[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

Some observations while playing (not just testing) with v2.0 installed on a save of one of my playthroughs:

(1) One of the very first things that happened was a courier appearing with a letter from Quintus (I never got this quest before) !

(2) There is new dialogue. Ulfberth had a greeting which I never Heard from him, and Adelaisa had three full new lines of casual chatter. That's even more surprising in view of the fact that neither Ulfberth nor Adelaisa had any fixes applied recently.

Yep, #1 is due to the fix for #1086. Amazing just how many of these things come down to a single checkbox somewhere. A lot of folks will be pleasantly surprised by that one. My own archmage was. :P

#2 - Who knows. Bonus dialogue that nobody expected to pop up? Why not. Couldn't tell you why unless it was unlocked as a side effect of something else.

Updated USKP beta:

• Your chance for success at pickpocketing would actually drop as more powerful enchantments were applied to you. (Bug #252) (this was in before but was forgotten in the changelog)
  • When the previous fix for cave bears was done to make them black as intended, regular bears should have been changed to be brown. Currently all bears other than snow bears are black so this will restore the proper distribution of bears in the game. (Bug #13823)
  • Sabre cats, snowy sabre cats, foxes, and snow foxes were not set to respawn despite no in-game reason for this to be so. This would eventually lead to many spawn points in the world becoming depleted if they had last spawned one of these 4 creatures. (Bug #13844)
  • Hrefna has been given a new bed type to replace the bed she's supposed to use in Darkwater Crossing so she can execute her sleep package - without being stretched out by a normal bed. (Bug #13391)
  • Companions radiant quest Animal Pelt Collection (CR03) was never available because its event type had not been set and therefore was not available in Aela's quest node for the story manager.
  • The wilderness encounter with the Aspiring Mage (WE31) would never complete properly, the mage wasn't equipping the staff for his scene, and he wasn't giving the staff to the player like he said he would. (Bug #13890)
  • Birna's dialogue after the end of Drowned Sorrows should change to mention (albeit vaguely) that Ranimr is gone but it doesn't due to bad condition checks. (Bug #13911)
  • Further improvements to the weapon rack scripts have been provided, bringing the USKP up to version 3.1 of Sclerocephalus' overhaul fix.

By far the biggest thing to check with this is the weapon racks. Pound them up good.

Just found these on my log. Does this make any sense to you (can't remember that there were any CW fixes lately) ?

[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOImperialEastmarch_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOImperialFalkreath_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOImperialHaafingar_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOImperialHjaalmarch_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOImperialPale_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOImperialReach_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOImperialRift_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOImperialWhiterun_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOImperialWinterhold_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOSonsEastmarch_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOSonsFalkreath_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOSonsHaafingar_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOSonsHjaalmarch_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOSonsPale_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOSonsReach_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOSonsRift_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOSonsWhiterun_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOSonsWinterhold_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.

And another, for good measure ;)

[10/12/2013 - 11:57:57AM] warning: Variable ::USKPRomlynJailMarker_var on script QF_FreeformRiften03_00053307 loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.

Just found these on my log. Does this make any sense to you (can't remember that there were any CW fixes lately) ?

[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOImperialEastmarch_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.

[10/12/2013 - 08:42:54AM] Warning: Variable ::CWFieldCOImperialFalkreath_var on script USKPCWCampLeadersFixNPCScript loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.

etc

This is just the save game cleaning out changes. I think someone borught something like this before and it can be safely ignored but prefer a second opinion XD

Yeah, all these type of messages can be safely ignored. It just means that the script has been updated and the new script doesn't include that particular variable/property. You'll only see these messages once, after a script has changed.

Typos in the USKP beta 2 version history:

(Ex: Bug #13494) -> (Ex: Bug #13424)

th orc -> the orc

Meleran -> Melaran

These fixes are missing from the changelog (from Bug #13457):

• Two war axes (Steel 00013983 and dwarven 00013993) were changed to use WPNBashAxeImpactSet [iPDS:000193C8].
  • Also no mention of the Lunar weapons (SteelWarAxe) or the Kahvozeins Dagger (DragonPriestDagger), which inherit changed properties, their templates are in the parenthesis.

The bow string on the skeleton load screen art had bad UV mapping. (meshes\LoadScreenArt\​LoadscreenSkeleton.nif) (Bug #12997) ## needs [uSKP 2.0.0]

Yeah, all these type of messages can be safely ignored. It just means that the script has been updated and the new script doesn't include that particular variable/property. You'll only see these messages once, after a script has changed.

I beg to differ: those warnings tell you that it is an USKP script whose properties are missing (and not a vanilla script which an USKP version replaced). Unless said script was updated itself (and I can't remember that anything was done lately to the civil war), something is wrong here.

NightStar is correct though. The script in question was rewritten to use a formlist instead of a bunch of individual properties. Cuts down on the permanently persistent memory usage. The script functions just fine as it is now, I've run it through testing on my 2011 saves several times on both sides of the war.

USKP 2.0 comes with updates for the following critter scripts:

• Critter
  • CritterSpawn
  • CritterFish
  • CritterBird

CritterMoth and CritterDragonFly are missing (incidentally, it's only these two that have been spamming the log lately). Were they really never fixed or have they been forgotten ?

Is it possible that the newest beta cleans killed/dead things way too fast? I met several bandits disguised as imperial soldiers, moved away from them on the horse and when I returned there, they were gone - including the corpses of the real soldiers. I met two of those bandits nearby though and killed them. I wandered a bit, not far away from their bodies, but when I returned - their bodies were gone?

I don't recall Skyrim cleaned corpses & killed things this fast.

Strange thing also happened there. I fought Whispmother and one of the the hillocks was "passable", like there were only empty hill meshes, not the actual, hard stone. I couldn't see my character there, she was "inside" the hill. I saved the position, exited the game and disabled the USKP and loaded the save. The ghost hillock was a hard stone once again. However, enabling the USKP again didn't change it - everything was normal.

What really happened there?

first is probably a random encounter, those are supposedly cleared once the cell unloads.

the second one is a known engine bug. once in a while the game simply won't load the next cell propperly. you've probably encountered these moments, when a texture looks really ugly and you don't know why; and after a moment it goes away? you probably encountered a hard case of that

everything will return to normal once you leave and come back, or once you reload the save.

so what you see when disabling a mod and coming back has nothing to do with the problem.

in any instance, once you encounter a problem in skyrim, you should first try to close the game completely and reload the save to see if the problem persists.

and thanks for chosing the uskp as the first mod to try to disable once you see something going wrong.

Thanks Gruftlord, it's just that those random encounters cleared way too fast...

I don't use many mods at all... If I don't count all of these Unofficial patches, I'm pretty much playing vanilla Skyrim with just several mods that enhance the details.

But today is my bug-friendly day! I seem to encounter them in just about every step. Had the Skyrim crash several minutes ago, even though that hasn't happened for months. I just met Babette that killed the wood elf... I tried to harvest his blood for Septimus, but couldn't. The game just does not give me the option to harvest blood, like I don't have the essence extractor...

Is it possible that the newest beta cleans killed/dead things way too fast? I met several bandits disguised as imperial soldiers, moved away from them on the horse and when I returned there, they were gone - including the corpses of the real soldiers. I met two of those bandits nearby though and killed them. I wandered a bit, not far away from their bodies, but when I returned - their bodies were gone?

I don't recall Skyrim cleaned corpses & killed things this fast.

In reference to the bandits dressed as Imperial Soldiers. That is a "random world encounter quest" and those NPCs are supposed to clear out immediately after you leave the cell (area) in which they spawn. The same goes for the encounter with Babette feeding on a dead NPC.

Edit: looks like Gruflord posted the same thing above. Sorry for the duplicate response.

Thanks Blackpete, I didn't know that. Unfortunately, my essence extractor simply does not work. I tried it on the Falmer too. No harvest-blood option when searching the body, never had for my character.

Thanks Blackpete, I didn't know that. Unfortunately, my essence extractor simply does not work. I tried it on the Falmer too. No harvest-blood option when searching the body, never had for my character.

I don't know if this will be of any help in getting to the bottom of this issue, but I found the following on the USEP Wiki:

You may not have the "Harvest blood" option despite having the Essence Extractor in your inventory.

• Pc22.png Use the console command player.addperk 79af5.

Hey, thanks! That did the trick, it set the perk to 1, probably activating it. I now have the harvest blood option! Should I report this as a bug on Tracdown?

Hey, thanks! That did the trick, it set the perk to 1, probably activating it. I now have the harvest blood option! Should I report this as a bug on Tracdown?

I think that would be a good idea. An administrator like Arthmoor can correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, this isn't addressed yet by the USKP. I'm curious as to what triggered the problem to begin with.

NOTE: I noticed that 2.0 is fixing a similar bug: If you kill Septimus Signus right after he gives you the stage to harvest blood, you will fail the quest, but the game will still prompt you with the "Harvest blood" option every time you loot the corpses of Orcs or elves.

I have no idea whether these two bugs are related or not, because I have never experienced either of them personally.

best to upload your bugged savegame as well, if you add the bug to the tracker. sometimes these bugs can be hard to reproduce and fix else.

You should open a ticket for that and also include a save from a time when you were affected by the bug, but before you used a console to solve the issue.

No problem. I have like a 100 save files before and just one that has the perk activated. The thing is, the essence extractor never functioned so I forgot it's in my inventory.

Updated USKP beta:

• Your chance for success at pickpocketing would actually drop as more powerful enchantments were applied to you. (Bug #252) (this was in before but was forgotten in the changelog)
  • When the previous fix for cave bears was done to make them black as intended, regular bears should have been changed to be brown. Currently all bears other than snow bears are black so this will restore the proper distribution of bears in the game. (Bug #13823)
  • Sabre cats, snowy sabre cats, foxes, and snow foxes were not set to respawn despite no in-game reason for this to be so. This would eventually lead to many spawn points in the world becoming depleted if they had last spawned one of these 4 creatures. (Bug #13844)
  • Hrefna has been given a new bed type to replace the bed she's supposed to use in Darkwater Crossing so she can execute her sleep package - without being stretched out by a normal bed. (Bug #13391)
  • Companions radiant quest Animal Pelt Collection (CR03) was never available because its event type had not been set and therefore was not available in Aela's quest node for the story manager.
  • The wilderness encounter with the Aspiring Mage (WE31) would never complete properly, the mage wasn't equipping the staff for his scene, and he wasn't giving the staff to the player like he said he would. (Bug #13890)
  • Birna's dialogue after the end of Drowned Sorrows should change to mention (albeit vaguely) that Ranimr is gone but it doesn't due to bad condition checks. (Bug #13911)
  • Further improvements to the weapon rack scripts have been provided, bringing the USKP up to version 3.1 of Sclerocephalus' overhaul fix.

By far the biggest thing to check with this is the weapon racks. Pound them up good.

Thank you for the update !

I know that it's not advised to use the USKP beta version with a game save we intend to keep, but with this update must I start a new game or can I just overwrite the previous beta patch and still benefit from these 8 new fixes ? I started a new game with the previous beta version and my character is only level two in Bleak Falls Barrow. If I could avoid to do again the Helgen prologue... Forgive my laziness !

Just FYI, I noticed that with this update BOSS does not sort correctly the USKP beta anymore. I'm going to report that on the Bethesda forum BOSS thread.