16bugs tracker subscription expires soon

Arthmoor

What makes a bugzilla tracker any different from a forum in that regard? Not a silly question, I'd actually like to know.

If it's that big of a deal you could always self-sign your own certificate. I used to do that with my server for the Virtualmin interface. Nobody ever complained about that.

We were trying to figure that out too. My guess is that he's objecting to his email being displayed, but that's just a guess. I suggested that Xae tell him that only he and admins can see his email address. The public and regular members can't - it just shows your regular name.

We talked about doing a self signed certificate. A bit of a pita, but doable.

Agreed, it's a huge pita, but it's better than nothing, yes? Unless that guy is willing to pay to get a real one :P

Well I'd like to know what his objection is. Xae was going to respond to him. Let's see what they decide.

More like a uber-paranoid, but yeah.

Also, it looks like Kivan renewed the subscription on the tracker. The warning messages are gone and two new comments showed up.

Edited by Arthmoor

*shrug* I'm assuming he's seen the flood in his inbox by now. (oops, god damn bugzilla and its overzealous notification)

It makes retrieval that much easier. It's quite possible there wouldn't have been time enough to get everything before Google's cache started to empty. I went through this with my blog after a server crash took it all out and had to scramble to manually resurrect every post and every comment they'd cached. Took 4 days, and by the end of the run they were starting to drop comments and I lost a couple of posts in the process.

I had no idea there were this many bugs in the system either. I still can't imagine they're all valid.

People seem to be able to flip the "confirmed" flag when they're not supposed to be able to.

The stupid thing defaults to Confirmed! We been whacking our brains over that one for the last few days. I'd say it's a known Bugzilla bug. They used to have some system where you could vote to make a bug confirmed. We said that would be fine. But it's all busted now. We'll have to register a bug with Bugzilla because that's just plain stupid.

Does it matter anymore though? Aren't you guys back to using 16 Bugs?

It defaults to confirmed for an admin account, I don't know what it does for a regular user, but regular users are able to flip the status flag and shouldn't be able to. That should be a reserved function.

And honestly, I don't know at this point.

It defaults to confirmed for everybody, as near as we can tell. I guess it would make sense for admins, but not for regular users.

We'll see about chasing it down for our other projects, but I don't think we'll worry about the USKP at this point.

That guy doesn't need to be harping on bugzilla issues in the USKP thread, why has he been told to discuss it there when I don't have control over what to do with it?

Responded in the thread on Beth. Registering on the tracker does not give you forum access - it's separate. It doesn't matter if 16 Bugs is going to be used for tracking.