[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Arthmoor

Regarding the following fix in v. 2.0.0: A Jarl's Justice (DLC1RH07) could only pick Dawnstar or Riften as targets because the Jarls in every other city were in reserved aliases. The quest should now be able to choose a target from any hold capital.

There was also an issue where this quest was not being offered by Isran after completing Season Unending and/or it may possibly have something to do with completing the civil war sided with the Imperial Legion. Was this looked into and will the above fix solve this problem as well? I remember discussing this bug with Arthmoor and PrinceShroob via chat and can't remember what was concluded about the quest not being offered at all by Isran maybe due to one or both of the reasons that I mentioned above. Thank you.

Good chance that's part of the same problem. Give it a spin on the betas. If not, it's a different issue.

Good chance that's part of the same problem. Give it a spin on the betas. If not, it's a different issue.

Thanks, I'll give it a try and report back at a later point when I get to that point on my current game.

It has nothing to do with "Season Unending" or the civil war and everything to do with the reserved aliases and voice type restrictions placed by Bethesda in determining the Jarl.

Ulfric, Maven, and Idgrod Ravencrone can never be the Jarl chosen for this quest because they either have a unique voice or the actress did not return for Dawnguard. Then, the city dialogue quest for the Jarl or any other quest cannot be reserving the Jarl's reference, but very few Jarls aren't reserved.

But, since most Jarls' voice actors returned for Dawnguard, and if we allow reserved references for their alias, then one can in theory be sent to any court, barring Windhelm-with-Ulfric, Riften-with-Maven, or Morthal-with-Idgrod, though, of course, we cannot guarantee that the SM nodes will choose the courts totally randomly.

It has nothing to do with "Season Unending" or the civil war and everything to do with the reserved aliases and voice type restrictions placed by Bethesda in determining the Jarl.

Ulfric, Maven, and Idgrod Ravencrone can never be the Jarl chosen for this quest because they either have a unique voice or the actress did not return for Dawnguard. Then, the city dialogue quest for the Jarl or any other quest cannot be reserving the Jarl's reference, but very few Jarls aren't reserved.

But, since most Jarls' voice actors returned for Dawnguard, and if we allow reserved references for their alias, then one can in theory be sent to any court, barring Windhelm-with-Ulfric, Riften-with-Maven, or Morthal-with-Idgrod, though, of course, we cannot guarantee that the SM nodes will choose the courts totally randomly.

Thanks for the reply. As long as it is fixed so that most other courts can be chosen besides Riften-with-Laila and Dawnstar-with-Skald (as I was experiencing), the fix with v. 2.0 should be good enough. I still haven't progressed far enough into my game (on PC w/ the USKP) to experiment with this yet.

A small error in the most recent changelog:

"Some activators with invalid weapon rack scripts have been corrected."

This is actually not true. It should read:

"Some activators that were mistakenly linked to an enable parent have been fixed."

Better though (so people know what is meant, since the glitchy racks in the player's room are a well known issue):

"The weapon rack activators in the player's room of Fort Danwguard that were mistakenly linked to an enable parent have been fixed."

Thanks, will update the doc with the more specific one about the player's room. Hell, I didn't even know the player got one :P

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.0.0 is now live - loads of fixes, refer to the official changelogs for all the details.

IMPORTANT!

When upgrading, update EVERY unofficial patch you are using AT THE SAME TIME. Simply overwrite the files, run BOSS, and then load your game. Everything should drop into place nicely. Attempting to piecemeal update these patches will result in Bad Things™.

If you are using the beta, you MUST NOT use a save that is currently using it. Reload one from before you began testing so that all of the retroactive fixes will take effect. Failure to do this will result in some fixes being ignored.

• 3 weeks later...

A hotfix has been issued:

• The base vampire dialogue script was accidentally shut down in all cases because the command to do so was outside the proper script block it belonged to.

• 1 month later...

A candlestick (xx0102ca) in Fort Dawnguard still falls to the floor despite a fix with UDGP 2.0.0. It appears to still be placed on the ground from looking in the CK.

- Edit: this one is still placed on the floor; appears it didn't get fixed in the previous release.

A dwemer chest (xx0168b2) in Arkngthamz cannot be accessed (opened). Is it supposed to be lootable?

- Edit: from looking in the CK, the activator looks like it is badly placed.

Edit: see issue #14507

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 2.0.1 is now live. Make sure you update ALL FOUR patches at the same time or Bad Things™ will result.

The Soul Trap fix in USKP was not applied to the Soul Tear shout in UDGP. Since USKP replaces magicSoulTrapFXScript, and adds new properties, this is going to be a problem. Probably enough to warrant a hotfix, IMO.

:facepalm: Alright, yes, that's probably going to need to happen. It never even occurred to me that Soul Tear was using the same script.

Hotfix 2.0.1a rolled out tonight:

UDGP Fixes

• The 3rd level of the Soul Tear shout allows soul trapping targets and thus required the properties for its script to be updated to match the USKP. Due to this, the UDGP now explicitly requires the USKP as a master.

• 2 weeks later...

UDGP 2.0.2 beta is up, second post has the details.

Don't be surprised if you get updates about Drain Vitality. Some alias data got corrupted on the version tracking quest so we had to change the form ID to force the game to fix it.

the newly implemented crown does not give the custom fit bonus, unless it is changed to a light armor helmet. with the elven keyword, it only allows the bonus from matching set. but without the custom fit bonus it is still just half of a real armor set.

We already addressed that for go-live after finding substantial evidence that they did in fact intend this to be a light armor helmet and that it was simply left out and whoever set the stats on it originally thought it was supposed to be a circlet.

Not sure what to make of this, but it was by far the scariest thing I found in the Soul Cairn, came close to peeing my pants when I turned around and saw it there.

It has the form ID 03169fc, I can provide a save if needed though it is quite modded

GVWCjSS.jpg

Not sure what to make of this, but it was by far the scariest thing I found in the Soul Cairn, came close to peeing my pants when I turned around and saw it there.

I think I would have had a heart attack.  :huh:  :lol:

You sure about that form ID? It turns up nothing in TES5Edit.

I think this was just a blip, I checked the location after I completed the quest line and it was gone. Perhaps the mannequin script is acting up again?

hi unofficial dawnguard patch have bug on dawguard armor and dawnguard weapons their power ageinst vampire has been remove please fix this

sorry i was wrong

Only the description has been removed, the power is still there. The description was replaced by a loading screen. Because of this change you can now enchant the armor.The unofficial patches do come with an exhaustive patchlog.