[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

Arthmoor - I have had a good look through the issues tracker, and cant for the life of me find an issue that I know has been mentioned .. I never went to the location to have a look ( distracted by doing something else probably )

Karthspire, the rock which vanishes depending on what angle you look at it - If you know the issue, following = additional confirmation

screenshot 1

screenshot 2

screenshot 3

Its just after you have gone through the cave, got rid of the foresworn in there, then you enter an opening where you can see the sky, right there before you start going up and solving a few puzzles to drop bridges

I am not making a new issue because I am pretty sure one already exists. Just cant find it.

Those are usually room bounds issues. I don't recall if there's something posted about this particular one or not since these tickets pass through the "placed references" category and Pete may or may not have done something with it already.

Usually it's easier to get to the heart of a problem like this with a form ID from something at the spot because some of these dungeons are big and general directions don't always help.

USKP 2.0.9. beta is up. Anticipating this going 1-2 weeks depending on whether or not anything comes up that has to be corrected.

Second post has the details for this update.

And yeah, best laid plans etc. The download has been pulled, fortunately nobody grabbed it yet tongue.png

Gotta get the DLC updates lined up with this one before we can spring it again.

Yep, they will, although the DLCs themselves won't have much to check. They'll need to be updated alongside the USKP or things will break with some of the fixes.

USKP/UDGP/UHFP/UDBP beta 2.0.9 releases are up. Please make sure if you are going to be testing that you test with ALL of the files relevant to your game. Failure to do so will break things due to dependent fixes that had to be carried over into the DLC patches.

We anticipate this beta run to last 1-2 weeks, mainly for the USKP itself, depending on whether or not anything weird comes up.

Initial testing, mostly just checking mesh fixes, etc.

- dwemer bed fix did not work... needs more investigating.

- Imperial Armor seam fix looks good, but noticed there's a seam in the female skirt not previously mentioned. I'll create a new ticket.

Everything else checks ok, no CTD's or anything buggy.

Also tested a vanilla start, Tullius is able to say his complete lines.

Annoying about the bed, but at least I wasn't just imagining it not working when I crudely tried to lower the marker once before and thought it just didn't work. Probably ok to leave it in for now though.

Fortunately no CTDs. Should be no mesh surprises as I went and took a quick run through the places they've been edited this time around.

Alva has ceased trying to understandingly murder the Morthal guards after her quest (at long last) :P

I still have the error in Bromjunaar Sanctuary:

If I place a mask and then take it again, it is gone. Only Konahrik works like it should.

With USKP disabled all works fine, and also with an old version of USKP, so what changed?

A friend also has this problem, so I am not alone,

Sorry, second false post in one day, shame on me  :wallbash:  Maybe my game is buggy, maybe I habe TES5Edited too much... Thanks again for wasting time on me.

USKP + UDGP beta files have been updated to address a missing property error for the Gallows Rock and Drifshade Sanctuary fixes.

The following dialog lines have no voice acting :
020709c0 : If that's what you want. I'll head back home if you need me. (Onmund / MaleYoungeager)
020709c1 : You'll be all right on your own? I'll head back home if you need me. (Brelyna Maryon / FemaleYoungeager)
020709c2 : Really? J'zargo was having such fun. Ah, well. Back home is where you will find me. (J'zargo / MaleKhajiit)
020709c3 : I understand. We must all follow our own paths. I'm heading home if you need me. (Erandur / MaleDarkElf)
020709c4 : Such a shame. I thought we were getting along so well. If you change your mind, you know where to find me. (Mjoll / FemaleNord)
020709c5 : Well, it's been fun. I'll head back home if you need me. (Erik the Slayer / MaleYoungeager)

USKP related log entries :
*Dismissing Onmund as a follower after he's been married or recruited as a blade still plays dialogue saying he's returning to the College when this is not where he'll be going. (Bug #18227)
*Dismissing Brelyna Maryon as a follower after she's been married or recruited as a blade still plays dialogue saying she's returning to the College when this is not where she'll be going. (Bug #18225)
*Dismissing J'zargo as a follower after he's been recruited as a blade still plays dialogue saying he's returning to the College when this is not where he'll be going. (Bug #18235)
*Nothing mentioned about Erandur in the USKP log ?
*Dismissing Mjoll as a follower after she's been married or recruited as a blade still plays dialogue saying she's returning to Riften when that's not where she'll be going. (Bug #17178) [uSKP 2.0.9]
*Dismissing Erik the Slayer as a follower after he's been recruited as a blade still plays dialogue saying he's returning to Rorikstead even if this is not where he'll be going. (Bug #18237)

Then, I tested only J'zargo dismissing. Once he joined the blades his new answer text displays properly, but he never returns to Skyhaven Temple and always follows me. I assume other followers may also be affected.

Edit : J'zargo dismiss option is still available in the various topics.

So none of the new dismissal dialogue is working? Really? I know they don't show up in the CK but I was hoping that was just because the CK was being a jackass as usual.

The xwm/fuz files are not shown in the CK because these NPCs are added 'dynamically' to the checked factions by scripts related to the blades or marriage quests. The CK instead uses 'cold' conditions/factions, as they are supposed to be ingame when you fire a brand new start, that's not an issue. And as I said, the text from these dialog lines is properly displayed ingame, proof that it's working. What is broken is (I suppose) the associated scripts that don't dismiss these followers for real.

And for voice acting, I think there's enough material in the existing game dubbings to achieve proper audio splices.

Edit : Ok, there's something wrong with your scripts (maybe they're just missing from the bsa archive, I can't check atm). What I did is deleting the 6 references I mentioned 2 posts earlier from the actual USKP.esp (using TES5Edit), then I mirrored your checked conditions and rebuilt those 'duplicate answers' with the proper factions checks, and it works 100% fine. Check this, please.

Uh. Not to contradict you here but I just tested this with Mjoll and Onmund, who my archmage had already conveniently recruited into the Blades. Both expected new dismissal lines played when they were supposed to. Both returned to their duties at Sky Haven like they were supposed to. No script errors were seen. Though I did have to fix Mjoll's vanilla Riften response because I missed it when setting those conditions. Either way, that's two of the 5 who are working. So I don't see why the other 3 won't either.

Are you sure this isn't some quirk of using it in a French copy of the game? I mean, I don't see why it would be since the spliced responses are ours vs vanilla, but this is Skyrim we're talking about here.

I still have the error in Bromjunaar Sanctuary:

If I place a mask and then take it again, it is gone. Only Konahrik works like it should.

With USKP disabled all works fine, and also with an old version of USKP, so what changed?

Finally found the problem: the Mod "Dragon Priest Mask Quest Marker" permanently overwrites your fix in the savegame.

Starting a new game without it solves it. Thanks again.

@Arthmoor : WTF ! I don't know what kind of voodoo is at work here, but everything works fine today !  :scared:  Voice acting are played flawlessly except Mjoll using her vanilla one, as you stated (but you seem to have already fixed this), and followers are dismissed properly. I just simply don't understand what went on here... :blink:   Apologies...  :unsure:

Yep. I had a strange horse mount/dismount glitch. I even asked for help here and Hana tried to help me debug it. But it disappeared on its own after two days. Skyrim definitely has a secret life. :D

I'm in the middle of the talks with Delphine (I haven't agreed to meet with her yet) and the main quest is basically on-hold. Been like that for months. But what I find curious is that there are virtually no dragons anywhere. I can find them on the mountain summits, but there are no dragon encounters. Can this be related to the unfinished quest/talks with Delphine? If so, can it be fixed or separated from that event?