006 that tried to fix the bugs in Oblivion.  It wouldn't hurt to take a look just see if there something you aren't aware of.

• 1 year later...

Yet another major necromantic bump for updates. A whole lot of them :P

I am curious on seeing the Lord Arthmoor's Palace mod once it is finished though has been 5 years since the mod was added as a work in progress and I am curious on seeing the Keld-Nar mod as I wonder how different Keld-Nar will play out compared to the time travelling mod that is The Forgotten City.