[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

That line from the readme is outdated. Must have missed it when fixing them up. Oddly, the UDBP readme doesn't have that line so I must have started out removing them and got sidetracked :P

So I have some interesting things happening with dialog that never happened before.

Certain people have new and missing dialog and I'm trying to find out what edited it and if its actually intended. Proventus and Elisif at the Thalmor party for example have new dialog as well as no longer have certain old dialog anymore. Delphine also does not tell me to tell Esbern about the 30th of frostfall and I also don't have the option to tell Esbern about it either, a new dialog path anbout being dragonborn is now available.

Was it the USKP that modified these things?

Proventus and Elisif had some previously bugged dialogue fixed so that it would show up in the proper conditions. Otherwise you get their old dialogue.

As far as Esbern's dialogue, nope. The USKP only fixed a couple of subtitle typos in that. If Delphine never told you about the 30th of Frostfall, that seems like something broken entirely since you'd never be able to talk to Esbern at all since her mentioning it is the only thing that brings Diplomatic Immunity to and end and starts A Cornered Rat. All of Esbern's dialogue is part of Cornered Rat.

You've always been able to tell him you're Dragonborn btw.

I just happened to be running through Delphine and the Embassy quests. In my case, no one was actually talking to each other at the party. :lol::shrug:

When I returned to Delphine to get A Cornered Rat, she told me about the 30th of Frostfall just fine.

I just ran the Riften part of Cornered Rat and Esbern had the option for the 30th of Frostfall as well - you do have to scroll down the list to find it though.

• 4 weeks later...

New Game with 2.1.3a, there were enough [NR] since 2.0.8 that I figured it was time.

All those barrels in RIverwood not being free anymore sure makes the early game even harder! Figured out that I'd better talk to Alvor, so that his freindship allows the one outside his door to store Helgen stuff temporarily.

But I'm here to note that Orgnar doesn't always have his innkeeper sales dialogue (or his alchemy dialogue either). Had to talk to him at least 3 times before it showed up. Never saw this problem before!

He does properly greet (one of several greetings) now, although you have to hang around the door to get it. Delphine's "Orgnar, Orgnar" seems to take precendent.

There's an extra Goodbye flag somewhere, as he kicked me off the conversation after one of the rumors.

Where should I look for fixing this problem?

His initial scene with Delphine has priority. That will play first, then afterward he'll deliver the normal tavern NPC greeting. From there he should be running his normal stuff just fine.

His initial scene with Delphine has priority. That will play first, then afterward he'll deliver the normal tavern NPC greeting. From there he should be running his normal stuff just fine.

I'm reporting that he's not running his normal stuff just fine! I've re-run through this many (8) times from entering the building, and now he never has the sales and alchemy lines.

I'm also wondering whether stopping the conversation in the middle was actually his sales lines kicking on, rather than a stray Goodbye flag.

Esthetically, his Innkeeper door greeting should be first, as Delphine isn't in the room yet. She comes out of her bedroom as you walk up the length of the inn. She should start talking after the door greeting. It would improve the timing, and be easier to hear as you get nearer.

Looks like this is somewhat complicated interaction with Story Manager versus quest aliases filling slowly. We have a win (random door greeting), and a loss (Innkeeper dialogue stalled). Possibly a missing Allow Reserved flag on the alias?

I just went to the Sleeping Giant with a fresh new character, vanilla start, almost no mods, and everything was fine for me. I could buy stuff to Orgnar and start the alchemy tutorial quest.

Same - I can't find anything wrong from testing either. In my opinion, no improvements or changes are necessary since everything seems to be working properly the way it is already.

I'm reporting that he's not running his normal stuff just fine! I've re-run through this many (8) times from entering the building, and now he never has the sales and alchemy lines.

I'm just telling you what my game is doing, with a pile of mods I play with, and in the testing installs I have. Orgnar behaves fine, I can find no issues with his dialogue chains. He may well have a stray goodbye somewhere but you've not given anyone any information with which to find it.

Esthetically, his Innkeeper door greeting should be first, as Delphine isn't in the room yet. She comes out of her bedroom as you walk up the length of the inn. She should start talking after the door greeting. It would improve the timing, and be easier to hear as you get nearer.

That's been tried. It breaks Delphine's scene with him if there's an attempt to bump it. It became part of a hotfix even. So no, we're not messing with that one again.

Just an FYI, we've issued the final packaged for the USKP, UDGP, UHFP, and UDBP. These had some minor fixups and cleaned up the readmes a bit.

USLEEP public beta should be ramping up soon. Internal testing has gone well and no problems that weren't easily resolved cropped up along the way.

I couldn't find any changelog for UDGP and UDBP, is it intended ?

Apparently there weren't any significant changes made to either of those DLC patches that warranted documenting in the change log even though they were modified. There may have just been a few minor cleanup fixes - I'm not exactly sure what specifically. Looks like there was no documentation for one or more of them in the previous hotfix (2.1.3a) either.

Good day to all,

Apparently there weren't any significant changes made to either of those DLC patches that warranted documenting in the change log even though they were modified. There may have just been a few minor cleanup fixes - I'm not exactly sure what specifically. Looks like there was no documentation for one or more of them in the previous hotfix (2.1.3a) either.

From what I understand v.2.1.3a was only set for USKP not the DLC ones.

This time all unofficial patches went directly to 2.1.3b and for UDGP and UDBP there is no change log.

If something, even minor was changed, it will be good to know as, at least in my case, my conflict resolution patch depends heavily on them.

Thank you for your great work and dedication!  :)

I was searching in the USKP changelog for "Gray-Mane" in order to answer a comment on Nexus, and I noticed that there are three occurrences of incorrectly spelled "Grey-Mane".

Not very important of course, but I thought you might want to be aware of that.

Arthmoor, I've been absent for a while, when should we expect the unified patch? Do you still hunt the new bugs or that's on hold until the unification is complete?

@maboleth, this post in the USLEEP thread still applies.

As a tester, I'm currently running through the Dawnguard DLC stuff to make sure nothing major pops up. Everything is going well so far, we may be ready for public beta within the next two weeks (but don't quote me on that).

Please continue to report bugs as per normal for now.

I just found this video showing interesting glitches. Posting here for the record. I'll investigate later, but if any volunteers wish to help... you're welcome ! :D