New script bug: Salmon activator.

Thomas Kaira

Someone just posted this on the Beth forums and I have verified it with a no-mods-installed (save LAL to skip the Helgen sequence) brand new game test:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1403481-additem-formlist-not-working-in-17-please-verify/

Simply: there is a problem with the Salmon activator script that is causing a script failure with Papyrus error to occur due to a supposedly newly introduced flaw in how the game handles pulling items from FormLists to add to containers. First-time activation read to me like the game was trying to literally put the FormList itself into the container (which obviously can't be done), but afterwards the game got its act together and the script worked as it was supposed to from then on.

Since the FormList in question only contains one item (salmon meat), a quick fix for this would be to simply make the script reference the Salmon Meat object directly instead of through a FormList.

Seems to just try to add the FLST instead of walking through it and adding each item. Maybe this will fix it:

if nonIngredientLootable ; do I have the optional non-ingredient lootable parameter set?
	 ;actronaut.additem(nonIngredientLootable, lootableCount) ; Original code
	 int lootableIndex = nonIngredientLootable.GetSize()	 ; Fixed code
	 While(lootableIndex > 0)
		 lootableIndex -= 1
		 actronaut.additem(nonIngredientLootable.GetAt(lootableIndex), lootableCount)
	 EndWhile
; End fixed code
else
	 actronaut.addItem(lootable, lootableCount)
 endif

Edit: Just found this thread: http://forums.nexusm...for-form-lists/

I guess the wiki mentions the issue also.

Edited by jonwd7