[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

today i made an intresting observation with the chicken.

you may remember the discussion about their spazmic movement, and how this is related to the glucking fix from uskp?

i took a closer look again at the two chicken in Riverwood, and it turns out, the one next to where Hilde is sitting during the day moves without any weird animation issues.

the chicken next to the inn, on the street between the inn entrance door and the big tree on the other side of the street, is spazming, and it does so pretty hard and often. and here is the twist: if nicelly pushed away from his main idle spot towards the vilage center, it will stopp spazming, and resume once ot walks back.

so: it seems for me the erratic behavior is somehow location dependent. source unknown. i saw that the chicken feet clip pretty hard (for a chicken, i.e. half the chicken's legs' length) in that part of the street. might be a hint.

if anyone is interested in giving this another look, take a look at this chicken.

anyway, in this light it looks like one of these problems that have always been there, but nobody observed them until they started staring at chicken for well known reasons.

since the general interest in the chicken error has been rather low, i'm leaving this here in the thread. should someone of you be able to confirm my observation, i'll add it to the tracker. currently, this issue has been observed by some, never observed by others (even after seeing the video) and now i present a new explanantion.

anyway, if i could get a second oppinion, i'd be confident this finally deserves a separate tracker entry.

That's possibly a collision problem with wherever the chicken was standing, or even possibly a navmesh issue. I don't think either one of those is worth the potential problems they cause to get rid of chickens occasionally clipping through and getting hung up by the havok because we'd be chasing that sort of thing all over Skyrim.

And yes, THAT sort of thing has been happening since 11/11/11. Maybe now when I say "it's working fine" people will actually listen for a change :P

A Hotfix for 2.0.0 has been issued for a mesh CTD. The rest wasn't considered hotfix material but was already in and tested and does address minor issues brought on by 2.0 anyway so enjoy:

USKP Fixes

• The new circlet armor-addons created to fix the gaps with male and female Elves were not all using the correct male biped model paths so they would end up not changing the texture displayed on the 3rd person viewpoint. (Bug #14086)
  • The LOD tree fix for Solitude on Bug #68 proved to be insufficient to address the problem and has been redone. (Bug #68)
  • The fix for NorTempleEntranceHall01.nif has been removed until we can investigate why exposing this mesh to sunny weather causes the game to crash (no, seriously, it does)

Game Mechanics Fixes

• The 3 spells which make use of the soul trap magic effect needed to have their delivery types updated to match the fixed "aimed" effect of the effect.

Item Fixes

• Circlets MG04Reward01, MG04Reward02, MG04Reward03, MG04Reward04, MG04Reward05, and MG04Reward06 needed to be templated to the base ClothesCirclet02 record so they would pick up the bugfix for the gaps when worn by male and female Elves. (Bug #14086)
  • Diadem of the Savant (dunLabyrinthianMazeCircletReward) needed to have the new armor-addon record for the Elf fix added. (Bug #14086)

NIF Mesh and Texture Fixes

• The visible soul trap hit effect did not play when a target was struck due to a faulty effect mesh. (meshes\magic\soultraptargeteffects.nif)

When launching Skyrim I'm getting Failed to get details for !#%!^ steam error 15 lately. I think it's releated to Unofficial skyrim patch being subscrubed but removed from Steam, though I cannot be sure. Anyone else noticed the same?

If you go to your subscriptions you might still be able to unsubscribe. Then you can just delete/overwrite the workshop version's files.

Ummm, thanks but that's not possible, I don't have that option. All I know is that I had "Subscription = yes" for USP even though I unsubscribed on the Steam. Now, since USP is no longer in the workshop, there's no option for me to do anything.

I even tried deleting USP entirely but without any improvement. The game still reports the same error - somehow it still lists USP, even though all files have been deleted.

Ummm, thanks but that's not possible, I don't have that option. All I know is that I had "Subscription = yes" for USP even though I unsubscribed on the Steam. Now, since USP is no longer in the workshop, there's no option for me to do anything.

I even tried deleting USP entirely but without any improvement. The game still reports the same error - somehow it still lists USP, even though all files have been deleted.

In Appdata/Local/Skyrim/SteamModList.txt there should be some settings you can remove.

I wonder whether uninstalling steam (and maybe the game itself too) and then re-installing would help?

Thanks, but unfortunately that didn't help! :( What Daydreamer said was the thing I hoped that would fix everything. Nope. Even though I edited, removed and re-added mod(s) in the file, the game still gave the same error! I even removed all mod files, but nothing... Like the game/steam keeps the notes somewhere else...

Blackpete, the game would probably DL everything back, including the bad scripts/mod status. That's a last resort, because it takes 2-3 hours for me to DL all the Skyrim content.

tesv-error.jpg

You need to go back on the Steam side of things and make sure you're not subscribed to something you shouldn't be.

There were also some other folks mentioning error 15 responses when dealing with other mods as well in the last couple of days so it may be a problem on the Workshop's end that has nothing to do with the USKP updates.

Where you found the SteamModList.txt file before, just delete the whole thing and try again after making sure the subscriptions are correct on the Workshop. Steam will regenerate this file as needed - it knows.

Fixed!

I went to my community profile -> workshop files -> subscribed items and there was an USKP listed with the unsubscribe button. Once I unsubscribed there, it worked! I guess people that are experiencing error 15 issue should do the same. Since the original USKP mod is unavailable, you cannot unsubscribe the usual way - the trick is to go to your community profile and find your subs list.

Thanks everyone!

Possible regression - "TrapBear.psc reset bear traps when simply loading a cell when it should only be doing that at cell reset. (Bug #437)"

Level 23 and I've not yet seen a single beartrap which was open (i.e. waiting to be stepped on) - every one I've seen has been closed. Can anyone else confirm?

At least 3 in Treva's Watch, several in the Ratway, one by the Boss Chest in Broken Helm Hollow and a few others here and there including "outdoors" ones like those by Traitor's Post. Other trap types seem unaffected - bone chimes, pressure plates, pedestals (with objects on top), tripwires and so on.

New game started after the release of 2.0.0a. Update, USKP, SBBasement, no killcams (in that order). No old saves present, no other mods/DLCs activated at any time during this game.

Possible regression - "TrapBear.psc reset bear traps when simply loading a cell when it should only be doing that at cell reset. (Bug #437)"

Level 23 and I've not yet seen a single beartrap which was open (i.e. waiting to be stepped on) - every one I've seen has been closed. Can anyone else confirm?

At least 3 in Treva's Watch, several in the Ratway, one by the Boss Chest in Broken Helm Hollow and a few others here and there including "outdoors" ones like those by Traitor's Post. Other trap types seem unaffected - bone chimes, pressure plates, pedestals (with objects on top), tripwires and so on.

New game started after the release of 2.0.0a. Update, USKP, SBBasement, no killcams (in that order). No old saves present, no other mods/DLCs activated at any time during this game.

I've noticed that none of the bear traps are set as well. However, my game was started on v. 1.3.3c. 

Thanks - at least it's not just me :)

I don't recall this being an issue with 1.3.3c which is logical because the bugfix is in V2. Probably happens regardless of when the game was started.

Thanks - at least it's not just me :)

I don't recall this being an issue with 1.3.3c which is logical because the bugfix is in V2. Probably happens regardless of when the game was started.

I just wanted to mention that someone might want to take a look at the other types of "traps" in the game as well while they're at it. I noticed that a chest trap was not set and not triggering properly at Valtheim Keep (Towers) and I hadn't ever visited this location before on this particular game save. Here's a screenshot. It seems at though this might be an issue created by 2.0.0, because I haven't noticed this or the bear trap issue prior to the recent release.

Sorry but I can't confirm that one. I've just been to Valtheim (after reading your reply) having not been there before in this game. The trap was in place and triggered correctly when I opened the chest.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen an open bear trap in my new game either.

Registered to add an issue....  but it won't let me add.  So instead I'll post here.

Skyrim, Update, Dawnguard & Hearthfire are what I have from Bethesda.  The USKP patches for each.  Only one other mod and that is the one where I'm slowly adding additional "corrections" to further eliminate additional script errors. I'm sure you've already seen me mention some of those on the BethSoft forum thread.  And before anyone says anything, some may be "harmless" but the way I see it, with each one removed there is less wasted processing (and a small reduction in the possibility of script lag, etc...)

This is the issue at hand:

[11/07/2013 - 01:39:31PM] error:  (000B301C): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
	[ (000B301C)].ObjectReference.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (0002526C)].defaultPlayerEnableDisableLinkedRef.OnTriggerEnter() - "defaultPlayerEnableDisableLinkedRef.psc" Line 23

000B301C is the bear that the player has to sneak past or shoot with the bow.

0002526C is a trigger box placed to enable the bear when the player walks through.

The bear however has PostMQ101KeepMarkerREF (000F8236) as an enable parent.

000F8236 gets enabled later on.  When it does, it disables all of the MQ101 stuff.

Since 0002526C is not being used for anything else and the script it is using only enables or disables based on specific property values, I suggest that the trigger box 0002526C be disabled and dropped out of play.

I was, however, able to post a comment about an unconfirmed bug #13852 

In that comment is a solution to removing those errors as well.  Bethesda even coded the ability, they just forgot to go back and change the property value once they decided those trigger boxes should be disabled by an enable parent.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen an open bear trap in my new game either.

I have, on one started since 2.0.0a. No problems with bear traps at all.

Although, I seem to be immune to bugs these days. People are reporting CTDs with Acquisitive Soul Gems that I can not reproduce :-(

So, YMMV.

I've since come across a couple which were ok (Swindler's Den). I had been there before, but not as far as the beartraps. Perhaps the cell resetting caused them to work correctly? When I went through Treva's Watch it was definitely the first time I'd been there.

I've since come across a couple which were ok (Swindler's Den). I had been there before, but not as far as the beartraps. Perhaps the cell resetting caused them to work correctly? When I went through Treva's Watch it was definitely the first time I'd been there.

I actually meant to tell you about this one the other day, but forgot. It was my second time through Swindler's Den and the bear traps were set. It was quite a while back, but I'm pretty sure the first time I went through that cave they weren't set.

I've pretty much proved it is the USKP causing this.

Disable ALL mods including USKP, load the game, on the main menu open the console, TGM then COC SwindlersDen01. It places you just inside the tunnel guarded by 2 BearTraps. Turn around and check the traps - they will be set (open) as they should be.

Exit the game, repeat the above but enable just USKP. The traps will be closed (unset).

What I don't know is which release caused it - I didn't notice this with 1.3.3c so probably 2.0.0 - a Tracdown issue is called for, I think.

[edit] Added Issue #14132[/edit]

On another topic, I've noticed several bugs (or potential bugs) that seem to be occurring with NPCs at Largushbur (the Orc Stronghold in the Rift):

1) Atub (the Orc wise woman) was fixed in a previous USKP version, so that she offers to buy/sell alchemy and magic related items, however, she will never go outside to the "alchemy shack" with the alchemy table in it (like other NPCs in the other Orc Strongholds with the same roles do) and instead always stays in the "longhouse" to offer her vendor services. Edit: issue #14178 is fixed for USKP v. 2.0.1

2) I've also noticed that Ugor never seems to sleep in the longhouse. I don't know if there is a problem with her "sleep package" or it has something to do with the bed arrangements in the longhouse. Edit: issue #14180 is fixed for USKP v. 2.0.1

3) I've mentioned this one before, but Garakh (the Orc blacksmith), doesn't offer her vendor option despite the fix in an earlier USKP version. (By the way, I added this one to the tracker a while back (see issue #14111). I'm not certain if this is just an issue on my game (which was started with USKP 1.3.3c) or not. Edit: Issue #14111 is fixed for USKP v. 2.0.1

3) I've mentioned this one before, but Garakh (the Orc blacksmith), doesn't offer her vendor option despite the fix in an earlier USKP version. (By the way, I added this one to the tracker a while back (see issue #14111). I'm not certain if this is just an issue on my game (which was started with USKP 1.3.3c) or not.

I can confirm it wasn't completely fixed for me either. Garakh does offer her vendor option, but only while inside the longhouse, instead of outside in her shack.

After some playtime today I can "confirm" the bear traps I encountered were not set (the one in the ratway comes to mind). Do we have a tracker entry open for these issues?

Nevermind, I see it now. Will post over there :)