[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

After visiting Gallow's Rock for the second time on my current game, I noticed that Skjor's body is still in the same spot (where it was during "The Silver Hand" quest) some three months later (in-game time). Was he deliberately not disabled (or removed) from the game to avoid problems (e.g. him re-appearing alive again at Joravaskr) or is this something that could be addressed? I can put a note in the tracker if necessary. (issue #14299)

Another question:

Are Gallow's Rock and Driftshade Refuge supposed to respawn silver hand bandits (rather than regular bandits) even after completing the Companions questline? I realize these are both radiant locations and are meant to respawn, but it just seems odd, because I thought the point of several of the Companions quests (notably Purity of Revenge) was to completely wipe out the Silver Hand.

Any thoughts on either or both of these "issues" would be appreciated.

If he's still there after all that time it points more to an alias somewhere still keeping hold of his reference. It would be safer to find that and clear it at the appropriate time rather than running him through the cleanup script since the "cleanup" isn't really what it seems.

Considering he's in a fort and not a town, is it even worth it to clean him up?

Besides, the alias ref is used in various C00 functions, so clearing that is a no-no.

But, BOYD could handle this, given that it seems odd for Aela to leave his corpse.

Once he's dead though his alias in C00 is largely irrelevant and would warrant the same kind of attention we gave to the vamp corpses in Volkihar that never rotted away on death. Aela probably should "get rid of it" but as I recall the situation is a bit tense and perhaps not entirely safe to hang around to be hauling corpses.

Processing him to the cleanup cell will result in his corpse never actually being purged from the game. Technically that cell is actually a source of minor bloat because the player can never enter it and thus trigger a cell respawn event.

It might be time for a general review on how the USKP is using the cleanup script and to make sure it's only doing it in cases where NPCs from population centers are handled by it. That may already be the case but it won't hurt to check.

So am I gathering that the Skjor situation is something that I should add to the tracker? I'm seeing mixed opinions on this.

I added it to the tracker (issue #14299)

Also:

Another question:

Are Gallow's Rock and Driftshade Refuge supposed to respawn silver hand bandits (rather than regular bandits) even after completing the Companions questline? I realize these are both radiant locations and are meant to respawn, but it just seems odd, because I thought the point of several of the Companions quests (notably Purity of Revenge) was to completely wipe out the Silver Hand.

I don't know if this ^ is something that could (or should) be changed or if it is better to leave it alone.

Once he's dead though his alias in C00 is largely irrelevant and would warrant the same kind of attention we gave to the vamp corpses in Volkihar that never rotted away on death. Aela probably should "get rid of it" but as I recall the situation is a bit tense and perhaps not entirely safe to hang around to be hauling corpses.

Processing him to the cleanup cell will result in his corpse never actually being purged from the game. Technically that cell is actually a source of minor bloat because the player can never enter it and thus trigger a cell respawn event.

It might be time for a general review on how the USKP is using the cleanup script and to make sure it's only doing it in cases where NPCs from population centers are handled by it. That may already be the case but it won't hurt to check.

I've mentioned before that the cleanup script itself makes the actors persistent, and that the bodies are never cleared, even during cell reset, even if you entered the cell. I have tested this -- the bodies -- even J'dtharr, who is a dynamic ref -- are not purged on cell reset, even if you enter the cell.

Further, you're ignoring that clearing Skjor's alias would screw up the PickRadiantQuest() and CycleRadiantQuest() functions and throw log errors, and further, that Skjor's alias cannot be cleared because his alias is not optional.

First I want to say I sincerely apologize if this is the wrong place to ask about this.  I tried searching and didn't find any relevant threads.  

Anyway, the issue I am having is with the Shield of Solitude not being disenchantable anymore.  I did find one thread over at  the nexus forums (here) where someone else was having the issue, and I'll quote my response in that thread here as it sums up what I found.   If it wasn't supposed to be disenchantable, so be it.   But if that was an unintentional side-effect of some other fix, I thought you guys should know.

Glad I found this.  I was trying to figure out what I'd done as well because of the exact same issue.  Based on what you said, I checked the changelog for the USKP and found the following entries:

• v1.0 - (2012-04-07):  The level 32-39 Shield of Solitude (10EB63) now has the correct level enchantment, not the weaker one for the level 25-31 version
  • v1.0 - (2012-04-07):  Fixed the following weapons and armor not being improvable at a workbench or grindstone:  ... Shield of Solitude (9E023/10EB62/3/4/5
  • v1.2.7 - (2013-01-18):  The Shield of Solitude was incorrectly set to use impact sounds for light armor and incorrectly flagged as light shield material.
  • v2.0.0 - (2013-10-28):  Enchantments MS06EnchShieldL12, MS06EnchShieldL18, MS06EnchShieldL25, MS06EnchShieldL32, and MS06EnchShieldL40 (used by the Shield of Solitude) were all set to the incorrect base enchantment type. (Bug #13615)
Just based on date ( and hey, the fact that it is about enchantments ) as I never encountered this until this last playthrough, I'm guessing it's that bug #13615 fix in v2.0.0.  

It might be a bugfix instead of an accidental error, though.  Should the shield have always been disenchantable or was that a goof on Bethesda's part?  I'm registering over at afkmods so I can ask in the USKP forum.  Tried to search by that bug # to get any relevant information, but I think I am too stupid to figure out their system.

First I want to say I sincerely apologize if this is the wrong place to ask about this.  I tried searching and didn't find any relevant threads.  

Anyway, the issue I am having is with the Shield of Solitude not being disenchantable anymore.  I did find one thread over at  the nexus forums (here) where someone else was having the issue, and I'll quote my response in that thread here as it sums up what I found.   If it wasn't supposed to be disenchantable, so be it.   But if that was an unintentional side-effect of some other fix, I thought you guys should know.

The shield has never been disenchantable to the best of my knowledge. I used to play the game on the Xbox 360 console and never was able to disenchant it, so I don't believe it was ever meant to be disenchanted, unless the USKP has done something to change that. 

^

Never mind, I was thinking of a different shield in the game.

It appears that the 2.0.0 version of the USKP fixed an issue with the enchantment being unbalanced and corrected this to make the resistance to magic the same strength and type as all other Resist Magic effects. It should be able to be disenchanted unless something in the latest USKP changed that by mistake. Arthmoor or one of the other people who work on the Unofficial Patches would be able to confirm whether there is a problem or not.

Really, the only reason I even bring this up is because the ability to enchant a ring or necklace or shield with two resist magics once you had that top enchant perk was kinda awesome :)  And the Shield of Solitude one was a smidge stronger to boot.  That said, as I mentioned before, if that's always been a bug (or deemed to be... I trust the USKP folks' judgement on these things) then so be it.

The Shield of Solitude was, as the most recent bug entry said, using the wrong base enchantment type. So if it's now not disenchantable, it's likely because you have that enchantment learned already. Items are never meant to give a specific level of their enchantments. They're all supposed to point to the base version of those.

Fair enough, and thanks for the quick reply!  Like I said, if it was a bug then it was a bug.  Just gonna miss being able to make a ring with 45% resist magic (25% SoS's resist magic and 20% normal resist magic) :)  Then again, on the flip side, it's a pretty kicking shield to give a follower...

But just to clarify, it didn't actually give you what the shield itself actually had.  It was simply a stronger version of resist magic that scaled with your enchanting skill just like the other resist magic.I -think- the shield right now itself gives 30% resist magic on the shield itself as I got it at level 45, but before USKP 2, you could disenchant it for a different resist magic that gave up to 25% max (not including elixir boosts.)

What I guessing (I honestly don't know as I couldn't figure out how to look up that bug number) your bugfix did was remove the separate resist magic enchantment the SoS had and  tied it directly to the normal one that everything else in game  has?

What the fix did was set the EnchArmorResistMagic01 to EnchArmorResistMagicBase like it was supposed to be on the 5 enchantment records used by the shield at its various levels.

What I guessing (I honestly don't know as I couldn't figure out how to look up that bug number) your bugfix did was remove the separate resist magic enchantment the SoS had and  tied it directly to the normal one that everything else in game  has?

If you have trouble finding a bug by its number in the future, try using the version history's neat little box.

Also, for further reference, the direct address to a bug report is www.afkmods.com/index.php?app=trac&module=issues&section=issues&do=view&id=XX. Just replace the XX's with its number.

• 2 weeks later...

Long time user of UOP, new user to Skyrim as well as USKP.

I have a question regarding an issue I have experienced and whether it was fixed or not. Searching the change log netted no results.

Radiant quests that have the option of occuring in dungeons that don't respawn after being cleared once from a non-radiant quest. Have this been fixed, either by having these dungeons now respawn or by removing them for the possible locations for radiant quests? I have experienced this at least twice so far in a play through without the USKP, It's one thing I hope has been fixed.

Also, certain non-radiant Companion quests, specificaly the totem quest and the ones to purify certain members of being a werewolf. The fact that they get pooled together with the random ones makes it quite hard to start them, especially the totem one. Any chance that has been looked into as well?

Aerin will still perform scenes with Mjoll even if she's no longer in Riften due to being married or recruited by the Blades. (Bug #13521)

This bug can also be triggered by a mod that doesn't have the USKP fixes included even if Mjoll aren't married nor is she recruited by the Blades.  However this re-triggered bug issue is easy to solve by deactivate the mod in question.

I've noticed that beehives fall off the tree (or other object they are attached to) immediately when getting close to them, when the cell has reset (after 10+ days), especially if they have been knocked down previously. This particular hive (000ecbfe) is located near Lost Knife Hideout (Eastmarch). Is this something that could be fixed? If so, I will add it to the tracker; I don't think it's an engine issue but am not completely sure.

The script for beehives is simply:

BeeHiveHavokOnHit.psc

Event OnLoad()
;   Debug.Trace("This object is loaded, playing animations should work now")
  self.SetMotionType(Motion_Keyframed, true)
endEvent

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, bool abSneakAttack, bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked)
;   Debug.Trace("I just got hit by something")
	self.SetMotionType(Motion_Dynamic, true)
endEvent

The script for beehives is simply:

BeeHiveHavokOnHit.psc

Event OnLoad()
;   Debug.Trace("This object is loaded, playing animations should work now")
  self.SetMotionType(Motion_Keyframed, true)
endEvent

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, bool abSneakAttack, bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked)
;   Debug.Trace("I just got hit by something")
	self.SetMotionType(Motion_Dynamic, true)
endEvent

Does this mean that it is working as it should? I'm not nearly as adept at interpreting these scripts as you guys, so maybe I'm misunderstanding something. It just seems like they should reset to their previous state (i.e. they should stay on the tree) after the cell resets and not fall to the ground again unless hit again (like I have experienced). I don't recall ever knocking the hives down, but it's possible that another creature or NPC was responsible for knocking them down to begin with and then they never reset back to the way they were completely (where they stay put and attached to whatever object they were originally attached to).

I'm no papyrus expert so I can't say if it's working correctly, it looks like it should, but it does leave me with a few questions:

If the cell hasn't reset then wouldn't the hive be set to remain stationary on the floor until hit?

There is also a critter spawner for bees next to the hive, should that not be deactivated until the hive respawns?

Finally, not a question, I can't see what would be causing it to fall to the ground after a cell reset has occured. Should probably make a test cell and try to see how exactly it behaves under those conditions. (Unless somebody else can see the issue already)

These are just me writing down notes, questions are directed at nobody in particular, but feel free to answer.

First question would be easy enough to solve, just needs a bool to be flipped on cell reset then used to check if the first part should run or not. Flip it back ir it does.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if someone could tell me if the following two issues are bugs or things that could (or should be fixed):

(1), (2)

Please see description (notes) under each image.

I was wondering if someone could tell me in the following two issues are bugs or things that could (or should be fixed):

(1), (2)

Please see description (notes) under each image.

Haven't checked the mudcrab yet, but my guess is wrong lvl list.

I've been taking pictures of hoes 50 feet in the air. Happens a lot on farm near Whiterun.

Haven't checked the mudcrab yet, but my guess is wrong lvl list.

I've been taking pictures of hoes 50 feet in the air. Happens a lot on farm near Whiterun.

I put the mudcrab issue into the tracker (#14506). I'm assuming the floating hoes are engine related, unless someone can say otherwise, so won't add an issue for that one.