16bugs tracker subscription expires soon

Arthmoor

This company's subscription is going to expire soon. Renew it now.

Just a heads up, probably time to start migrating any open issues left there to the Bugzilla here.

IMO, I don't see any reason to bother Kivan about getting this taken care of because the 16bugs tracker has devolved into a giant mess of people reporting issues caused by mods that aren't being updated, or by already well known issues like the Patch 1.6 dialogue bug. Many of the reports in the last 3 weeks or so can't even be reproduced in a strictly vanilla install. So if the thing dies off without being renewed, no huge loss, other than those issues which are legit that should definitely be carried over.

Did you want our help in migrating the legit bugs over? I'm not sure if there is any way to do it other than re-entering the bugs in Bugzilla, but I could ask Xae to have a look.

That would be great if it's possible, but if not, migrating them over by hand is it. There shouldn't be very many things left open to actually check, except for all the new garbage reported in the last 3 weeks or so.

Well so much for that. The tracker subscription just folded.

Not ALL of them, no. I did manage to move about 60 of the earlier. Honestly, I thought we had way more than a measly 5 days to do this. Do keep in mind that the bulk were not verifiable entries, and that quite a few were for console issues we can't do anything about.

Do you have a way to force add his account to the tracker here?

Edited by Arthmoor

Yes, I can create an account for him. It will send him an email letting him know one has been set up and will give him his password. Shall I go ahead and do that then?

I saw your update on Beth. In terms of anonymous submissions, we could create an anonymous account. Basically whoever wants to submit a bug would log in with that account. Should we look at setting that up or do you want to force people to register?

You might want to post a link to the tracker in the OP on Beth. The only one I saw was in reference to seeing what had been fixed already. Your post will disappear eventually, so I suggest a link in the OP for the few that look at it. ;)

No, I think we should go with account-only. The anonymous submissions were half the problem with trying to verify this stuff, nobody would ever respond to those reports.

I already changed the tracker link in the OP.

All right, good stuff. I've asked Xae to have a look at getting a group set up to control the permissions. I've added Kivan, but he doesn't have admin privileges on the project yet.

Kivan should have admin privileges to the USKP product now. He should be able to edit & confirm bugs and also edit components.

Whatever you guys did to add Kivan has taken my ability to edit bugs away.

You are not permitted to edit bugs in product Unofficial Skyrim Patch.

I had changed it because the parentheses don't link well in forum posts. Not that spaces are much better but they don't cause issues with clicking on it and getting an invalid page error.

The access group allowing users to comment on bugs is also allowing them to edit titles and stuff they shouldn't be able to edit.

The purpose of the access control group isn't directly related to its name. It can make a product private but in this case it's giving its members editing permissions. In other words, it's a product admin group.

Right now, anyone can submit bugs to USKP but only "admins" can edit them.

Bug commenting isn't a setting of the access control group. Are only members of the product-uskp group able to comment?

Only Arthmoor and Kivan should have administrative privileges for the USKP. But all users need to be able to submit reports and add comments to existing reports. The access control group should be what grants the admin privileges, so only Arthmoor and Kivan should be members.

The only thing they need is to be able to report new bugs and comment on existing ones. They shouldn't be allowed to edit anything else because that'll eventually lead to chaos.

Also, we don't have an SSL certificate so it's not a secure login. Is that ok? The public and regular members can't see anybody's email addresses. It's just like logging on to the forums.

That doesn't bother me any. None of the forums in the mod community use SSL either so I don't see the issue.