[RELz/Beta] Dwip's Mods

Dwip

And for good measure I finally wrote a readme for AFK_Map and put that up as well. And rabbit Alexander wept, for he had no more mods to upload. Or something.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Arthmoor

• Hana

• AndalayBay

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad I don't have the Frostcrag DLC so the AFK_Frsotcrag mod doesn't really serve much purpose for me. :shrug:

Um, sorta lost on all the issues about bloodlines, but, ok..

Nice screen shot, Hana. Looks very peaceful garden-ish.

Wow, I can't believe Samson posted a blog entry like that one and I didn't even post a comment to it...

Amazing, you two really went all out on those two lists, didn't you?

And for good measure I finally wrote a readme for AFK_Map and put that up as well. And rabbit Alexander wept for he had no more mods to upload. Or something.

Rabbit Alexander? :huh:

Do you have different, named, rabbits for different events or some such?

Back to on-topic, is AFK_Map a mod that replaces the in-game map then?

Well, you know. The whole Shard/Alsherok building experience was, what, six and change years of my life? Vast effort was expended.

What, you've never heard that particular Alexander bit before? Without the rabbits, perhaps.

Yeah, AFK_Map will replace the in-game map with a new one.

Wow I can't believe Samson posted a blog entry like that one and I didn't even post a comment to it...

Amazing, you two really went all out on those two lists, didn't you?

I can't believe that's been 4 years ago. Damn you Dwip and your nostalgia. I actually re-read it just now in full and got all sad about it.

Yes, we really did go all out and had some huge plans that just never saw the light of day. I bet I even still have copies of some of the undeveloped maps.

@Dwip:

Do you refer to a quote from the movie Die Hard?

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." Benefits of a classical education.

@Arthmoor:

4 years is a surprisingly long time, and just as surprisingly short when looked at in retrospect.

One small suggestion on your Frostcrag mod, some pics of what each furniture option looks like would be helpful. I know the QSFP software is less than ideal for this purpose but if nothing else, some Imageshack links to examples?

Yeah, part of my plan is to get some screenshots up where applicable. I just haven't got there yet.

Of course, ultimately I think most of this stuff is going to get mirrored to Nexus and I'll toss up a Bethsoft relz thread, but not quite yet.

Something odd looking about your stained oak texture. Blow it up to 200% and you should be able to see what I mean.

Also, your ESP has the masters reversed on the COBL version. It makes Wrye Bash scream in orange agony. (TES4Edit, sort masters, easy fix)

I will look into these things. I kind of jacked the stained oak without really testing it, so.

Something odd looking about your stained oak texture. Blow it up to 200% and you should be able to see what I mean.

Actually no, I'm not really sure what you're talking about here. It's a bit over-reflective in-game, but otherwise looks ok to me.

[edit] Also, and I do not believe I am telling you anything you did not already know, but the quote function for QSFP is kind of a piece of shit. I have no idea why the one up there is busted.

It didn't close ... /quote

You're not talking about my oak texture that you jacked from Snowy Dreams, are you?

Take it and load it into GIMP/Paint.NET and you should be able to tell. It looks like it has an odd checkerboard pattern in it, or lines, or something, that the others don't. I would have chosen it were it not for that, so I went with weathered oak.

Also, what Hana said, do not blame the software for your own error :P Do however feel free to insult it all you like, because it most certainly is shit compared to something like what BGS and TESA use, but it's difficult to justify spending $238 for the IP.Board license even though it's the best forum package on the planet.

I just had it in and out of GIMP 5-6 times, and I cannot for the life of me see what you're talking about. Looks fine in and out of game, although there are some trim issues I'm dealing with:

Which is to say, Hanaisse, that you're using 1024x1024 textures where you need to be using 1024x64 textures, unless you re-UVed all your furniture. Could also stand to take a 50% opacity eraser to all your normal maps to reduce the shiny, but that may just be me.And I guess I broke the quote trying to clean up after that
tag thing post quote leaves in there, which I think we'll blame on the software by extension. :P

Um, ok, see shot: http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4694/lineseverywhere.jpg

That's even just at 100% zoom. There are lines all across the thing. Ugly horizontal lines. They show up in Paint.NET, they show up when viewed with WTV, and in GIMP. The other textures don't have this.

Yes, THAT you can blame on the software, but you want to know what's really funny? The QSF code this is derived from, which I'm updating, doesn't have the
thing going on and I'm quite puzzled by that since they both use the same underlying system.

Ok, those lines. Yeah. Totally unnoticable in-game at all.

Speaking of which, AFK_Frostcrag updated to 1.01 to fix the master reordering issue and the texture issues, and the OP is updated with a ton of pics of the interior and furniture options.

Query: Is this modular furniture thing something people would enjoy having with AFK_Weye? It would be sort of a pain in the ass to mod the manor and make it work, but it could be done, and there's another update coming eventually anyway.

Well if there's an update pending anyway, and it's not too big a hassle, sure. That would be cool. I assume you don't mean in-game selection options here? I mean, that would rock and all, but I'd never expect someone to willingly go through that with as many options as you're implying. Speaking from some level of experience. :P

What you're seeing could be the result of a little too much sharpening or just a bad quality base texture but yeah, not that noticable in-game if at all. I was pretty proud of that one. Only you could point that out.

The earlier light oak furniture could have been redone to make it better. Yes I know the leather trim is too large and the normal maps probably suck donkey balls. Hey, I was a noob back then. :P

Speaking of mage portals, I've been doing a tutorial on glow maps that works on them. I could show you the results if you're interested in changing them up.

Hey, it's not like I was trying to find something wrong with it :P

No in-game preview shots left me with only one other way to know which one I wanted, not knowing what they all looked like. I'm surprised you guys never fixed whatever caused it to keep nitpickers like me at bay :)

• 5 months later...
Well' date=' this sure took a while to get around to.
Grabbed already! Thanks Dwip. It will probably take me another month to even look at it in-game, but I'll load it up :grinning: Don't get any time to play anymore... :cry: