[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

Just like there are no potions that fortify alchemy, there are no enchantments that fortify enchanting. That would allow for some ugly self-buffing loops, like the fortify restoration buffing enchantments loop already mentioned that was fixed.

Yes, thanks! (Posting in two forums makes the conversation disjointed.)

Empty Enchanted of Enchanting lists found by Gruftlord have now also been removed from their parents. See http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1144-fix-jewelry-enchanting-leveled-lists/

It also depends what kind of armor you're wearing I mean it's heavy or not, but also is it light or heavy armor.

Let me ask you... Have you been in Hag's End yet?

If so then go back there and go through the entire dungeon, because you need go out there you killed the Hagraven on the top level in Arngeir's Word Of Power quest. The reason I mention is because I know there is a Predator's Grace boots nearby, but you need to use the Whirlwind shout in-game to get there (to the right of the entrance) and once you have done that then start to locate a chest.

After you have pick up the boots then test them in-game since it has an unique enchantment (Muffle and 1% stamina regeneration).

I also know there is a few unused enchantments in the game but they exist in CK. If you want to test these unused enchantments in-game then let me know since I'm already using them in a small mod I made not long ago.

The value discussed here is independent of armor weight. In fact it is the percentage that the armor weight gets multiplied with when calculating movement noise.

As the table implies - NO armor at all, or just Nightingale boots or just my own enchanted boots.

Yes I've been to Hags End, yes I had those boots but I have a feeling I disenchanted them. Can't check at the moment as I'm messing with the PC (it's in bits). Yes I could use player.additem to get them back (I think).

I've isolated a problem with MoveTo(). It doesn't work on an actor already in the cell.

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/15186-dialoguewhiterunarguescene-participants-dont-always-show-up/

My guess is this is a game engine "efficiency" to avoid actors popping around in front of the player. It may only be a problem for a cell that the player is in currently -- although in this case the code is triggered by the player leaving the cell for one of the 3 shops, so s/he's actually entering another cell.

Did anybody already know about this problem? How many other places might be having this problem?

DisableNoWait() before MoveTo() followed by Enable() -- seems to work in my test cases.

[old code removed]

A super simple way to implement this would be a bulk search and replace program would be simple to to for every script file in one go. I just am assuming this isnt the only place this is an issue

A super simple way to implement this would be a bulk search and replace program would be simple to to for every script file in one go. I just am assuming this isnt the only place this is an issue

Bulk search is easy: grep -ir moveto *

But it only needs to be done where the movee can already be in the same cell as the player, and the player is entering or leaving the cell. Which means we need to look at packages, too. Quite a bit more work.

EDIT: AND this isn't the only problem. I've got a verifiable save where I enter Jorrvaskr around 6 am, and Farkas pops into the middle of the room. He's not there as I enter, he appears as I'm walking across. It's not his editorloc. As I cannot find the package or script that might be doing this, it's probably on a quest alias. But it's not as important (no dialogue), so I've not reported it yet.

For the record:

cd Public/Elder\ Scrolls/Skyrim/CK\ 1.9\ Source/
find . -name "*" -print0 | xargs -0 grep -iwr moveto

3192 lines.... ;)

EDIT: AND this isn't the only problem. I've got a verifiable save where I enter Jorrvaskr around 6 am, and Farkas pops into the middle of the room. He's not there as I enter, he appears as I'm walking across. It's not his editorloc.

Found it. CompanionsLeadersHangOutInJorrvaskr uses the center marker of the room, making it a harder search. He's CompanionsShift2Sleep22x8 until 6:05, then CompanionsShift2Train7x5 (7:05), so he defaults into the main room for an hour in between.

AFAICT, there's no MoveTo() involved, so false alarm. I've reproduced it going through different doors at slightly different times: after 6 am, anytime from 6:07 to 6:15, Farkas just pops into the room. He never comes up the stairs from where he's sleeping.

So much for optimizing MoveTo() to avoid player vision -- the game engine pops folks around based on regular packages! :(

Disabling is a no-go because it regenerates the actor's leveled items.

I still think this is due to 1.9's optimizations, and somehow EvaluatePackage() is unnecessary -- MoveTo() automatically reevaluates the actor's AI, and possibly doing both pops the actor back to their editor location.

Also, in my experience, MoveTo() does work in the same cell...

These scenes have a bad habit of breaking during testing and yet working flawlessly during normal gameplay...

Thanks, I had no idea disabling "regenerates the actor's leveled items." Where is that documented?

"MoveTo() automatically reevaluates the actor's AI" -- where is that documented? Why do so many MoveTo have EvaluatePackage after them?

This was reported because it does NOT work during gameplay. It took a lot of testing to figure out what was happening.

I have a series of 6 saves. I watch Idolaf exit Bannered Mare. I can then enter Bannered Mare (or Arcadia's or Belethor's), which runs this scene setup. I added copious trace statements to determine what was happening. The MoveTo doesn't result in any change to Idolaf's X, Y, Z.

I can exit Bannered Mare, and run over to Idolaf (now in the wind district) and walk along side him as he delivers his lines.

I'll try other quick and dirty solutions, such as moving him to his editor loc, and then back outside.

MoveToMyEditorLocation() does seem to work in this case.

UPDATE: As a followup test, I waited until just about 7:30 pm. I can see Olfrid halfway across town, walking toward Bannered Mare. Fralia is cooking at home. Without this patch, entering Bannered Mare has Olfrid jump inside BM next to me (not remain outside), because his MoveTo() didn't move him, and his evening package has him in BM. As I go outside, he follows, and misses his first lines.

With this change, everything functions smoothly.

Still need answers to my other questions; disabling regenerates? moveto evaluatepackage?

[old code removed, 0 downloads]

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/15197-room-rental-issues/

I don't know how many eyeballs are here, but I'm trying to fix the rented bed walk. At some point, Hulda got herself reserved by USKP, and the quest alias stopped filling. Delphine has always been reserved (thus never worked), but also was missing the proper keyword.

So I've got them both walking you to your bed, and Hulda speaks, but Delphine doesn't. Any ideas?

UPDATE: copied Delphine lines from FemaleCommoner.

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1182-room-rental-issues/

I tested both issues mentioned above (the Delphine/Hulda room rental "issue" and QF_DialogueWhiterunArgueScene "issue") and cannot find anything wrong with these quests. I made a note of this in the tracker tickets for these respective issues as well. These tests were done on a new game with USKP 2.0.3 with the following load order and mods:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Version 2.0.3
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Version 2.0.3
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Version 2.0.3
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Version 2.0.3
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp Version 1.1.6
Cutting Room Floor.esp Version 1.0.4
Bring Out Your Dead.esp Version 1.2.4
HoldBorderBanners.esp Version 1.0
Legionettes.esp Version 1.0.3a
Point The Way.esp Version 1.0.2
Run For Your Lives.esp Version 1.2.4
When Vampires Attack.esp Version 1.1.1
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp Version 1.2.7
Storefront.esp Version 1.0.2a
Manor Roads.esp Version 1.0
Provincial Courier Service.esp Version 1.2.1

I tested both issues mentioned above (the Delphine/Hulda room rental "issue" and QF_DialogueWhiterunArgueScene "issue") and cannot find anything wrong with these quests. I made a note of this in the tracker tickets for these respective issues as well. These tests were done on a new game with USKP 2.0.3 with the following load order and mods: ...

Thanks. What did Delphine say? That will help track down the alternatives.

You've simply been lucky. I've tested the ArgueScene extensively. It's completely reproducible. I've found the problem occurs only at very specific times. For example, enter Bannered Mare your first time at 12:10 and exit at 12:17. Idolaf has just walked out the door before you go in, and hasn't walked all the way to his house yet.

I have test cases for Idolaf doesn't show up, Fralia doesn't show up, and Olfrid doesn't show up.

Worse, this "optimization" of MoveTo() by the game engine is probably doing the same all over the game.

Thanks. What did Delphine say? That will help track down the alternatives.

She didn't say anything. Also, after further testing, I'm almost 100% certain it was an error on my part that she was walking me to the room. See the comment in the tracker ticket here: http://afkmods.iguan...-rental-issues/

She didn't say anything.

Delphine doesn't speak because she's not in JobInnkeeper and there's no dialogue recorded for the line.

Who is it that can do .fuz line splitting?

UPDATE: Listened to the other female voices, and FemaleCommoner is close enough -- especially as you haven't heard Delphine say more a few lines at this point. Not perfect, but easier than trying to cobble together the lines from her existing dialogue.

So it's been more than a month since the last patch, do we have enough done for the next version?

You appear to be assuming any 204 work has even been started yet. Considering the DLCs had to play catch up, and only just got back into version sync, nobody has done anything of substance toward 204 yet other than collect tracker issues.

Give it time. Stuff will be getting done soon, but don't expect that we'll have something beta-ready before the end of April. Also, people should stop expecting rapid release cycles. February was an anomaly most of us are not keen on repeating anytime soon.

• Like 2

I prefer rapid release cycles. Short lists of bug fixes, easier to verify. And I kinda liked the one per week DLC release schedule.

You would be just about the only person who does prefer a rapid release cycle. We have no intention of doing that though, especially since it causes needless headaches due to limited or no time for proper testing. As I said, February is not something we want to repeat. That was a bad month for a number of reasons, not the least of which was due to the very rapid cycle you're advocating. It's not a good fit, we aren't Mozilla or Google. We don't have 300 people on the team to justify such a schedule.

February happened because of the huge 2.0.1 release after months of no release. Was too big, had too little testing, covered too many things. More frequent releases are better for small teams.

UPDATE: the current management buzzword is agile development, although that's not what we called it in the '70s.

No. February happened because you got uppity about FIX THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW and it turned into a giant mess because of it. Your impatience and aggressive attitude about the whole think took everyone out of their normal way of doing things and was highly disruptive to the rhythm we'd established. You didn't have to listen to the complaints about it that I did so let's just stop with that. We're going to stick with what we know works.

This expectation of yours that a hobbyist project for a game should undergo professional quality code review and be held to professional coding standards is not going to work. Not unless you're planning on paying everyone to be held to such standards, and I'm sure you can see how that would ultimately end in legal disaster for the project.

We are human, we will all make mistakes (including you, even if you refuse to admit it) and those mistakes will be corrected as needed.

No. February happened because you got uppity about FIX THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW and it turned into a giant mess because of it. Your impatience and aggressive attitude about the whole think took everyone out of their normal way of doing things and was highly disruptive to the rhythm we'd established. You didn't have to listen to the complaints about it that I did so let's just stop with that. We're going to stick with what we know works.

This expectation of yours that a hobbyist project for a game should undergo professional quality code review and be held to professional coding standards is not going to work. Not unless you're planning on paying everyone to be held to such standards, and I'm sure you can see how that would ultimately end in legal disaster for the project.

We are human, we will all make mistakes (including you, even if you refuse to admit it) and those mistakes will be corrected as needed.

If I could chime in here. I would like to point out a specific example that supports Arthmoor's system: Skyrim

Bethesda rushed through development and didn't test the game at all. If they had taken their time to do things right, then we would have no need for the USKP. For this reason I strongly prefer any project that goes at their own pace.

• Like 3

Heh, not to mention their betas that they ran for a week or two on each official patch (MUCH smaller than anything we put out) and then did nothing with the information they were given. Kind of makes you wonder why they did that, but hey.

Their pacing clearly didn't work, and they're a professional game studio. Perhaps they should have adopted a slower release cycle that handled more updates at once and had a longer time in testing to make sure most of it was solid before letting their customers handle the betas. :whistle:

Heh, not to mention their betas that they ran for a week or two on each official patch (MUCH smaller than anything we put out) and then did nothing with the information they were given. Kind of makes you wonder why they did that, but hey.

Their pacing clearly didn't work, and they're a professional game studio. Perhaps they should have adopted a slower release cycle that handled more updates at once and had a longer time in testing to make sure most of it was solid before letting their customers handle the betas. :whistle:

What Bethesda should really do with every official patch is to do what they did with CK.  Let a few a people of the community play test the official patches before the patch was release as *stable*, which was not the case back in 2011-12.

I remember something crazy, but awesome, when dragons suddenly flew backwards.  Although that only happen on PS3 perhaps on Xbox too IIRC.