[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

My internet is out and I'm using my phone. For some reason I cannot find the tracker. It might be that the forum software automatically launches in a mobile format. Anyway I'll post the problem and hopefully someone will be kind enough to copy paste where necessary in the tracker.

Repairing the phial quest.

It would not recognize the briar heart when obtained from the designated forsworn. The only way for it to recognize the briar heart was to have one in inventory prior to obtaining the quest.

In looking at the scripts I think it is due to the player alias script calling the old function rather than the modified new function used for when the player already has a briar heart on hand.

I've noticed that 0002965c and 0002965d (antlers [objects] at Darklight Tower) cause damage to the player's health if the player collides (touches them). Is there any reason to believe that this is intentional? I wanted to make sure that it was unintentional before adding it to the tracker.

Evidently they are havok objects, so there's probably nothing wrong.

you could try to raise their weight and maximum velocity with nifscope. that's what USKP does to the handcarts since 1.0, and it works quite well. it's a bit tricky, because for some values havok will start to behave odd. that's what i fixed for the handcart in 2.0.

if you open a tracker entry, you could include a list of objects, that behave "too light". many other skeleton parts do this, too iir. then maybe they could be fixed in one swoop (or at least tried to be fixed, no garanty this will work for every object).

also, i heard the same about sabre cat corpses etc.

Those could easily pass for moon shadows.

So I don't think we'd fix it even if such a thing was possible.

Those could easily pass for moon shadows.

Position of sun and moon is never the same so they dont easily pass for moon shadows.

even if such a thing was possible.

Can be fixed with imagespace modifier.

man Arathmoor you are going to town on the papryus script bugs!!!! 9 pages down XD

Yep. My travel logs will be much cleaner! :)

I'm longing for the beta now.

So...is anyone else having an issue with an exploding fence mesh in Whiterun with 2.0.0a? I was tempted to submit this to the bug tracker, but I'm hesitant to add more junk to the pile there. Thought I'd post here and see what you folks made of it, first. Here goes:

Myself, along with two other users on the Steam forums, have noticed that the fence mesh for the cowpen in Whiterun is exploding/melting/generally misbehaving. See here and here for an example of what I'm talking about. (I had a really bad instance of it in my game earlier today...don't ask me why I didn't think to screenshot it. I don't know. But from personal experience the glitch is different visually each time, and is also only visible from certain camera angles.)

We ruled out a GPU/driver issue, since one of us has an Nvidia card and the other two (me included) have AMD. That led us to comparing mod lists, and aside from SKSE/SkyUI, the only mod all three of us have in common is the USKP.

That then led me to searching through the changelog for 2.0.0a, and in turn bug #13691, fixed in 2.0.0a. Since that applies to the exact same mesh we're having an issue with, my initial suspicion is that that's our culprit. Any thoughts?

I apologize if this has been reported already. I did a quick search of the forums here and the tracker but didn't turn up anything--doesn't mean it hasn't been reported elsewhere. I'm also not sure why only a few people have run into it, too. (It could be a conflict between the USKP and another mod, but I don't have any mods that change/touch that mesh, and again, the USKP is one of the few mods all three of us have in common.)

Full thread on the Steam Discussion forums is here, for reference. Let me know if there's any more info you need me to provide.

are you three using ENB? (not saying it's at fault, but that could narrow the issue down quicker, since we would know which shaders to look for, i.e. which shader flag on the mesh may be at fault (again not saying any mesh is at fault, but it may be worth a look i guess)

also a pastebin of your ini files may be a better insight that your load orders.

edit: after 5 minutes of running around and jumping over that fence i can tell you that i not once saw something wrong with it.

I'm not using ENB at all, and never have. Not sure about the other two. Here are my inis; I'll ask the other two to post theirs in the Steam discussion thread. AFAIK (or remember), I haven't really made any ini tweaks. Disabled shadows on grass, and I believe Enhanced Blood and iHUD make some tweaks to SkyrimPrefs.ini. That's it. I'm pretty low key on the visual mods side myself.

For what it's worth, I didn't start seeing this glitch until just recently either. I updated to 2.0.0a from...whatever version was last posted on the Workshop shortly after it came out, and then carried on for several tens of hours. My save has 119 hours in it now and it's only cropped up the last couple times I've been to Whiterun--in the last 20 hours of gameplay, I want to say.

Damn, I had this issue 3-4 times with this specific mesh. But I thought it was a driver problem because everything went back fine after a reload or cell change. I'm an ENB user too, and one of the related issue is  13696.

So...is anyone else having an issue with an exploding fence mesh in Whiterun with 2.0.0a?

Yep, though it "travels" (different parts of the fence) and is intermittent.

I'm not using any ENB mods.

Yep, though it "travels" (different parts of the fence) and is intermittent.

I'm not using any ENB mods.

Yeah, this is what I've noticed as well. It comes and goes and seems to spring from different parts of the mesh. You can also make it go away (for a while) by disabling and re-enabling the fence.

I've since heard back from the other two players on Steam; neither of them are using ENB, so I think we can rule that out. One of them has also since posted their inis.

Strange, yet confirmed. Filed it in Bug #14598. If we can't figure out a cause before 2.0.1 is ready it'll be pulled temporarily. Though that will bring back the defects we were fixing obviously.

I want to ask a question regarding USKP.

Has anyone made a Skyrim Wiki that includes the changes from this patch?

I was on a hunt for ebony ore, I decided to look at a wiki and it told me there was ebony in redbelly, unfortunately when I got there all I could find was iron, the bottom of the page said it was swapped with USKP. I would like to know at the top of the page to be honest.

I was partially misled because the entry says it is an ebony mine.

I feel as if I cannot trust wiki pages if they do not include USKP changes as the main follow because of changes they do not address from Unofficial patches. I am not badmouthing the patches but I wish "some" of the wikis were more reliable regarding the unofficial patches rather than "only" relying on vanilla patches.

well, 2/3 of the population can not even install the USKP on their playstations or xboxes, so i think it's better to keep it as is.

feel free to open your own wiki though, but don't expect any miracles.

in the grans scheme of things USKP is just "another mod" and if you change your game experience using it you are somewhat equired to inform yourself about the changes from said mod.

USKP has a rather exhaustive changelog, too. but then again: everythung is documented.

be glad the uskp is even mentioned in the big wikis.

p.s.: the uskp team has nothing to do with the wikis and they also do not add their changelogs to all the respective wiki pages, so don't even expect the notes section of them to be anywhere near a complete coverage of uskp changes.

I know... :(

I would like to make a dedicated wiki with USKP included but... I don't know enough about the ingame content to do so.

It was out of frustration, my apologies...

A situation like Redbelly Mine might warrant at least adding a note about that on the page, but that would be in whatever "Notes" section exists and would be subject to whatever policy the wiki site has in place about adding information like that from mods.

As far as a clone of one of the wikis with USKP changes accounted for, that's largely unnecessary as the USKP is not meant to substantially change the game.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but after I successfully jumped from Bard's Leap Summit (in the Reach) and Azzadal appeared. I noticed that he was playing his lute, but it was not making any sound. Does anyone know if this is a bug or is this intentional due to the fact that he's a ghost?