[RELz/Beta] Dwip's Mods

Dwip

Dwip's Mods

Being a collection point for all of my released, sort of released, and unreleased mods.

4/24/16 - Added various Skyrim, F:NV, Oblivion work

11/24/11 - AFK_Weye updated to 2.32

8/27/11 - AFK_Weye updated to 2.31

7/30/11 - AFK_Weye updated to 2.3

7/5/11 - AFK_Frostcrag updated to 1.2

6/16/11 - AFK_Frostcrag updated to 1.1

6/13/11 - AFK_PrayerIdles updated to 1.01, most already released mods added to Nexus.

1/9/11 - AFK_Frostcrag updated to 1.01.

Released Mods (Skyrim)

Static Dovahkiin

Date: 9/14/14

AFK Mods download

Staticman, the hero Skyrim modding both deserves and needs right now.

This is a single piece Dovahkiin static nif meant for importing into your Blender modeling projects as a scale reference.

Unreleased Mods (Skyrim)

AFK_Bremberthwaite

Date: 4/5/14

AFK Mods thread

Messing around in Blender that was supposed to turn into my version of a player home in Skyrim, with the requisite quests and home improvements one should expect from AFK_Weye.

Released Mods (Fallout: New Vegas)

AFK_Emergency Services Rail Station

Version: 1.0

Date: 12/5/12

AFK Mods thread

AFK Mods download

Adds a player home to the rail station NE of Primm. The home has a number of conveniences, if the player has the skills and materials to fix it up for habitation.

Released Mods (Oblivion)

AFK_Weye

Version: 2.32

Date: 11/24/11

AFK Mods thread

Bethsoft thread

Nexus thread and download

AFK Mods download

AFK_Weye completely revitalizes the village of Weye outside the Imperial City, adding new buildings, new NPCs, and a Cyrodiil-spanning questline that faces you off against enemies new and old.

At the start of the mod, there are two new merchants in town. Thalonias is a wealthy traveling Breton for those players who like to receive a reasonable price for their items. Lucius Decimus owns a bow shop, selling bows and enchanted arrows. In addition, there are several more new NPCs living in four other new houses in town. Through quests, you can attract even more NPCs to town, some of whom offer their own services and quests.

Over the course of the quests, the possibility opens up for a player-owned house, and the main questline explores the house, its inhabitants, and lets you grow and breathe new life into both manor and town. In addition, there are several other quests, revolving around Weye and its inhabitants.

Most Weye NPCs are quest related in some way - talking to people and paying attention to them and their actions can open up more options or entirely new quests.

Much attention has been paid to creating believable NPCs - Most are at least as interesting as vanilla NPCs, and they will react to your adventures and to other people in town, tell you about their lives, and more.

See the Bethsoft or Nexus threads for more details, a full readme, and download.

AFK_PrayerIdles

Version: 1.01

Date: 6/13/11

Bethsoft thread

Nexus thread and download

AFK Mods download

AFK_PrayerIdles ties idle animations to many of the vanilla AI packages for priests and worshippers in the great chapels of Cyrodiil. Now, when an NPC with the proper AI package approaches an altar, they will choose between kneeling and standing praying animations. The result of these small changes is a much more atmospheric, religious chapel experience.

AFK_Tweaks

Version: 1.5

Date: 1/9/11

AFK Mods thread

AFK Mods download

Dwip's personal tweaks file. Makes a wide variety of changes to basic Oblivion, including skill progression, cosmetic changes, new clothes and armor, new loot, and new variety to enemy leveled lists. See the changelog for details.

AFK_GardenPaths Modder's Resource

Date: 1/2/11

AFK Mods download

Nexus thread and download link

Large stone walkways made out of doorstone objects. Modular, with most pieces corresponding to the existing sidewalk meshes. Some parts of this were included in AFK_Weye.

AFK_ICTempleCleanup

Date: 1/2/11

AFK Mods download

Cleans up the Imperial City Temple District a month after the events of the main quest, restoring the burnt trees and ripped-up streets to their former glory.

Includes a version for users of Let the People Drink.

AFK_Frostcrag

Version: 1.2

Date: 6/16/11

AFK Mods download

Entry Area

Bedroom

Garden

Summonable Oblivion Gate

Sitting Area

Oak Furniture

Stained Oak Furniture

Vanilla Furniture

Weathered Oak Furniture

Renovates Frostcrag Tower with better lighting, furnishings, and display cases. An Oblivion gate is included for post-main quest sigil hunting enjoyment.

You MUST have the Frostcrag Tower DLC to use AFK_Frostcrag.

AFK_Frostcrag attempts to be a low-impact, low-frills upgrade to the Frostcrag Tower DLC for those of us who liked the idea, thought the implementation needed a little help, but just want a home and not a lot of extras.

AFK_Map

Date: 1/3/10

AFK Mods download

A fixed up version of the vanilla map in three versions:

- Modified vanilla, showing a couple of roads that aren't in the stock version.

- Lost Spires version, showing a small road added by LS.

- New Roads and Bridges version, accurately showing all roads added by NR&B. This is the most accurate version available.

Also includes all combinations of these versions. Also includes various GIMP files to make it possible to create and modify roads.

The New Roads and Bridges part is included in TheNiceOne's Dynamic Map, which is more suitable for most people.

AFK_Blades_EQ

Version: 1.2

Date: 3/16/10

AFK Mods download

AFK_Blades_EQ adds several new sets of Blades armor and weapons to allow for a stylish Blades look through high levels without being penalized for the experience. In addition, it reworks the armor ratings on the Imperial Dragon armor to make it equal to Daedric or Glass, and increases the level on the enchantments to Grand. Lastly, a series of capes and cloaks are added in both a teal and gold Blades style and a crimson and black Imperial Dragon style. The new Blades equipment is available in a respawning armory chest in the Cloud Ruler Temple armory, while the new Imperial Dragon capes and cloaks are available in a respawning chest in the same location as the armor.

Unreleased Mods (Oblivion)

AFK_Arena

Date: 8/21/10

AFK Mods thread

This was supposed to be a sophisticated reworking of the entire Arena concept, with betting, more combats, and a series of quests revolving around arena fighters, some of whom would challenge the player for the title of Arena Champion.

AFK_Mausoleum

Date: 1/31/12

AFK Mods thread

A bunch of messing around in Blender that turned into a final resting place for the Septim emperors, including assorted pilgrims and a small village with a variety of quests.

Released Mods (Morrowind)

VivecBridge.esp

Date: 5/31/02

AFK Mods download

Almost certainly the first mod I ever did for a TES game. Added a small bridge connecting the Foreign Quarter and Hlaalu Canton in Vivec.

GuarCaravan.esp

Date: 6/6/02

AFK Mods download

And I quote: "Adds a chain of guar caravans in Balmora, Vivec, Caldera, and Pelagiad. Provides a little ease of travel between Balmora and Pelagiad mainly, since a large number of quests seem to go there, and the walk gets very, very old after a while."

This and the Vivec bridge were my two favorite and most important mods for Morrowind. It's no secret they both dealt with faster travel - in an age where you had to walk everywhere, anything to make that shorter was a big help.

ArmorFix.esp

Date: ??/??/03

AFK Mods download

As best I can recall, this mod made various fixes to some of the light and medium armor. What these fixes actually were, I can no longer say.

EECExpansion.esp

AFK Mods download

"This plugin allows you to finish off your Raven Rock Colony with the smithy or trader you passed up the first time. Additional expansion includes a complete city wall and a treasure vault in the Factor's Estate."

Apparently Arthmoor and I both worked on this. Which is good, because I don't remember doing any such thing.

TrollSign.esp

AFK Mods download

Adds a new Troll birthsign at Arthmoor's request. Fortifies magicka by 15, Endurance by 20, and gives 50% weakness to fire.

HlaaluQuests.esp

AFK Mods download

"Adds new quests to the Hlaalu stronghold at Rethan Manor, and fixes up a few of the existing NPCs. Also adds in another level of stronghold construction - Grandmaster level, for those of us looking for a little bit more oomph out of our strongholds."

My big mod for Morrowind was supposed to be a series of expansions to the three house strongholds, beginning with the Hlaalu stronghold, which was the only one that ever actually got finished. I think. Certainly a lot of work went into this by the standards of the day, although it amounts to the merest fraction of what I did with AFK_Weye.

This is what the exterior of the Hlaalu portion looked like. This is what the Redoran vault would have looked like.

Unreleased Mods (Morrowind)

Dwip.esp

Date: 6/3/02

And I quote: "The island of Alarion. Contains the Imperial Colony of Caelia and the surrounding areas." Apparently a half-finished town. Would have been about the size of Weye had it ever been completed. I vaguely remember some serious plans for this that obviously never happened.

DwipMannequin.esp

It seems that I made a wooden mannequin mod, or at the very least adapted somebody else's to my own ends. Pretty sure that this was a standalone version of something I was working on for a more complex mod involving the house strongholds.

Credits in Other People's Mods

Skyrim

Uncredited Work In Other People's Mods

Skyrim

Oblivion Total Body Count
  • Released (Skyrim) - 1
  • Released (Fallout: New Vegas - 1)
  • Released (Oblivion) - 8
  • Released (Morrowind) - 6
  • Unreleased (Skyrim) - 1
  • Unreleased (Oblivion) - 2
  • Unreleased (Morrowind) - 2
  • Credited (Skyrim) - 3
  • Credited (Oblivion) - 10
  • Uncredited (Skyrim) - 1
  • Uncredited (Oblivion) - 3

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Arthmoor

• Hana

• AndalayBay

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I keep telling myself I'm going to make this thread. Now I have. I've been busier than I thought.

As far as the unreleased/beta stuff goes, I am not immune to begging and pleading to get it done. Will also work for Cherry Coke.

AFK_GardenPaths, eh? This is new. Could you throw in a pic? (for those of us too lazy to go to Weye and see it)If you finish it, I promise to use it and send you a case of Cherry Coke. :)

How come you didn't list AFK_Arena?

Also, didn't know AFK_Map was used in Dynamic Map. Congrats!

Try this.

AFK_Arena (and AFK_Courtiers for that matter) aren't on the list because they're in way way super pre-alpha stage right now. The stuff on this list is stuff people might actually have some expectation of seeing at a non-distant point in the future.

Nice listing, Dwip. You've got plenty to be proud of there. :)Regarding your teaser picture, some of those stones are sticking up far enough, particularly given the spacing between stones, that a real person would be very likely to trip, or at least stub their toes, on them. :(

And if you look over in the downloads section, AFK_GardenPaths is now released. Now go use it.

And since I turned out to be right, AFK_ICTempleCleanup is officially released as well. The newly uploaded package is the same thing as I released back in August, with a fixed up readme to note that if you want to use the LtPD version, you need to clean it first. Apparently there's just no modding your way around deleted references.

You know, part of the reason I put up this thread was to spur me into getting my ass in gear and releasing some of the stuff I'd been sitting on for ages, but I didn't think I'd get it quite this much in gear.

Well yeah, you can't avoid deleted references. You either suffer with your mod in the wrong load order or you make people realize they need to clean up their stuff :P

And since I turned out to be right AFK_ICTempleCleanup is officially released as well. The newly uploaded package is the same thing as I released back in August, with a fixed up readme to note that if you want to use the LtPD version, you need to clean it first. Apparently there's just no modding your way around deleted references.

Very nice. :)

Well yeah you can't avoid deleted references. You either suffer with your mod in the wrong load order or you make people realize they need to clean up their stuff :P

So, that new construction set extender tool can't help with that?

You know part of the reason I put up this thread was to spur me into getting my ass in gear and releasing some of the stuff I'd been sitting on for ages, but I didn't think I'd get it quite this much in gear.

:lol: At least it had the desired effect. ;)

No, it can't. A deleted reference is a perfectly valid structure. CSE does not know these things are bad for other mods that may want to edit them. That's why people need to clean their mods themselves before they release them. So the players don't have to. You have no idea how many clock cycles have been wasted on it. Coulda put that energy to other uses :P

Now that the mod cleaning thing has been brought up...does cleaning a mod also involve undeleting and disabling deleted references in addition to remove identical to master ones?

I think of it like that, yeah. Identical to master stuff messes you up one way, and it's usually subtle but not absolutely deadly. Deleted stuff, though, if something else edits that deleted reference, the game crashes. So, you know. Important.

Folks, never do something like this:

Set tempCount to Player.GetItemCount "AlkanetFlower"

Passing a literal string to a function expecting an editor ID is bad. Your script will probably just silently die in the game, and the script compiler will not catch this, even in CSE. Cleaning up scripts in VHB has led to several which had passed misspelled ingredient/weapon/armor/whatever names to their set commands and should have screamed bloody murder about the error but couldn't.

Seriously, at this point I question how that poor mod is even working when >75% of it's scripts ALL have uncatchable errors in them.

Uh... or this for that matter:

Player.GetItemCount VHLibImport2Receipt== 1

Insidious, because the compiler thinks VHLibImport2Receipt== is some kind of name, too dumb to realize you left the space out.

It seems to me an identical to master record would normally just make the processor "work harder"; you know because it processed the building/character/random object once in the master record and again in the slave record. Am I wrong about this?

Samson, you have your Caret backwards. The hungry fish eats the larger of the two numbers. ;)

And if you look over in the downloads section AFK_GardenPaths is now released. Now go use it.

Awesome, thank you. Going to use, cause I remember them now and they are cool.

You know part of the reason I put up this thread was to spur me into getting my ass in gear and releasing some of the stuff I'd been sitting on for ages, but I didn't think I'd get it quite this much in gear.

You're welcome. Case of Cherry Coke on its way.

Samson you have your Caret backwards. The hungry fish eats the larger of the two numbers. ;)

Uh, no, it's not backward. I really did mean that more than 75% of its scripts had compile errors the vanilla CS couldn't catch.

So for nostalgia value, I added on a fragmentary history of everything I ever did for Morrowind, too.

@Samson - That percentage is ludicrous and ridiculous. How does it even run?

@Hanaisse - Yeah, shoulda stuck something in the center there to break the fall, but I guess I assumed most people would check it in the CS anyway. Or just use tcl.

Well I'm given to understand that despite the huge endorsements and glowing reviews it gets (probably Nexus effect) that it doesn't. This is backed up by my experience with it. I had to fix numerous things before I could get as far as I have with it. Everything ranging from silly dialogue errors to land tears caused by the the mod without any help from other mods. It takes a certain amount of specific effort to cause a land rip in your own ESP. The stuff of legend once thought to only be possible with unregulated use of TES4Edit. Yet the VHB guy did it before we had such dangerous toys and it leaves you to wonder.

Now, as I'm finding out, path grids in nearly every interior are hosed in some way, which might just explain why the actual town seems empty most of the time.

Really it HAS been a great story, it's just badly marred by an ocean of bugs. It's about like what releasing Feldscar or Faregyl would be if nobody bothered to playtest it. At all. Ever. You know how hard it is for us to debug our own work, imagine debugging someone else's work you know nothing about.

Also, you are inspiring me in some way to want to post my own "this is my stuff" thread. Complete with such goodies as an abortion of our Alsherok TC that never saw the light of day.

And how could you not remember your Raven Rock expansion? That and your stronghold mod were my two most favorite Morrowind mods of all time back in the day.

@Dallen - Verona House: Bloodlines.

@Samson - I kinda sorta remember working on a wall. I remember talking about making the mod. I don't remember a damn thing other than that. Dunno why.And yeah, you should have a pretty epic post too. abortive Alsherok TC FTW.

Also, for the MUD tie-in version of this particular brand of semi-nostalgia, this and this.

Oh, that would explain why I didn't know what we're talking about. I have steam goty deluxe, therefore, I "can't" run bloodlines. It interferes with one or the other of the DLC's I have.

Then this would be your golden opportunity to explain the problem. It just might get fixed along with all these damn path grids :P

In the continued vein of getting off my ass and finishing shit, AFK_Frostcrag 1.0 is now live for download over on the side there. Fixed the remaining crash bugs, did some stuff with furniture, couple other things here and there.