About This File
This is a simple replacer for the default khajiit tail model. It adds a "fluffy" khajiit tail to both male and female khajiit.
- The included texture is intended for the vanilla texture sets
- This will conflict with other mods that replace or modify the default khajiit tail models (,nif files)
If you create more textures, you can send them to me and I'll start to create a real fomod thing.
The method of packing is rudimentary, no fomod or anything. It does have the right structure for Mod Organize, NMM, and the like, to correctly install from the .7z compressed file.
In the texture folder ( ./Data/textures/actors/character/khajiitmale or khajiitfemale ) there are two other diffuse styles. Dark9 is a less uniform look, Dark4 was an early attempt that looks more scraggly. Just rename them to match the flufftail dds file to try them.
If you'd like to only have the player affected, this can probably be changed to be an equippable item, or something like Player Exclusive Armor could be used: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16815/?
- Replaces the mailtailkhajiit.nif and femaletailkhajiit.nif with new versions
- Creates a new texture set to use with the new .nif models.
- There are a few non-standard things done with this, like combining model-space and tangent space normal maps. Report problems, I suppose
- The darkened area near the base is a compromise with lighting. It seems that, since it is "facing up," lights reflect from it in odd ways from the rest of the body and tail. The dark color reduces the effect while not giving it a clearly different sheen.
This uses a few resources from "Slof", created for oblivion originally. It looks like they created the fluff texture/alpha, fluff normal, and fluff specular maps and used the fluff mesh idea from another mod from Nexus ( http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/17088/ -- I think). I adjusted the mesh and model setup for skyrim (not entirely straight forward :3 ) , created new diffuse texture, and combined the things to work as a mod.
For my own parts, I don't care about distribution or if I'm credited at all. Go ahead and edit / repost.